Tebow WR?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Tebow WR?

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Yo Eng, Wait a damned minute now! I only said it was a logical conclusion and something that BB should/would try. I have never said it would ultimately work, yet you laughed at Me and implied that it was foolish, rediculous, and not worth discussing. So now you ultimately laugh at  Bill, a HOF GM and Coach for doing/trying what i suggested, and YOU THINK I'm the one whos open for a beating???  Dude, lets just say I was correct in saying theyd try it when you laughed it off as stupid and leave it at that. Because see, I am already right. Or would you prefer the beating youRe owed for calling me, then Bill crazy for trying it?  Your call brutha. 

Wait a damned minute now! please point out where I said BB wouldn't try him at that position? I believe what I said was Tebow can't play that position, not that BB wouldn't try him there and appearently you agreed it would be a hard task to convert him unless you don't remember saying:

"Alright, man, my apoligies for being a sarcastic azz. Your pont is taken. I agree 100% with you that it is a tall task."

Tebow's skill set is obvious, but limited.  If he could learn to block more consistently he would be great as a up back or PPP. Unfortunately for him, last year, he became a target for blocking the punt and it outweighed any advantage he provided for fake punts.  

I think he would have been more successful in the WC last year, if he had been usd more consistently, say for a series or a drive. One play at a time is kinda dumb.  TB is not coming out of the game for any non injury reason.  He stays in up 40 points late in the fourth, he's surely not going to come out to get Tebow in.  In non QB postions, his route running was poor, his decison making as a back was slow and his catching ability was lacking.  Other than that, he was great.  

A key factor in team success is that EVERYONE is doing their jobs Well. The change from the Jests to the Pats alone gives Tim a better chance to accomplish his tasks at hand. Amazing what confidence in the guy next to him to do his job well will do for Tim. To answer your earlier question, YES, i did play on teams with guys like Tim. What i learned about guys like him was that unless they felt they were critical to the success of the team, they lacked confidence and usually underperformed for lack of the confidence to do so well. Tim has a child's desire for acceptance. Once he feels he belongs, he will excel at what they ask him to do. BB is a master at instilling pride in his players at what they bring to the team. That is how he is able to keep them engaged. Unfortunately the off season allows for time away from his guidance. I had coaches who had the same influence on their players. Tim is a world class athlete who will find his purpose with the Patriots. He was a National Champ and Heismann winner for a reason and Bill will optimize that reason. Bill respects special/versatile athletes and the game of football and those who accomplish major benchmarks within the game. Tebow found the right team, and stragely, we all know it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yo Eng, Wait a damned minute now! I only said it was a logical conclusion and something that BB should/would try. I have never said it would ultimately work, yet you laughed at Me and implied that it was foolish, rediculous, and not worth discussing. So now you ultimately laugh at  Bill, a HOF GM and Coach for doing/trying what i suggested, and YOU THINK I'm the one whos open for a beating???  Dude, lets just say I was correct in saying theyd try it when you laughed it off as stupid and leave it at that. Because see, I am already right. Or would you prefer the beating youRe owed for calling me, then Bill crazy for trying it?  Your call brutha. 

Wait a damned minute now! please point out where I said BB wouldn't try him at that position? I believe what I said was Tebow can't play that position, not that BB wouldn't try him there and appearently you agreed it would be a hard task to convert him unless you don't remember saying:

"Alright, man, my apoligies for being a sarcastic azz. Your pont is taken. I agree 100% with you that it is a tall task."

Alright Eng, i won't say you said Bill wouldnt try it.  I'll just say you said it wouldnt work, yet BB is gonna try it, just like i said he would. Guess we'll see who is right soon. You for saying it wasnt possible or Bill and I For thinking it was worth a try. Again no beatings warranted.  ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to APpats21's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Tebow just a caught a ball from Mallett in a weird new drill I've never seen before. #AlertTheRubberneckers

Tebow's still catching passes ... Lining up with back and receivers in a (non-contact) tackling drill.

Here two reports talking about tebow playing at receiver is this a option to Pats offense?

Hey TFB12, PatsEng, ATJ, and the rest of of you "Tebow as a TE/H-back/receiver, RallyC is crazy" nay-sayers! Kinda De-Ja-Vu for ya? Told ya so, and its only day 2!..............Don't remember???? OK, here's the link to my thread a few weeks back if you need a reminder as to how y'all responded to me: http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/if-no-a-hern-then-shouldnt-it-be-tebow-time-for-real/100/6704799  Its all good! We've all come a long way since then. I'm cool with all of you, please know this is all in fun.....Peace......

You aren't the only one who said it! I said it too! Guess great minds think alike Cool

[/QUOTE]
    Yes AP, you absolutely did. Good call kid! now lets see how it plays out. I think he sticks if he accepts a diverse roll and we see him contribute. 

[/QUOTE]

I think H-Back would be his perfect position. Get him into space with the ball and watch him make some plays!

[/QUOTE]
    Yup. He can make plays with the ball in his hands. An occaisional bubble screen lateral from Tom to Tim in the slot with a TE taking out the DB on Tim with a deep ball to Dobson on a 9 route is gonna be fun to watch!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Alright Eng, i won't say you said Bill wouldnt try it.  I'll just say you said it wouldnt work, yet BB is gonna try it, just like i said he would. Guess we'll see who is right soon. You for saying it wasnt possible or Bill and I For thinking it was worth a try. Again no beatings warranted.  ;-)

Again never said it wasn't worth a try just said in the end it wouldn't work over a single preseason. So it's more like I said he can't be converted and you thinking he can while BB is rolling the dice to see which one of us is right. Just wanted to make sure we get the positions right before either claim victory this early in the game  ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Again never said it wasn't worth a try just said in the end it wouldn't work over a single preseason. So it's more like I said he can't be converted and you thinking he can while BB is rolling the dice to see which one of us is right. Just wanted to make sure we get the positions right before either claim victory this early in the game  ;-)

Ok! Cool. Im witcha now! Would be nice to force the opposition DCs to prepare. I guess Jesus will decide! ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Relax people, Tebow is not going to be playing TE.  Sure, he might get put in for a few gimmick plays here and there but seriously, to think he is going to be a mainstay at TE is ridiculous.  Look at the talent he would have to beat out at TE.  No freaking way.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Relax people, Tebow is not going to be playing TE.  Sure, he might get put in for a few gimmick plays here and there but seriously, to think he is going to be a mainstay at TE is ridiculous.  Look at the talent he would have to beat out at TE.  No freaking way.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

TFB, this truly isn't about comparing Tebow to other TEs, its about forcng the opposition DCs to prepare for the times that Tim is in the game and honoring his skill set and resulting offensive play options. Imagine having to teach your D a "Tebow Package"? Defensive assignments while Tebow is in the game at H or TE or lined up at RB. Can you imagine how confusing trying to remember all of that would be for a LB or DB? Confusion results in broken coverages and missed assignment. That usually means big plays and many times TDs. If utilized correctly,  Tebow will force DCs to play it straight when he's in the game and take pressure off of Tom. lets not try to think conventionally in this situation. BB is a foot all scientist! He values diversity in his players and who has more of that than Tim? It makes a lot of strategic sense. You are thinking more tactically, and i agree that Tim isnt gonna be a better TE than a natural TE. However, thers not a TE, H-back, or RB who can force more defensive attention and resting isses than Tebow. Yeah, its not a sure thing until it is. Guess we'll soon see. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB, this truly isn't about comparing Tebow to other TEs, its about forcng the opposition DCs to prepare for the times that Tim is in the game and honoring his skill set and resulting offensive play options. Imagine having to teach your D a "Tebow Package"? Defensive assignments while Tebow is in the game at H or TE or lined up at RB. Can you imagine how confusing trying to remember all of that would be for a LB or DB? Confusion results in broken coverages and missed assignment. That usually means big plays and many times TDs. If utilized correctly,  Tebow will force DCs to play it straight when he's in the game and take pressure off of Tom. lets not try to think conventionally in this situation. BB is a foot all scientist! He values diversity in his players and who has more of that than Tim? It makes a lot of strategic sense. You are thinking more tactically, and i agree that Tim isnt gonna be a better TE than a natural TE. However, thers not a TE, H-back, or RB who can force more defensive attention and resting isses than Tebow. Yeah, its not a sure thing until it is. Guess we'll soon see. 

I just don't see Tebow getting in there at TE enough to have DC's worry much about him.  I think DC's around the league are smart enough to know this too.  I don't see where Tebow would be any better in any area then the current crop of TE's on the team.  If I'm a DC on an opposing team I'm relieved to see Tebow in the game then a 'Real' TE.  I just don't see any value of putting him there at any point during a game.  I'm sure DC's aren't worried and won't be putting in much extra time putting in a Tebow defensive package, lol!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I just don't see Tebow getting in there at TE enough to have DC's worry much about him.  I think DC's around the league are smart enough to know this too.  I don't see where Tebow would be any better in any area then the current crop of TE's on the team.  If I'm a DC on an opposing team I'm relieved to see Tebow in the game then a 'Real' TE.  I just don't see any value of putting him there at any point during a game.  I'm sure DC's aren't worried and won't be putting in much extra time putting in a Tebow defensive package, lol!

OK. Well, I really do. So, we will see WHY a HOF coach and GM would choose to even explore the possibility if there weren't any merit to doing so. Ya know, the reality is that BB must have a vision that results in a real benefit by putting Tim at another position beyond QB or he wouldn't bother even having Tim catch a single ball in receiver drills at camp. Its easy to understand why so many simply say, "I don't see it, and it won't work." We aren't the talent evaluators or football geniouses that BB has proven to be over a decade +. Lets see if HE, not ME, is right about what he obviously must envision as a viable possibility................Also, TFB, when you say "I just don't see Tebow getting in there at TE enough to have DC's worry much about him." The fact is that it only takes one play to score a TD. If BB keeps Tebow on the team and is able to use him effectively on just a handful of plays early on, then throughout the rest of season, it wil have a huge impact on our offense being able to take advantage of the defensive attention that Tim will garner. This automatically means less CB/LB blitzs off the edge when he is at H. That is huge in lessening pressure on Tom. 2-3 plays a game with any advantage is huge in the NFL. But if Bill cuts him after seeing that Tim doesn't have the ability, then it is obviously moot. Time will tell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

i don't think he will make the cut. He will either be a chameleon or he will simply be invisible.

What does he bring to the table. Not enough. 

If he does make the roster, mebbe as a half back or TE kind of role - but I would let other "real" TEs do that job.

Exactly. this is just a brief stop for him on his way to the CFL, or even more likely a career as a modivational speaker.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick signed Tebow because a reporter had the temerity to print that BB "hated Tebow as a player," if you don't know BB by now he hates it when reporters presume to know what he's thinking.

Tebow as a WR is laughable, the guy ran a 4.7 at the combine.  I can't expound upon this further without losing points off my IQ.

Tebow as a runningback might be even funnier, in his only season as a starter Tebow fumbled the ball 14 times, who is he going to beat out at runningback?

We already know he can't play QB...

So what we're left with is fullback; can he run block, pick up a blitz, catch, run and play special teams better than all of the FB's and tightends on the roster already...?  The odds are against him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OK. Well, I really do. So, we will see WHY a HOF coach and GM would choose to even explore the possibility if there weren't any merit to doing so. Ya know, the reality is that BB must have a vision that results in a real benefit by putting Tim at another position beyond QB or he wouldn't bother even having Tim catch a single ball in receiver drills at camp. Its easy to understand why so many simply say, "I don't see it, and it won't work." We aren't the talent evaluators or football geniouses that BB has proven to be over a decade +. Lets see if HE, not ME, is right about what he obviously must envision as a viable possibility................Also, TFB, when you say "I just don't see Tebow getting in there at TE enough to have DC's worry much about him." The fact is that it only takes one play to score a TD. If BB keeps Tebow on the team and is able to use him effectively on just a handful of plays early on, then throughout the rest of season, it wil have a huge impact on our offense being able to take advantage of the defensive attention that Tim will garner. This automatically means less CB/LB blitzs off the edge when he is at H. That is huge in lessening pressure on Tom. 2-3 plays a game with any advantage is huge in the NFL. But if Bill cuts him after seeing that Tim doesn't have the ability, then it is obviously moot. Time will tell.

I understand your argument here and you have some very good and valid points.  With your experience in playing at that level you may see it more clearly then me, that's possible.  I just can't see it happening for more then a couple times a game, if that.  And yes, we will see what happens. 

I think Tebow makes the 53 man roster, not sure why I think that other then I think he is a good dude, has a great work ethic, is a solid locker room guy (apparently there were some locker room issues last season) and could possibly be a big help in practice.  Not sure if those are good enough reasons to take up a roster spot and keep him but I'm rooting for the guy.  Had the chance to meet him and he is a cool dude with great energy and positive attitude, can't help but to cheer for those type of people.

Too bad we don't live in the same area, we could put together some type of lunch bet about Tebow at TE, lol!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Belichick signed Tebow because a reporter had the temerity to print that BB "hated Tebow as a player," if you don't know BB by now he hates it when reporters presume to know what he's thinking.

Tebow as a WR is laughable, the guy ran a 4.7 at the combine.  I can't expound upon this further without losing points off my IQ.

Tebow as a runningback might be even funnier, in his only season as a starter Tebow fumbled the ball 14 times, who is he going to beat out at runningback?

We already know he can't play QB...

So what we're left with is fullback; can he run block, pick up a blitz, catch, run and play special teams better than all of the FB's and tightends on the roster already...?  The odds are against him. 

You are right in saying he is not a premiere WR, RB or QB. But he is versatile, he can run, catch, throw and block. This team has historically made great use of verstaile players. I am not sure Tebow WANTS to play a versatile utility role but if he does, he opens up all kinds of offensive possibilities for McDaniels and Brady. I still think the primary beneficiary of his presence will be a physical running game but the pass game benefits as well. I am hoping Tebow drinks the Kool-aid and lines up in multiple formations and positions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How about one of these plays with Tebow to Tom Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49ftrkkWozE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I'll repeat my last post here . . . he makes it as the long snapper . . . only has to beat out one guy!  Other than that he is not worth a roster spot as we have too much talent on this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

rofl I forgot about that play. Looking at Brady run back then my god he was a speed demon compared to how he is now.................................... yeah I don't see that play happening again. Faulk is a much better QB than Tebow

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

You are right in saying he is not a premiere WR, RB or QB. But he is versatile, he can run, catch, throw and block. This team has historically made great use of verstaile players. I am not sure Tebow WANTS to play a versatile utility role but if he does, he opens up all kinds of offensive possibilities for McDaniels and Brady. I still think the primary beneficiary of his presence will be a physical running game but the pass game benefits as well. I am hoping Tebow drinks the Kool-aid and lines up in multiple formations and positions.

The question is can he block better than Huey or this Brandon Ford guy, can he do any of those things better than existing guys on our roster... a highly unlikely assumption.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd just like to address these points with info we currently have available:

He can run - On broken QB plays I admit he can run (ie in Den). But on broken plays the D is here, there, and everywhere with a ton of open space and if he's going to be used as a FB/HB he won't have the broken play to give him that extra room. What I look at are plays where the D knows he is going to run and plays where he has to run between the tackles. The best examples we have was last year with the Jets. During that time he attempted 32 runs which the D knew he was coming and averaged 3.2yrds while looking pretty bad. True it's the Jets OL so I don't think he's as bad as his numbers say but at the same time it points to him being an average runner (think Bolden/BJGE) when the D knows he is coming. He's also to slow to be effective in anything but short yard and gimmick plays yet to tall to be a pile driver in short yardage (4.7 speed, 6'3").

He can catch - So far this preseason we saw him catch 3 easy throws without pads which he didn't have to run routes. The better sample size comes from again the Jets in which they tried to convert him to TE and they decided he was so bad at catching it wasn't worth persuing past gimmick plays. And of course there is the comical gif around of Tebow being completely clueless on a quick flat route where the ball literally bounced off his helmet as the defender laughed.

He can throw - Now we have a great set of data behind this and film upon film shows him making dumb decisions, throwing balls into the dirt, and has a completion % below 50%. All reports from camp so far is that he is horrible passing the ball making poor decisions and his leading WR so far? The turf 5yrds infront/behind the receiver

He can block - He was actually so bad at blocking as a personal protector other teams openly commented that they were targetting him. He was so bad the Jets stopped using him to block by the end of the year because he actually caused more issues trying to block than he provided as a blocker. His blocking ability is well below average 

We have visaul evidence of all the above in footage and have reports that confirm all of the above from his time as a Pro. I honestly have no clue why people keep believing the myth of Tebow. Maybe he'll develop something special but being "versatile" doesn't matter if he's below average compared to his piers in everything he does. At least Edelman (who's shown more versatility) is one the leagues better punt returners, excells in blocking as a WR, and is an average #3/4 WR when healthy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Some analysts stated that the Pats just want Tebow to concentrate on QB because it's a tough system to learn especially for someone with a well known learning disability. I disagree...there is no better way to learn an intricate system than by immersion from several different vantage points if you have the luxury of time and patience, which they do if Mallet sticks around as 2nd QB....This way Tebow learns the duties of various receivers out of varying formations and differeing down and distance situations in a way he might not simply get while reading a play book. It also taps into his athleticism and gives them more lethal game options in terms of matchups with differing opponents and complicating other tema's D alignments in specific situations ( Goal line D, screen pass, trick plays like HB option passes).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd just like to address these points with info we currently have available:

He can run - On broken QB plays I admit he can run (ie in Den). But on broken plays the D is here, there, and everywhere with a ton of open space and if he's going to be used as a FB/HB he won't have the broken play to give him that extra room. What I look at are plays where the D knows he is going to run and plays where he has to run between the tackles. The best examples we have was last year with the Jets. During that time he attempted 32 runs which the D knew he was coming and averaged 3.2yrds while looking pretty bad. True it's the Jets OL so I don't think he's as bad as his numbers say but at the same time it points to him being an average runner (think Bolden/BJGE) when the D knows he is coming. He's also to slow to be effective in anything but short yard and gimmick plays yet to tall to be a pile driver in short yardage (4.7 speed, 6'3").

He can catch - So far this preseason we saw him catch 3 easy throws without pads which he didn't have to run routes. The better sample size comes from again the Jets in which they tried to convert him to TE and they decided he was so bad at catching it wasn't worth persuing past gimmick plays. And of course there is the comical gif around of Tebow being completely clueless on a quick flat route where the ball literally bounced off his helmet as the defender laughed.

He can throw - Now we have a great set of data behind this and film upon film shows him making dumb decisions, throwing balls into the dirt, and has a completion % below 50%. All reports from camp so far is that he is horrible passing the ball making poor decisions and his leading WR so far? The turf 5yrds infront/behind the receiver

He can block - He was actually so bad at blocking as a personal protector other teams openly commented that they were targetting him. He was so bad the Jets stopped using him to block by the end of the year because he actually caused more issues trying to block than he provided as a blocker. His blocking ability is well below average 

We have visaul evidence of all the above in footage and have reports that confirm all of the above from his time as a Pro. I honestly have no clue why people keep believing the myth of Tebow. Maybe he'll develop something special but being "versatile" doesn't matter if he's below average compared to his piers in everything he does. At least Edelman (who's shown more versatility) is one the leagues better punt returners, excells in blocking as a WR, and is an average #3/4 WR when healthy

[/QUOTE]

Good post

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

rofl I forgot about that play. Looking at Brady run back then my god he was a speed demon compared to how he is now.................................... yeah I don't see that play happening again. Faulk is a much better QB than Tebow

[/QUOTE]

LOL!