Tebow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Tebow...

I know it's been brought up before but, the more I think about this, the more it makes sense. The guy is a quality character, smart and tough. Nobody expects him to contribute right off but, imagine him learning from Brady and you can see how good a move this could be for the future. Maybe if BB thinks McKenzie and Tate are as good, or better, as 2 good picks this year, then maybe he thinks about Tebow? Dunno but, in the Patriots organization under BB and Brady, Tebow could be squeezed in some plays next season that would give defenses fits. 

This is not completely nuts.  

"Surprised? Crazier things have happened on Draft Day and I really believe someone will select Florida’s Tim Tebow much earlier than they should. Remember, it only takes one team. It’s no secret that Bill Belichick is a big fan of the Florida program, plus he has been searching for the right guy to implement the Wild Cat into New England’s offense. That is why they showed a lot of interest in Pat White last year and one of the main reasons they selected Juliun Edelman, who was an athletic college quarterback. Plus the Pats have four picks in the first couple of rounds so they can afford to play around a bit. Tebow is going to be one of the most controversial prospects the NFL Draft has ever seen. An amazing leader with out of this world intangibles, Tebow will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest college football players of all time but there are some serious questions about him as a pro prospect. Some feel Tebow profiles as more of a tight end or fullback at the next level but he wants to play quarterback and will likely be given that opportunity. After spending four years in Urban Meyer’s system Tebow will essentially have to be reworked from the ground up. Whether it be his throwing motion, footwork, taking snaps from under center, reading coverages or going through progressions there is just a laundry list of things he will have to work on. The bottom line is Tebow’s probably 2-3 years away from being able to run an NFL offense but he has the talent and work ethic to eventually do it and you know he will charm the pants off of decision makers and coaches in pre-draft interviews. While he is being groomed as Tom Brady’s backup and eventual successor the Patriots, who place a high value on versatility, could utilize Tebow in the Wildcat, as a short-yardage runner and an H-Back. If New England wants to go a more conventional route in round one they also need to bring in a pass rushing outside linebacker,  an  inside  linebacker  and a running back."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Tebow...

jacksonville will get him first

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

1st is way to soon to pick up a backup QB. Now if you are saying with our 4th or if he makes it to the 6th I'm all ears. Maybe trading back the first for a first next year with a 3rd and using that on him but no way a 1st or the 2nds.

Though I like the thought of Tebow being the Young to Brady's Montana.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I don't dislike him but he just is not NFL starting QB caliber imho.  If he proves me wrong good for him and hopefully he does it in a Patriots uni if that is the case but I just do not believe he is capable of being that guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Can he play inside or outside linebacker?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Picking a guy based just on character is borderline insane. He's not fast enough to be an Hback or TE, and he doesn't throw well enough to be a QB. I don't want him in any round. I'm sure there are linebackers who have good character too (they just don't have a camera following them around). 

Tebow fans: Watch the youtube video of Tebow. He is by FAR the worst QB in that game. How did he do rushing? Not so well. He'll get run down very easily in the nfl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

"1st is way to soon to pick up a backup QB."

aaron rogers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Tebow...:
    "1st is way to soon to pick up a backup QB." aaron rogers?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

I'm guessing you are ponting out that beause of Aaron Rogers that it's ok to draft for a backup QB in the 1st? I really hope you aren't saying that because if you remember the whole reason they drafted Rogers in 05 was mainly because they felt that Farve was going to either retire or leave at the end of that season and Rogers would take over after a year. Atleast that was the original plan, hence all the drama during the 06 and 07 offseason where Farve kept coming back and sitting Rogers on the bench.

On top of that 05 was a very weak draft class. And by weak it has just plain failed to come close to producing the same number of starters from previous drafts so Rogers presented good value at that pick.

Now looking at that and knowing that we have obvious wholes that need to be addressed you must be expecting this to be Brady's last year or that this is another very weak draft to suggest that we spend a 1st pick on a guy who will be riding the bench for atleast 5 more years if Brady signs another extension instead of addressing a need in a very deep draft. That's not mentioning that a vast majority of the experts view Tebow as a major long term project placing him firmly in the mid to late round QB selection area.

I'm not saying he won't become a very good QB but using a 1st on a player who might not start a game for half a decade is something only Detriot or Oakland would do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Belichick is not going to run no Wildcat. It's a gimmick and the league has already caught on. Notice, the perennial contenders and "team of the decade" contenders don't even go there: Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Taking him before the 5th round would be a waste of a pick imho.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I'll repeat what one intelligent poster stated earlier this year regarding Tebow...."Tebow would be a public relations nightmare" for many teams if they drafted him, and I think he surely would be if he ended up in New England...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I agree with Tebow being gone before the Pats can pick him up.  I also don't believe the Pats have interest in Tebow unless it's in the 5th rd or lower.  Tebow will be taken earlier than I think most out there believe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I keep hearing that Jacksonville is the logical destination for Tebow, and it makes sense except for two things:

SEC fans don't give a damn about the NFL and it's as likely as not the Jagwires will be playing in California one of these days pretty soon.

Tebow might sell a few tickets in his first season (or he might not), but if you weigh that against the fact that he's not likely to develop into a legitimate NFL quarterback, I think Jacksonville would be foolish to waste a high pick (and the third round is high for Tebow) on him.

The Pats?

Sure, if he drifts to the six or seventh round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Jacksonville won't pick TT in the first round (stupid at #11 pick) and we have their second round pick.  So, if want him, the Jags won't stop us.  

Many mock drafts having Pats pick him at our last second round pick---and the conversation about our taking him is really in vogue right now.  BB knows way more about this than any of us, so will trust him with this. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no to Tebow. why would we draft a back up QB in the 2nd round, he doesn't know how to play FB/TE?WR so he would essentially be a constant project. unless he falls to the 6th round i say no. He lacks the arm strength and accuracy to play in the NFL.

NO TO TEBOW!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'll repeat what one intelligent poster stated earlier this year regarding Tebow...."Tebow would be a public relations nightmare" for many teams if they drafted him, and I think he surely would be if he ended up in New England...
    Posted by mountainmonkey

I'm not in favor of drafting Tebow from a football standpoint, but how is he a PR problem? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"The guy is a quality character"

I P'ed my pants a little there.  Quality character like Jim Baker or Jimmy Swaggart.  I believe a lot of fools were probably saying the same about Tiger Woods 4 months ago.

For all we know he could be in his basement torturing squirrels right now after a long day of smoking crack with transvestite hookers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why do people want to draft Tebow in the 5th round or later? The only way I want to see that bum in a Patriots' uni is if they sign him as an UR. I don't know where people get th idea Tebow can play QB, but he can't. I'm sure Kevin O'Connell is a good Christian, too,but how did he pan out in the NFL? 

Talent over character. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Tcal2 said "I P'ed my pants a little there.  Quality character like Jim Baker or Jimmy Swaggart.  I believe a lot of fools were probably saying the same about Tiger Woods 4 months ago."

That's a cheap shot. That's the same mentality used on the Patriots by those that call them Cheatriots. What has Jim Bakker or Jimmy Swaggert got to do with this? Yeah, Kurt Warner and his faith, bad news there huh? Drew Breese, nothing but trouble. Implying that Christianity is made up of Bakker's and Swaggert's is a nice try but, a simpleton one. 

I have yet to see ONE word that says this guy is anything less than a top tier guy. I for one think he will adapt quickly and surprise a lot of these naysayers. I'm putting it on the line here. Quote me on it and just watch. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Taking him before the 5th round would be a waste of a pick imho.
    Posted by siestafiesta

This is the post of the thread.....