Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers

not a big fan of Ginn but maybe a change of scenery was needed.... could be a good compliment to michael crabtree

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Re: Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers

I am bummed cause as long as he was on the Dolphins we could count on him *sucking and making big mistakes and now he is gone dag I really liked watching him help us win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

hahaha i hear ya

kid cant catch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Yeah..he was aweful. He was a good punt returner though. A total bust as a receiver.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

later ginn...you wont be missed...neither will your family

signed,
    everyone dolphins fan that absolutely hated cam cameron from the word go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Ginn hasn't lived up to his potential, but it looks like the 49ers got the better end of this deal.  Even though he was picked too soon at number 9, I would think he has more upside than a player picked 160ish.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Look at it this way. Ginn is argueably the best kick off returner in the NFL. The Pats like to play a field position game, and kick off return was a weakness last year. Ginn was had for a 5th round choice. Not a high price for the premier kick off returner in the NFL. He is also a vertical deep threat who would have been a nice addition as the #5 wr on this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Watching him burn the Jets twice in one game was fun...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers:
    hahaha i hear ya kid cant catch
    Posted by rebels1520

Haha, neither can Aiken!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Watching him burn the Jets twice in one game was fun...
    Posted by KellieMB

Amen to that and with this...im off...no more work for james...lata yall

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Look at it this way. Ginn is argueably the best kick off returner in the NFL. The Pats like to play a field position game, and kick off return was a weakness last year. Ginn was had for a 5th round choice. Not a high price for the premier kick off returner in the NFL. He is also a vertical deep threat who would have been a nice addition as the #5 wr on this team.
    Posted by ronk1

That's exactly the reason the Pats wouldn't trade from him.  However, the over-the hill Aussie punter was pure genius!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

yea but Ronk he is not being paid to just be a kick returner he is getting top ten over all pick type of money so he needs to play WR as well and he cant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

...and so ends the "Error" of Mr. Fail Fast First, Cam Cameron. You may recall that Mr. FFF's regime used the 9th overall pick in the 2007 draft for Ginn.

What did the Dolphins accept in return? A 5th round draft pick, #145 overall: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-ted-ginn-49ers-trade-0417-20100416,0,675753.story.

Incidently, that's more than the Jets paid for Santonio Holmes...who only cost them the 155th overall pick.

Say what you want about Ginn's ability as a WR. But, he's still an effective kick returner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Maybe Tex but the guy gets paid to be a WR so he needs a new contract if he is going to just rest on his kick returning alone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Maybe Tex but the guy gets paid to be a WR so he needs a new contract if he is going to just rest on his kick returning alone.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

My guess is that Ginn will perform better in SF's style of offense...and where he doesn't have to be the team's #1 WR. Furthermore, the 49ers onlly had to part with the 145th overall pick to get him. Seems like a good gamble to me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Agreed but fix his contract

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I remember when Desmond Howard...I mean Ted Ginn... was drafted by the Fins...the whole studio audience erupted in laughter.....the Dolphins fans were screaming for Cameron's head at their own draft party.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers : That's exactly the reason the Pats wouldn't trade from him.  However, the over-the hill Aussie punter was pure genius!
    Posted by BBRULES23

Apparently the Boston.com first article posted wrong and the kicker lost ten years of his life and is now 28 lol...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I would of taken Ginn over signing Patten or having Aiken... easily.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I would of taken Ginn over signing Patten or having Aiken... easily.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

a guy that can't catch over Patten? have you forgotten Brady likes Patten

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers : a guy that can't catch over Patten? have you forgotten Brady likes Patten
    Posted by kansaspatriot

have u forgotten patten is going to be 37 and is coming off an injury and sat out last year?

have you also forgotten that patten hasnt done absoulltey squat since he left the pats... and considering the core of recievers around moss, that patten is going to have about much impact on field as betty white did in the snickers commercial

And yes because ginn can take kicks back and give brady some much needed field position, and also it would of relieved welker from punt returns tooo.  Plus Ginn in the slot is pretty nice.  But ofcourse BB didnt do this so everything is saying its not a good move for other teams lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers :      My guess is that Ginn will perform better in SF's style of offense...and where he doesn't have to be the team's #1 WR. Furthermore, the 49ers onlly had to part with the 145th overall pick to get him. Seems like a good gamble to me. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

It's a great gamble.  The problem with Ginn is he's KR / 3rd WR.  He was miscast in Miami because they took him so high. He'd have been great for the Pats had Welker been healthy.  He, Moss, Welker and a decent pick would have been a pretty good set.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Tedd Ginn traded to 49ers : Haha, neither can Aiken!
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL!!! Or Galloway or Watson. Funny how the Pats didn't understand the importance of running routes or catching the ball until they had Galloway and Watson and Brady went NUTS!!! :-) Maybe we can forget 2007 and get it right this year, TRENCHES; TRENCHES; TRENCHES. FOOTBALL IS WON IN THE TRENCHES!!!

Sections
Shortcuts