Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!

Tedy B. speaks the truth about the Pats offseason, and don't give me all that ESPN influence crap, Tedy is saying just what he thinks.

From ESPN:

"Who is going to play outside linebacker for them, especially if Adalius Thomas is no longer a member of this team?" Bruschi asked. "If Wes Welker's rehabilitation takes longer than expected, they need another receiver.

"These are areas that have to be addressed via free agency. They've been very quiet up to this point. Re-signing their players is important, but they need help. They need to get off the fence and start signing some players to be competitive in this AFC East because the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins are getting better with every signing that they make."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!

Tedy was and always be one of the greatest Patriots of all-time but for him to toss around such statements is ludicrous. He, right now, is nothing more than a glorified Patriots fan who happens to work for ESPN --- a company that's more TMZ than sports right about now. Don't tell you about "the influence?" How can I not when there's clearly influence anyway? You don't think they need Tedy to be controversial? You think ESPNBoston.com will get traffic just based on game recaps? Come on.

There's a thing called the draft. We can still pick up a good receiver/linebacker via trade during the draft. Teams make decisions instantly when they see the golden opportunity to get the player they need/want --- but that golden opportunity (otherwise known as the draft pick) is in another team's hands.

We're not that far off, people (and Tedy)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!:
    Tedy was and always be one of the greatest Patriots of all-time but for him to toss around such statements is ludicrous. ...Posted by apdynasty23

Agreed.  Love Tedy as a player, but he has built as many NFL rosters as I have. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

its been one weeeekkkkk u idiots!!!!!!!!!

next taret: Keith Bulluck or however u spell his name.  i just know the guy would be perfect at OLB here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Tedy's now a fan like all of us. Fact.

As Muzwell alluded to, he's built as many rosters as us. Fact.

And I was the author of the post and if you read my comments the past week or so, not once will you see me say the Patriots have choked this off-season. Anywhere I've posted, I've said it's been a stellar offseason so far --- to keep your division-winning team from last year intact and going into the draft with quite a few good picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : Agreed.  Love Tedy as a player, but he has built as many NFL rosters as I have. 
    Posted by Muzwell

Yeah, what does Tedy Bruschi know about football.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

its been one weeeekkkkk u idiots!!!!!!!!! next taret: Keith Bulluck or however u spell his name.  i just know the guy would be perfect at OLB here. 
    Posted by btownteamsrking

And if Bullock does not come to NE, will you still be calling everyone idiots for questioning the Pats offseason moves?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Tedy is spot on isn't he. The Jets are getting stronger and the Pats are treading water.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't see where the Jests have gotten better! What they are bringing in a guy who was run out of San Diego because he is a Father to 6 children from 6 different mothers and he has serious issues. Also he's been a Ghost for 2 years as far as being a DB is concerned. The Jets have lost their Starting FS,Their #1 RB,their top Special Teamer and have replaced these guys with what? Crapmartie..HAHAHA you've got to be kidding me they bettered themselves jokes on the Jets and their fans...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

In Response to Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!:
    Tedy B. speaks the truth about the Pats offseason, and don't give me all that ESPN influence crap, Tedy is saying just what he thinks. From ESPN: "Who is going to play outside linebacker for them, especially if Adalius Thomas is no longer a member of this team?" Bruschi asked. "If Wes Welker 's rehabilitation takes longer than expected, they need another receiver. "These are areas that have to be addressed via free agency. They've been very quiet up to this point. Re-signing their players is important, but they need help. They need to get off the fence and start signing some players to be competitive in this AFC East because the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins are getting better with every signing that they make."
    Posted by BBRULES23

what happened to patience.  Its one week and we looked up our own free agents.  now the 2nd tier free agent market will start and the pats will be active.  don't rule out a trade for a restricted free agent.  also, everybody has A.D ruled out as traded or released.  As of now they have mayo,thomas,banta cain and pick from crable,guyton or mckenzie. 

I'm all for a 1st rd pick for brandon marshall, prefer it to be next years 1st rounder, but this year is fine.

LB and TE will be addressed in the draft and possibly DE.

WR will be a trade or free agent pick up.

I unlike many on this board, extremely pleased so far with what the patriots have done this offseason, to this point.  Won't same the same if some moves aren't made by draft day, but give it time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : And if Bullock does not come to NE, will you still be calling everyone idiots for questioning the Pats offseason moves?
    Posted by BBRULES23

see my thread of impactful available players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Tedy was and always be one of the greatest Patriots of all-time but for him to toss around such statements is ludicrous. He, right now, is nothing more than a glorified Patriots fan who happens to work for ESPN --- a company that's more TMZ than sports right about now. Don't tell you about "the influence?" How can I not when there's clearly influence anyway? You don't think they need Tedy to be controversial? You think ESPNBoston.com will get traffic just based on game recaps? Come on. There's a thing called the draft. We can still pick up a good receiver/linebacker via trade during the draft. Teams make decisions instantly when they see the golden opportunity to get the player they need/want --- but that golden opportunity (otherwise known as the draft pick) is in another team's hands. We're not that far off, people (and Tedy)
    Posted by apdynasty23

You crack me up, so now Bruschi is nothing more than a glorified fan that has no clue what hes talking about. Yeah I guess being there and winning those rings, and lets not forget he was one of the smarter players on the team, yeah with all that he has no clue, but thank gawd you do. How many pro teams have you played on? How many rings are you wearing?
    You my friend are the one person here that is a glorified fan, not Bruschi. You have never played on the Patriots, never been on any pro team and never played or understand as he does his position and what it takes to build a winning team. The ONLY thing Ludicrous here is YOU.
    As for the draft, yeah the Patriots have picked great recievers and running backs the last 5 years havent they? And thank Gawd by your words that when the Patriots do pick them this year they will be able to start and win every game they play. WOW you should be coaching the Patriots, your a genius!Yell NOT!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

Tedy's now a fan like all of us. Fact. As Muzwell alluded to, he's built as many rosters as us. Fact. And I was the author of the post and if you read my comments the past week or so, not once will you see me say the Patriots have choked this off-season. Anywhere I've posted, I've said it's been a stellar offseason so far --- to keep your division-winning team from last year intact and going into the draft with quite a few good picks.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Hey there genius, Yeah the Patriots won the division but they won 3 of those games by the skin of their teeth. Not to mention got there rear ends kicked by oh what was that team again? oh yeah the RAVENS. Now with just signing people they already had (and lost with) they are still in need of players.
    This is what you call a stellar off season? IF the Patriots remain like they are now, a sMR BRUSCHI has said, they will not win this year. But who cares what t Bruschi says right, I mean you know more about football then he ever did. DUDE, just because you beat a group of old ladies in fantasy football, doesnt mean your a pro now okay? So you go back and get yourself a peanut butter and jelly sammich and a cup of milk and go back to your coloring book now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

It would be better if he made some suggestions as to who they should get and why, rather than just stating the obvious.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Put the koolaid aside for a minute and let's try to be a little more rational. ESPN thrives on sensationalism, but to chalk up Tedy Bruschi's comments on our inactivity during this FA period (I'm paraphrasing here) as the musings of a fan is stupid. Currently our two main rivals in the AFC east are the Jets and Miami. Rex Ryan for all his BS, has that team believing they can compete against us and win. And with the signing of Cromartie - a player who's historically done well against us (read Brady), I suspect a greater challenge this year with the early absence of Welker and Reavis defending Moss on the other side. 

This brings me to Miami. If any of you thinks for one minute that Parcells is interested in playing second fiddle to the Patriots or anyone else in the AFC east, you're misguided. They addressed a need at LB with the Dansby signing and if you think back to the job Chad Henne (one year removed from Michigan) did against us last year, there is cause for concern.

Brandon Tate has yet to play a series of downs and we have a number of promising second year players on defense and offense returning, so the jury is still out. 

We're losing veterans!

This is my opinion, and it's not an attack on Moss, but his stating publicly the Patriots don't pay and the relative lack of interest by any notable FA's to even give us a second look, let alone visit is disconcerting.
    I'm very interested in seeing how we address our needs during the draft and the remaining free agency period. This will give me a better idea of what to expect going forward. 
    I don't believe any of us on this board has ever played in the NFL, my opinion is that of a fan and it's frustrating to see how we're operating - Now look at it from Bruschi's point of view - you've practically spent your entire career winning accolades and trophies along the way with the organization your critiquing. It can't be easy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!!:
    Tedy B. speaks the truth about the Pats offseason, and don't give me all that ESPN influence crap, Tedy is saying just what he thinks. From ESPN: "Who is going to play outside linebacker for them, especially if Adalius Thomas is no longer a member of this team?" Bruschi asked. "If Wes Welker 's rehabilitation takes longer than expected, they need another receiver. "These are areas that have to be addressed via free agency. They've been very quiet up to this point. Re-signing their players is important, but they need help. They need to get off the fence and start signing some players to be competitive in this AFC East because the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins are getting better with every signing that they make."
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL!  he sounds as pathetic as some of these posters on here complaining about the free agents that the Pats have not signed.....5 days into FREE AGENCY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : You crack me up, so now Bruschi is nothing more than a glorified fan that has no clue what hes talking about. Yeah I guess being there and winning those rings, and lets not forget he was one of the smarter players on the team, yeah with all that he has no clue, but thank gawd you do. How many pro teams have you played on? How many rings are you wearing? You my friend are the one person here that is a glorified fan, not Bruschi. You have never played on the Patriots, never been on any pro team and never played or understand as he does his position and what it takes to build a winning team. The ONLY thing Ludicrous here is YOU. As for the draft, yeah the Patriots have picked great recievers and running backs the last 5 years havent they? And thank Gawd by your words that when the Patriots do pick them this year they will be able to start and win every game they play. WOW you should be coaching the Patriots, your a genius! NOT!
    Posted by Stompper

I never said I know what I'm talking about and Bruschi doesn't. Yes, he's played on the team and won titles but he's never had a hand in actually building the team. So now to comment on the Patriots not having done enough yet are premature at best. Is he right? Yes, because right now we have the exact same time as last year and obviously, we didn't win the Super Bowl. As far as actually picking up free agents, go ahead and list all the players that could fit within our finances and make an impact on our current team without affecting our locker room. We've made the second most impactful moves this offseason behind the Bears. Maybe we're even ahead of them considering we know what our guys will do for our team based on what they did last year. We can't say that about the Bears' signings yet.

I also never once said the Patriots are going to hit homeruns in the draft. By not going after bigname free agents they've put themselves in a position where they'll have to have a great draft. This draft is deep so they can find impactful players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its funny how teddy played all these years of football,and retired just a year ago,and now knows less then us.get real!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : Hey there genius, Yeah the Patriots won the division but they won 3 of those games by the skin of their teeth. Not to mention got there rear ends kicked by oh what was that team again? oh yeah the RAVENS. Now with just signing people they already had (and lost with) they are still in need of players. This is what you call a stellar off season? IF the Patriots remain like they are now, a sMR BRUSCHI has said, they will not win this year. But who cares what t Bruschi says right, I mean you know more about football then he ever did. DUDE, just because you beat a group of old ladies in fantasy football, doesnt mean your a pro now okay? So you go back and get yourself a peanut butter and jelly sammich and a cup of milk and go back to your coloring book now.
    Posted by Stompper

Uh, we barely won some games and didn't make it to the Super Bowl. New Orleans also lost to Tampa Bay. It kind of works both ways. Colts blew out a lot of teams huh? Where did they end up? Miami was it? We blew out everyone in 2007. How'd that turn out for us?

By no means am I attacking Bruschi the player and Bruschi the guy. He can comment on the offseason so far, fine, that's his job. I was pointing out that his comments have no merit. In the new NFL, it's becoming increasingly hard to keep all of your productive players; in fact, it's impossible given the economics. Yet, we kept our best performers from last year intact and can now STILL sign free agents and we STILL have a good set of picks in the draft. That looks like a good offseason to me.

"DUDE, just because you beat a group of old ladies in fantasy football, doesnt mean your a pro now okay? So you go back and get yourself a peanut butter and jelly sammich and a cup of milk and go back to your coloring book now."

Seriously, get a clue kid. Rule #1 in offering a rebuttal is at least addressing what the other guy says, not rambling on a forum just so you can feel like a big boy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

The blind pats fans need to give up the ship.  Bruschi's critique here is as valid as any. 

That said, he can say whatever he chooses, be correct, and still be wrong.  Why?  Because he's not the one with the checkbook. 

Every day I am a multimillionaire until, that is, I have to reach for my wallet.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It would be better if he made some suggestions as to who they should get and why, rather than just stating the obvious.
    Posted by NEGAME

Spot on.

This right here is exactly where the "Bruschi is just a glorified fan" comment comes from. He didn't really say anything. On this board we've got a wide selection of posters that vary between people who think the Pats should sign every washed-up schlub that gets released and people who think they should stand . . .   ummm . . .  pat (sorry) and a lot of people somewhere in between. It makes for a good mix of reasonably intelligent discourse and marginal retardation (or are we not supposed to say that anymore?), and it's all just lots and lots of fun.

Tedy Bruschi likely does know more about how things work in the NFL than most of us, but holding up a microphone and saying "The Pats should do something" is no proof of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11401/pats-sign-their-own-but-must-look-outside

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

its funny how teddy played all these years of football,and retired just a year ago,and now knows less then us.get real!
    Posted by mosseffect43

Who is to know if he knew less than us before he retired?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The blind pats fans need to give up the ship.  Bruschi's critique here is as valid as any.  That said, he can say whatever he chooses, be correct, and still be wrong.  Why?  Because he's not the one with the checkbook.  Every day I am a multimillionaire until, that is, I have to reach for my wallet.   
    Posted by underdoggg

Funny, because the COlts have been doing less than the Pats this off season.....and what Bruschi can be said about any team in the NFL....it is only 6 days into free agency....All I am saying s for these complainiers (Including Bruschi), is give it up!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi Calls it like it is!!! : Who is to know if he knew less than us before he retired?
    Posted by m1021us
    you need to get real.he is calling it as he see,s it so far.yes its just a week into the free agency.but it is what it is so far.nothing wrong with your opinion,but dont act like yours is the only valid one here.it dosent make you the saint of patriot fans.

Sections
Shortcuts