Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

Sounds like Tedy is on The Bandwagon and I hope he's right.
    I grabbed this Paragraph out of Mike Reis' Blog.

* ESPNBoston.com’s Tedy Bruschi: It’s Monday night, national television, all of America watching. This is a game in which the New England Patriots are going to make a statement. I think the defense is going to come out and play well. Even though they beat the Bills and they’re all saying the right things, I think they know they have something to prove. This is a game when we will finally stop talking about the defense playing poorly and not rising up big games, such as the playoff loss to Baltimore and last year’s Monday night game in New Orleans. I think the Patriots win a three-point game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

Folks have been slamming Bruschi lately saying he's a turncoat. Now, some folks are gonna say he's a homer :)

Glad to hear about his positive comments too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

Me too Bubba. That's actually the reason I posted it. He always gets ripped when he says something negative so I figure he deserves a little credit.

We got game in this defense somewhere they just have to unleash it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think they can play well, but even if they do, I would expect mixed performance for the first3/4 of the season at least...

This defense is crazy young.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night:
    I think they can play well, but even if they do, I would expect mixed performance for the first3/4 of the season at least... This defense is crazy young.
    Posted by zbellino

The Guy that scares me the Most is Fasano. We used to use Harrison on guys like that and I'd like to see them explore that avenue Monday. I don't know if Chung is the right guy for the job because of his size but I'd like to see a shadow on him or somebody laying the wood on him coming off the line just to disrupt the timing. I keep thinking of the Jets game with Keller and guys like Dallas Clarke laying a hurting on us. We haven't been that bad against the run but those 3rd down conversions have been killing us and Fasano seems like the most potent weapon for them in those situations. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

if we win a 3 point game our defense has NOT played well. We have ridiculously good offense. Even a mediocre D would make us two score winners

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night:
    if we win a 3 point game our defense has NOT played well. We have ridiculously good offense. Even a mediocre D would make us two score winners
    Posted by justme2

So Bruschi is actually taking a backhanded cheapshot at us that Bum!Wink
    I got the feeling he thinks this is going to be 20-17 or 17-14 game.

That wouldn't be too bad for the defense.
    The Pats are about a 1.5 point favorite right now so at least he has them covering the spread. I'll be pretty happy with a win of any sort.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : So Bruschi is actually taking a backhanded cheapshot at us that Bum! I got the feeling he thinks this is going to be 20-17 or 17-14 game. That wouldn't be too bad for the defense. The Pats are about a 1.5 point favorite right now so at least he has them covering the spread. I'll be pretty happy with a win of any sort.
    Posted by ewhite1065

How could the Pats be favored this game? I want to believe as much as anyone else that they can beat good teams but this is Miami in Miami. If they win its because they get some turnovers and make TDs out of them or else they lose IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm one of those meatheads that thought Bruschi was being overly negative.  I still think that was the case.  So what gives?  Maybe, just maybe, he realized that himself.  Maybe, just maybe, Reiss has provided some media tips to Bruschi in the same manner that Bruschi has been helping Reiss on the football side.  What this tells me is that Bruschi is a quick learner.  He decided not to turn into a Gasper with football smarts.  Good for him.  I'm sure he won't be a total homer.  I'll appreciate it if he strikes a good balance as does Reiss...except with a little more bluntness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : How could the Pats be favored this game? I want to believe as much as anyone else that they can beat good teams but this is Miami in Miami. If they win its because they get some turnovers and make TDs out of them or else they lose IMO.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

I'm inclined to agree. I took the Pats in my pool because I do every week but in all honesty we don't play well down there and before they made the line I expected the Pats to be 3 point underdogs. The line has actually moved in the Pats direction .5 so people are putting their money on them.I think We need to be mistake free on offense especially in the area of drive killing penalties which seem to be a plague on this team. Unfortunately Brady isn't usually perfect when he plays there. That's why Tedy is my man. He's more positive than I am.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm one of those meatheads that thought Bruschi was being overly negative.  I still think that was the case.  So what gives?  Maybe, just maybe, he realized that himself.  Maybe, just maybe, Reiss has provided some media tips to Bruschi in the same manner that Bruschi has been helping Reiss on the football side.  What this tells me is that Bruschi is a quick learner.  He decided not to turn into a Gasper with football smarts.  Good for him.  I'm sure he won't be a total homer.  I'll appreciate it if he strikes a good balance as does Reiss...except with a little more bluntness.
    Posted by carawaydj

I bet he hates the Dolphins more than we do too. I'll be pretty happy Tuesday if I can say he was right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Lets hope he is right, they have not done anything to make me think he is right but i hope he is.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

He Better be right. I don't have to work Tuesday so I'm planning on Tanking quite a few as a Combo Birthday/Pats party Monday Night. Hangovers aren't nearly as bad when the Pats win.

Walter: Sure you'll see some tank battles. But fighting in the desert is very different from fighting in canopy jungle.
    Dude: Uh-huh.
    Walter: I mean 'Nam was a foot soldier's war whereas, uh, this thing should be a f@#king cakewalk. I mean I had an M16, Jacko, not an Abrams f@#king tank. Just me and Charlie, man, eyeball to eyeball.

Killa- I found a website that generates a new Lebowski quote everytime you click a button. What a great country.
    http://thugbot.net/lebowski/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Their play the last two weeks makes me wonder where that team is that played Cinci hard for one half.

If they can stop the run I like the Pats' chances. Who here though thinks this team can stop Miami from making seven minute 15 play drives on the ground? As always I'm a fan first skeptic/critic second.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting comments from Bruschi.  I've also been scratching my head over the Pats being favored and have been since the line first came out.  We'll see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Of course he's confident.  This is the Pats.  Against the Phins.  No contest.  Pats win 42-9.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Tedy always struck me as guy who wasn't afraid to say what was on his mind. There is a chance that ESPN hires guys like Tedy Bruschi because he actually thinks for himself and can offer some first hand knowledge of the game, and not because they want a bunch of puppets who all say the same shite. I realize that is contrary to the popular opinion of this board but I seem to enjoy going against the grain lately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

The Patriots win by 3 points? No Way! If this is a close game the Dolphins will win it, This has to be a big game for the Patriot offense, they need to blow out the Dolphins immediately and non stop. Run that score up as high as you can get it so you dont have to worry abou tthe defense.
    Mr Brady needs to light up the Monday night sky like it's Christmas. He has the weapons, so lets just see if he can do it! Please play Woodhead, this kid will run hard and score 2 times at least!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

What we will say on Tuesday morning if he's wrong?  I can imagine.

I hope he's right but.....  They have to play the game don't they?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Of course he's confident.  This is the Pats.  Against the Phins.  No contest.  Pats win 42-9.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

lolzzzzz

Whats the pats overall record in miami? is it above .300 winning percentage yet?

and after looking it up...the answer is still a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!

Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Killa, No I am not a fan of ESPN at all. I too think they are the global leaders in unsubstantiated BS, the point I was trying to make is that maybe they hire a high character guy like Tedy in attempt to shred that image. I think other then Tedy only Chris Berman is a guy I respect that works for them . Boomer was very careful to separate himself from his partner Tom Jackson's infamous "BB has lost this team" rant. ESPN's company line is "sources close to the situation" for some reason they get away with never having to produce a credible source for any of the junk they come up with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

All this is is Bruschi's opinion.  It means nothing.  The game will be won or lost on the field. regardless of what any and all say.  All predictions are opinions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

All this is is Bruschi's opinion.  It means nothing.  The game will be won or lost on the field. regardless of what any and all say.  All predictions are opinions.
    Posted by boomerst3

What's the point of posting if you're not going to have an opinion or discuss an opinion?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The defense wasn't as bad as it was in the first half, by the second half they came together. They played like what I expect this New England team to look like. The defense gets off the field as fast as they can and they offenese stalls and carries them. They'll get better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by themightypatriotz

If only we could place bets in this forum. 25k all day. most ridiculous post so far.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

True Champ I have never disagreed with you more. I am a little disappointed in you that you are a fan of ESPN. That place is a tabloid and if you think they do anything but hire puppets you are mistaken. Bruschi im sure does not say anything that he was not told he could say. Bruschi is the only person who gets a buy for working for that crap network everyone else is a hack and they are ALL puppets including Bruschi.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I see you're already pis sed off about Monday's game.

Sections
Shortcuts