Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night:
    In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : lolzzzzz Whats the pats overall record in miami? is it above .300 winning percentage yet? and after looking it up...the answer is still a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

actually, according to the patriots website the pats are 39-50 against the dolphins all time. which is well above .300

on another note, did you know the pats and dolphins have played 14 times in primetime (sunday night, monday, thursday), and that 13 of those games have been in miami!
    crazy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night:
    The Patriots win by 3 points? No Way! If this is a close game the Dolphins will win it, This has to be a big game for the Patriot offense, they need to blow out the Dolphins immediately and non stop. Run that score up as high as you can get it so you dont have to worry abou tthe defense. Mr Brady needs to light up the Monday night sky like it's Christmas. He has the weapons, so lets just see if he can do it! Please play Woodhead, this kid will run hard and score 2 times at least!
    Posted by JerrySpringer

A brain scarecrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : lolzzzzz Whats the pats overall record in miami? is it above .300 winning percentage yet? and after looking it up...the answer is still a resounding NO!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Pats record in Miami is 11 and 33. You are very welcome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I think this will be a close game but I do think that the Pats will win it by at least two scores.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Are those 2 safeties?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : actually, according to the patriots website the pats are 39-50 against the dolphins all time. which is well above .300 on another note, did you know the pats and dolphins have played 14 times in primetime (sunday night, monday, thursday), and that 13  of those games have been in miami! crazy
    Posted by flutie66

right but i was pointing out their record in miami...and they are 10-32 in miami...which is a .240 winning percentage

as for all those primetime games...well at night...would you rather be in miami or foxboro?...i think thats an easy answer even for the most diehard of a pats fan

and killa? 2 scores? get some good stuff this week eh? eh? Tongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If those stats are right, that is an incredibly lopsided series based on who is playing at home.  

I would have to think that seasonal/weather factors in here dramatically, i.e., playing in the Miami summer or New England winter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Yeah you better enjoy your past victories because from now on victory for the Fins is about to become just that ... a memory!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I go to every Pats game down here in and the worst one was the Monday Nighter when Brady threw the 4 picks. We drove into the stadium with 6 Patriot flags and the windows rolled down screaming "The Champs are here The Champs are here" We left quietly with the windows rolled up. This will not be like that year.

We will take our 2-7 road record over the last 19 games and throw it out the window. We will commit to a balanced attack on offense and kill the Fins with Play Action. Welker will catch 10 balls for 120 and a score,and Woodhead will have 2 tds out of the "Kevin Faulk" draw play. BJGE goes for 90 yards on 16 carries. Once teams realize we have enough beef upfront to power run the ball they will be defenseless against PA and Brady will surgically destroy them. Patrick Chung will blow up Henne on the "Rodney Harrison" safety blitz Our SB run starts Monday Night! Patriots 34 Fins 20.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Miami has a considerable home field advantage in the afternoon with the sun beating down on the field.  That special heat advantage fades after sunset.

As for the defense, right now BB is mixing and matching all sorts of parts into sub-packages.  One way to prevent fourth quarter dropoff is to limit the number of plays run with any one (slightly out of shape) player in the first three quarters.  Tully Banta-Cain is only in on pass rush situations now because he needs to be fresh.  For the next two games, it helps that the defense has extra time between games to practice.  With Miami it's an issue that they play two key games in a row.  Will they still be up as high for the second game?

Rookie Cunningham is catching up fast.  He's a starter now.  He gives the team a desperately needed blitz threat.  He knocked down Buffalo's Fitzpatrick once, and had another pressure, and a defensive stop.  Also, he was good at run defense in the Miami game.  Look for him to get more plays.  I think the nonexistent "defensive coordinator", that masked man, is on a learning curve.

Kyle Arrington played the whole Buffalo game because he seems to have gotten better.  Maybe he and the entire defense will be a bit better this week too.

Teams don't always stay in a state of constant flux.  They settle down, they learn the ropes and they start to play instinctively.  In this respect, perhaps the D will play better. 

I don't believe that national media attention on Monday night has anything to do with the Patriots playing better.

By my numbers, Pats by 2.1 points.  The betting public now likes New England by 1 point.  Your fingernails are too long anyways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

On the road against Miami,  Pats by 3?  Don't I wish.  Believe me, I'm talking it up big time to a couple of buddies who are Dolphin fanatics.  But I like to keep it fun and interesting so I'm saying the Patriots are going to come out on Monday night and give the Phins a beat down. 

Deep down I know that I will be eating crow for a long time after this one. This is killing me but IMO Dolphins 34 Patriots 24.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Simple,

We should have beaten the Jest, but did not. Miami has not played that well all year but looked good against the Jets. (Back to we should have beaten the jets)

We can beat Miami..just have to get our defensive act together (An the offense can not pull a great 1st half and then die (as in the Jets)

could be 3 points either way, but we should win

Gotta be all over B Marshall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just hope the heat/humidity will not play into this game, I know it's a night game, but damn it still gets so hot down there. I'm not all that worried that we won't be able to stop their tight ends, because Guyton was ok at that last year. Marshall is a nightmare match up for anyone and our lack of pass rush will make the secondary play near perfect, which won't happen. Hopefully they won't be gased and get pushed aroung in the second half, making them balanced and eating up the clock. Should be a close one, I'll take Brady and a pretty good offense 24 to 21 Patriots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : So Bruschi is actually taking a backhanded cheapshot at us that Bum! I got the feeling he thinks this is going to be 20-17 or 17-14 game. That wouldn't be too bad for the defense. The Pats are about a 1.5 point favorite right now so at least he has them covering the spread. I'll be pretty happy with a win of any sort.
    Posted by ewhite1065

i look at a 17-14 or 20-17 win as a step in the positive direction. that would imply that they win a grinder that the d wins for them. as a i said in a previous post, they need to win a couple of grinders, to build resilience and confidence that they will need the rest of the season and in the playoffs. 

that said, this young d will show inconsistency in the first 8-10 games.

i am not too worried if the offense does not score much. that might mean the passing game faltered a bit, so they look at the running game more seriously.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi is confident the Pats "D" will make a Positive Statement Monday Night : right but i was pointing out their record in miami...and they are 10-32 in miami...which is a .240 winning percentage as for all those primetime games...well at night...would you rather be in miami or foxboro?...i think thats an easy answer even for the most diehard of a pats fan and killa? 2 scores? get some good stuff this week eh? eh?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

What's the Phins' record in the playoffs in cold-weather cities?

Kinda makes your point moot. How would Miami have done against the Pats in NE if those 13 games had been played there?  Do you see where your logic is screwy?

Warm or cold weather, Ricky Williams likes to fumble in either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

With the problems the Dolphins are having in the secondary and these "confident" Patriots that Mike Reiss now has even been saying that their is a certain aura around the locker room right now.

We will just have to wait and see on Monday now wont we?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

The matchup I can't wait to see is McCourty vs. Marshall. I want to see if McCourty can hold his own. Our Run D needs to bring its A game.

I am not as confident as the others, saying we win by two scores. But I don't see our offense putting up any less then 24. 27-20, Pats win but it will be a nail bitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'll say what I usually say when we play Miami, it will be a tough game either way.  It really doesn't matter how good or bad each team is, they usually have tough games.  That's what's humorous about analyzing the strengths and weaknesses for these two teams; as if that has been a factor much in our meetings.  Miami could have a 3-win season and one of the winds would come against us.

This is actually my favorite division rivalry.  The Pats-Jets is just the flavor of the month.

Sections
Shortcuts