Tedy Bruschi: Once A Great Player, Now A Negative Nancy.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi: Once A Great Player, Now A Negative Nancy.

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: Once A Great Player, Now A Negative Nancy.:
    " ... Anyway DJ I'm just trying to figure out what stance you are taking about this particular topic.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Hmmm... I guess I might have been ambiguous.  This is my stance:

1. I too hate people who only say negative things.  I dislike how they can't see a single positive move or decision or play by the Pats.  I suspect they are the same way at work, home, etc.  I especially hate it when these people can't back up what they say.

2. I also dislike it when someone points out only the negative, even if they can back it up with facts, when there are also a lot of good things that can be said.  For example, in just about every game you have things that went well, and things that went bad.  If I were to come on and post after every game only about the things that went bad, what would you think?  Even if my observations were correct, wouldn't you think I'm negative if I only ever mentioned what went wrong?

3. I believe Bruschi was correct in his analysis.  However, as I said in one of my earlier posts on this thread, there was a ton of good that we observed this preseason too.  I cite several examples.  Bruschi only talked about anything positive after being prompted by Reiss.  Well, he did praise the coaches unsolicited.  Bruschi is still my hero.  That said, this particular fan likes to hear both the good and the bad.  Bruschi sees the glass as half empty.  That is probably why he was a great player.  That will not make him great as a guy in the media.  Don't we like to hear both sides?  I don't want him to become Gasper with football smarts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Tedy didn't say anything we aren't all talking about, on here, already. He was making valid observations IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

I think we are all going to give the defense a chance to come together and play well. That being said, I can't imagine how anyone could say they are not very worried about that side of the ball for the Pats. Based on what we know, it appears the Pats will have a tough time putting pressure on the passer and also have a tough time defending against the pass downfield. It will be very interesting to see how the likes of Manning will do against this D. I feel 10-6 is realistic based on what we know so far. This team should score a lot of points and do ok on D against the lesser passers.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Objectivity and Homerism don't go hand in hand. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Look I'm a fan but I'm not stupid.  Seems to me that he hit all the right notes about the defense, its suspect.  I wish them well and I hope they develop quickly but........  I also thought his perspective on what teams should be acheiving during the pre-season was pretty much spot on. 

You may have loved him as a player but that's not his role now, he makes his money doing football analysis and it seems tome he's pretty good at it.  Analysis is not playing line backer for the PATS.  Harrison has the same kind of role now.  They're not players, get used to it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Tedy the analyst focuses only on the negative.  Miami and NY have as many or more question marks.

And when Brady isn't hitting just Moss and Welker, Tedy will see the open target is what makes Brady great as opposed to just good.

Glad I could help Tedy explain why his own offenses that he watched sustain methodical drives, were so balanced and effective during the 3 SBs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: Once A Great Player, Now A Negative Nancy.:
    In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: Once A Great Player, Now A Negative Nancy. : yeah, Bill Parcells........ real instiller of character.  NO.  HIS type of character left with him to the JETS. Curtis Martin.  A me first, me second kind of guy.  No thanks.  Good riddance to Parcells.   As far as Tedy goes, I thought he was giving his real opinion.  He knows about playing defensive line, he did it in college.  He sure knows about playing linebacker.  I did think his comments about Gronkowski were a bit negative, all players can blow an assignment now and then.  Other than that, you can't question it, but I think it will work out fine for the team with what we have.
    Posted by Davedsone

Ahhh, Dave?  You may not like Parcells but he is without a doubt one of the most sucessful coaches and team builders the NFL has ever seen. Not to mention very good with talent, both players and coaches under him have done very well. Now you dont have to like him but you have to respect what he has done

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Parcells have never built a winner as GM.  Bobby Grier built what he took to NY in 1997.

He had half say with Dallas and then quit.

Now, he has quit, predictably, again.

Still, he has never been a GM who has built a winner. He's been relying on his acievements as coach with Belichick calling his defense.

Great coach, average, at best, GM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't want to speak for the OP, but I think a lot of the posters have missed the point.  It's not that Bruschi wasn't correct in his analysis.  It's pretty much a given that he knows more about football, and especially the Pats, than any of us here.  The point is that he only brings up the negative points voluntarily.  And it's not like this was his first interview like that.  Remember his "Pay Mankins" conclusion a while back?

There are at least a half-dozen things we saw in the preseason that were good too.  Some of them are substantial.  As NoPinkHat says, it's not like there are not question marks elsewhere in the division.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts