Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

In a recent interview Bruschi stated that Running back is one of the Patriots needs, has anyone heard this interview?  I don't see it but it makes me wonder if Tedy has some inside info on this or if this is just his opinion. 

BB likes bigger backs, he really wanted TD tommy to work out back in Cleveland.  Could BB surprise us with a Eddie Lacy pick?  Afterall, he does likes Nick Saban Alabama players. I would be all for this!!  But I really don't see a RB taken by the Pats unless it's later in the draft. But then again, I didn't think he would move up and take Jones and Hightower.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

we have ridley, vareen, bolden, washington, and demps. Maybe we will pick up another UDFA or 2 for camp competition to push demps and bolden. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

also fiamatta is back at FB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well I hope they would go after someone good and not this...

Sources: Patriots at LSU today to work out Spencer Ware, Michael Ford, Russell Shepard
    by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, April 8, 2013 at 11:42 am ET

Bill Belichick Profile

The New England Patriots have sent running backs coach Ivan Fears to LSU today to audition running backs Spencer Ware and Michael Ford as well as wide receiver Russell Shepard, according to sources close to the athletic department.

Ware is a junior entry, a 5-foot-10, 228-pounder coming off a left hamstring injury.

At his campus Pro Day workout, he bench pressed 225 pounds 17 times and had a 35 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 9-11 broad jump, a 4.27 20-yard shuttle and a 7.28 three-cone drill.

Ware led the Tigers in rushing in 2011, but had 91 carries for 358 yards last season.

As a sophomore, he rushed for 707 yards and seven touchdowns and was a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection.

Ford is a speedy 5-10, 210-pounder who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.42 seconds at the NFL scouting combine and bench pressed 225 pounds 25 times with a 38 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 10-10 broad jump and a 4.25 20-yard shuttle with a 6.87 three-cone drill.

He rushed for 2,953 yards and 29 touchdowns as a high school senior in Louisiana.

At LSU, he rushed for 235 yards and three touchdowns in 2010 with 756 yards and seven touchdowns in 2011 and 392 yards and three touchdowns last season.

Shepard is a 6-1, 196-pounder who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.46 seconds with a 38 1/2 inch vertical leap and a 10-2 broad jump.

He also worked out at defensive back.

Shepard declared early for the draft after catching just 14 passes for 190 yards and four touchdowns as a junior.

Shepard was suspended early in the season.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

LOL!

Tedy continuing to make excuses for Tommy Boy. Oh my. Most RBs aren't effective being pulled off the field so much because Tommy wants to run more shotgun.

Make it stop.

Remove Bruschi. Ugh.

Here's a hint, burger boy:

Tedy doesn't have to make excuses for any one, especially TB and more especially to the likes of you.

Where were those RB's in the Afc game.  Oh, yeah, concussed and fumbling and failing to punch in one yard in the ez.  Whose fault was that again? 

Tom must have been elated when Riddler went down,,,,,More shotgun, yeah!!!!

Delusional dope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I'm not crazy about either one of those backs from LSU. If they really feel they need a big back I would want them to get a star, not a guy to back up Ridley and Boldin, that would be a waste of a pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I wish we had an offense that could pound the ball and run it down teams throats, even when they knew it was coming. Like Denver in 98 with Terrell Davis. Too much passing doesn't work in the long run, interceptions, dropped passes, kill a drive without using any clock. That's just how I feel about it, I know a lot of you don't feel that way and I respect your opinion, just don't agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

BB gave up on "bigger backs" when he went with running back by committee....and dropped the importance of the FB role down towards the bottom of his priority list.

I've mentioned numerous times that a FB isn't a bad idea when it comes to blocking for another RB or when in short yardage situations.  However, BB used other types of players to fill those kinds of roles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bruschi after the interview did mention Fiametta specifically. One thingTBru does not tolerate is putting the ball on the ground. He is looking at you S Ridley. TBru wants to see the Pats with a 4th qtr lead run a 12-15 play drive 3 yards at a time, taking 9 minutes off the clock. That's simply TBru football. 

TBru is not sure what thePats have in Bolden off PED's

In spite of Rustys hatred towards TBru and in spite of TBru having no clue what a Rusty is, they do have common ground on the Pats pounding the ball. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In a recent interview Bruschi stated that Running back is one of the Patriots needs, has anyone heard this interview?  I don't see it but it makes me wonder if Tedy has some inside info on this or if this is just his opinion. 

BB likes bigger backs, he really wanted TD tommy to work out back in Cleveland.  Could BB surprise us with a Eddie Lacy pick?  Afterall, he does likes Nick Saban Alabama players. I would be all for this!!  But I really don't see a RB taken by the Pats unless it's later in the draft. But then again, I didn't think he would move up and take Jones and Hightower.

I suppose it's possible that BB could be considering a RB at pick #29. He'll likely have his pick of the RBs at that point. BB is big on getting value for his picks. He may see Eddie Lacey of Alabama as a beast of a power back. Much depends on how he views Brandon Boldin and Stevan Ridley. Of course, there's so much misinformation being floated about at this time of year. Lots of head fakes, hoping to make another team take a player earlier than perhaps they wanted to...or to trade up to #29 with the Patriots. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I suppose it's possible that BB could be considering a RB at pick #29. He'll likely have his pick of the RBs at that point. BB is big on getting value for his picks. He may see Eddie Lacey of Alabama as a beast of a power back. Much depends on how he views Brandon Boldin and Stevan Ridley. Of course, there's so much misinformation being floated about at this time of year. Lots of head fakes, hoping to make another team take a player earlier than perhaps they wanted to...or to trade up to #29 with the Patriots. 

No way they invest a draft choice for a big back option. They will go the free agent route, veteren or undrafted, look again at Fiametta, see what they have in Bolden. Lacy is not an NFL power backin the FB mode. 

This is also where the BB likes Tebow conversation pops up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I suspect they Pats are looking for possible UDRFA types to bring into camp for competition.  Boldin may be vulnerable this year, given his disappearance after the PED issue. 

I don't see running back as a huge need--I like Ridley and Vereen.  And you have decent back-up and specialty players in Boldin, Washington, Fiametta, and maybe even Demps. But I can also see two areas where the Pats might want to improve:

• Ridley hasn't been very effective catching the ball--I could see Belichick being interested in getting someone who runs as well as Ridley but catches better.  Boldin actually seemed to me to be a bit better as a receiver than Ridley, but that was in limited action. 
    • Big back--Belichick probably wouldn't mind having a guy who could provide fullback-like skills, particularly if he also was a decent receiver.  Don't think this would be a high priority though. This has been a one-back, two TE offense with heavy use of spread formations--and unless the offense changes, I don't see fullbacks being used all that often.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I suspect they Pats are looking for possible UDRFA types to bring into camp for competition.  Boldin may be vulnerable this year, given his disappearance after the PED issue. 

I don't see running back as a huge need--I like Ridley and Vereen.  And you have decent back-up and specialty players in Boldin, Washington, Fiametta, and maybe even Demps. But I can also see two areas where the Pats might want to improve:

• Ridley hasn't been very effective catching the ball--I could see Belichick being interested in getting someone who runs as well as Ridley but catches better.  Boldin actually seemed to me to be a bit better as a receiver than Ridley, but that was in limited action. 
    • Big back--Belichick probably wouldn't mind having a guy who could provide fullback-like skills, particularly if he also was a decent receiver.  Don't think this would be a high priority though. This has been a one-back, two TE offense with heavy use of spread formations--and unless the offense changes, I don't see fullbacks being used all that often.  

I agree. And if you look at all the backs they've been looking at they are day 3 -> UDFA type of RB's. One interesting name to note is Lattimore. Someone with kness injures that if he didn't have could have sneaked into the 1st discussion and would have pushed Lacey for the #1 overall RB in the draft. The Pats love those types of value players late to store on IR or PuP

jjdbrasil provided the list below of players the Pats have had interest, in the draft thread, but looking at these names known really stick out as anything more then later round picks except for Davis. Btw Rouse is a slow midget, 5'5" 4.55 40. I bet his legs look like speedy trying to run but gets no where fast:

Running Backs
    Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook (PW)
    Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas (PW)
    Derrick Washington, RB, Tuskegee (PW)
    Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (PW)
    Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina (OV, CI)
    Robbie Rouse, RB, Fresno State (U)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

LOL!

Tedy continuing to make excuses for Tommy Boy. Oh my. Most RBs aren't effective being pulled off the field so much because Tommy wants to run more shotgun.

Make it stop.

Remove Bruschi. Ugh.

Here's a hint, burger boy:

Tedy doesn't have to make excuses for any one, especially TB and more especially to the likes of you.

Where were those RB's in the Afc game.  Oh, yeah, concussed and fumbling and failing to punch in one yard in the ez.  Whose fault was that again? 

Tom must have been elated when Riddler went down,,,,,More shotgun, yeah!!!!

Delusional dope.

That about sums up the running game since Dillon left.  No one that can get the hard yard, on their own, when it's absolutly needed.  

Or in Rusty's case....an excuse to rip the greatest QB to ever play the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats have a need at RB like they have a need at OT; 0! 

And to the guys knocking Ridley for the fumble in the AFCCG, show some class, will you? He got knocked out cold! He didn't get the ball knocked out of his hands, he just wasn't conscience enough to have a hold on the ball. 

Bruschi is wrong. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

makes alot of sense to me. our best back can't hold on to the ball and gets knocked out by safeties.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If Lattimore is there late (5th round or later), he is worth a chance.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

And to the guys knocking Ridley for the fumble in the AFCCG, show some class, will you? He got knocked out cold! He didn't get the ball knocked out of his hands, he just wasn't conscience enough to have a hold on the ball. 

Bruschi is wrong. 

depends how you think of need. Personally I'm not confident that Boldin makes the team considering his play drop after the PED suspension and that BB just didn't use him after that. I'm also not a big Washington as a RB person. That leaves us a bit thin at RB if Boldin doesn't make the team. It means we do have some need in the backup RB position which would explain why they are looking at day 3 type of kids

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Bruschi is wrong. 

No one is busting in Riddler for being concussed but the fact remains, he often fails when needed.  Can't even think of one game changing, clutch play he's made.

Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

IMO he's a talented guy but maybe is benefiting from the pass game more than not.

When the pass game is shut down, so is he.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

Some people here, (if the shoe fits) feel every discussion of need is a Brady apologist or BB basher.  Maybe, just maybe, someone with inner knowledge of the team and has played at a professional level for years, is right. 

Maybe burger boys should just stick to super sizing that order.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Bruschi after the interview did mention Fiametta specifically. One thingTBru does not tolerate is putting the ball on the ground. He is looking at you S Ridley. TBru wants to see the Pats with a 4th qtr lead run a 12-15 play drive 3 yards at a time, taking 9 minutes off the clock. That's simply TBru football. 

In spite of Rustys hatred towards TBru and in spite of TBru having no clue what a Rusty is, they do have common ground on the Pats pounding the ball. 

"off PEDs"?  Adderall or any upper similar to that (Ritalin) is not a PED.  Bolden's style or work as a rookie has nothing to do with Adderall.

^^Dumber than a bag of rocks.

Did Rodney Harrison's play look different when he stopped using HGH in 2007?

No.

The NFL and every sporting authority in the world says it's a PED.

They must all be dumber than a bag of rocks and you're not.

I guess he was just suspended and benched for the rest of the season for no reason.

Is BB giving in to the media scrutiny?

Maybe RG's dastardly plan to destroy every team not from NY?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

"off PEDs"?  Adderall or any upper similar to that (Ritalin) is not a PED.  Bolden's style or work as a rookie has nothing to do with Adderall.

^^Dumber than a bag of rocks.

Did Rodney Harrison's play look different when he stopped using HGH in 2007?

No.

The NFL and every sporting authority in the world says it's a PED.

They must all be dumber than a bag of rocks and you're not.

I guess he was just suspended and benched for the rest of the season for no reason.

Is BB giving in to the media scrutiny?

Maybe RG's dastardly plan to destroy every team not from NY?

Any rookie that gets hurt or in that case suspended, loses time, etc, loses their progression. Spikes, 2010, same thing.

It's also likely a form of BB punishing the player internally. I am responding to the STUPIDITy of the premise that Bolden looked good with his skills based on Adderrall.

I am sure you and RKrap, the liar exposed badly here by me many times, who you enjoy aligning with, think Bolden isn't any good.  That's typical. Stupid comments backed by stupid reasons.

Did Richard Sherman's play drop once he came back from his suspension? No. Adderall has no proven physical advantage for an athlete.   Many medications like that dodn't have the same effect on every human either. One medication might work like it's supposed to and anotherm ight work better on another human. These aren't steroids, Corky.

HGH is clearly a proven PED, although not really anywhere near the level of anabolic steroids, but the NFL doesn't call it a PED. 

Wake me when they call that a PED because very player in the NFL uses it in conjunction with their training regimen.

It's a dumb premise to say "he took Adderall and we don't know what kind of a player that person is off it".

VERY dumb. It proves the person (RKrap) who said it is not inteligent.

The exposed liar is you and more times that I can count.

PED! Period.

Take it up with the FEDs or who ever you like but please stop spewing nonsense on this board.  

Paranoid schizophrenic!

Sections
Shortcuts