Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi says one of Patriots needs is Running Back???

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The NFL’s steroid policy also includes hormones, estrogen blockers, diuretics, and stimulants such as amphetamines (as well as over-the-counter cold medicines containing ephedrine and pseudoephedrine)."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2013/02/22/nfl-tired-adderall-excuse-from-suspended-players/yYsG9InHWs7AGpy8wUje0N/story.html

So, that right there makes the public think that the NFL considers those items as "steroids". Anabolic steroids are not remotely near any one of those other drugs.

Now, if those other cough medicines can be used as masking agents, then that's fine, but they aren't steroids.

I also want to know why a positive test for Adderall is framed as "PED policy" why a different amphetamine like Matt Jones and his bag of coke is considered as part of the "substance abuse policy".

[/QUOTE

but, it's clear that the media did not correctly interpret or portray actual NFL policy.  So, since the NFL clearly defines banned subtances in appropriate categories, you can't say it's the NFL's position. How is it the NFL's fault if the media got it wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And that's fine. We disagree. Some doctors agree with you, some with me and me with them, etc.

The point is, it's hypocritical of the NFL to claim it's a PED, when it isn't factually considered one across the medical community.  

The NFL doesn't use the term "PED." They simply list it as a "prohibited substance."  As I said, as far as amphetimines being considered performance enhancing, most medical researchers agree it does have performance enhancing effects.  Mayo clinic lists amphetimines under performance enhancing drugs.   I don't really understand why you're trying to argue that amphetimines aren't performance enhancing.  Do you think the NFL should allow them?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/performance-enhancing-drugs/HQ01105/NSECTIONGROUP=2

I've posted many primary sources of people who are literally on the atni doping board who have said this to back my premise. I don't know how much more is needed. 

All it takes is one medical expert to say "yes it is", and they put it on the list. It's to cover their butts more than anything which is why Sudafed ends up on there.  But, to pretend smoking crystal meth or taking Adderall is the same as a true PED like steroids or even HGH, is ridiculous.

It's so they cover their butt as a multi billion dollar institution.

No it isn't.  It's banned because there's enough evidence to sugggest it could enhance performance in a significant way.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"The NFL’s steroid policy also includes hormones, estrogen blockers, diuretics, and stimulants such as amphetamines (as well as over-the-counter cold medicines containing ephedrine and pseudoephedrine)."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2013/02/22/nfl-tired-adderall-excuse-from-suspended-players/yYsG9InHWs7AGpy8wUje0N/story.html

So, that right there makes the public think that the NFL considers those items as "steroids". Anabolic steroids are not remotely near any one of those other drugs.

Now, if those other cough medicines can be used as masking agents, then that's fine, but they aren't steroids.

I also want to know why a positive test for Adderall is framed as "PED policy" why a different amphetamine like Matt Jones and his bag of coke is considered as part of the "substance abuse policy".

that's a reach. Read it a couple of times. The reporter coined it "NFL Steroid Policy", but nowhere in the article does it use quotes using that term from an NFL representative.  If the reporter used the term Substance Abuse Policy, would it make a difference?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

And that's fine. We disagree. Some doctors agree with you, some with me and me with them, etc.

The point is, it's hypocritical of the NFL to claim it's a PED, when it isn't factually considered one across the medical community.  

The NFL doesn't use the term "PED." They simply list it as a "prohibited substance."  As I said, as far as amphetimines being considered performance enhancing, most medical researchers agree it does have performance enhancing effects.  Mayo clinic lists amphetimines under performance enhancing drugs.   I don't really understand why you're trying to argue that amphetimines aren't performance enhancing.  Do you think the NFL should allow them?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/performance-enhancing-drugs/HQ01105/NSECTIONGROUP=2

I've posted many primary sources of people who are literally on the atni doping board who have said this to back my premise. I don't know how much more is needed. 

All it takes is one medical expert to say "yes it is", and they put it on the list. It's to cover their butts more than anything which is why Sudafed ends up on there.  But, to pretend smoking crystal meth or taking Adderall is the same as a true PED like steroids or even HGH, is ridiculous.

No it isn't.  It's banned because there's enough evidence to sugggest it could enhance performance in a significant way.  

Disagree. It's to cover their butts from a legal standpoint, otherwise HGH would be banned.

HGH is banned.  See the list I posted earlier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Since we're on the topic, here's the list used in international competition (Olympics, etc.).  Amphetimines are banned here too.  

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WADP-Prohibited-list/2013/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013-EN.pdf

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Disagree. It's to cover their butts from a legal standpoint, otherwise HGH would be banned.

Do they test for it?  No.  They can ban froot loops for all I care. Like I said, they list that to cover their butt with the feds.

The only reason they don't test for it is that the NFL and NFLPA haven't yet been able to agree on the appropriate test (though they have both agreed in principle to test for it).  Because HGH is naturally occurring (and occurs in variable amounts naturally in different people) it's harder to determine what's an unnatural amount.  That makes any test for HGH a bit less definitive than tests for non-naturally occurring substances. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Is Rusty still trying to spin the PED discussion his way so he doesn't look like a complete tool?  Too late for that, lol!!  He is so far off base here that it's beyond funny, it's now to the point of just being plain sad!! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Says the 50 yeard old bandwagon fan from SF who had a meltdown when Welker walked for more money in Denver. lol

So says everyone on this thread and many, many others.

You are the biggest joke BDC or maybe the world has ever know.

You are void reason, logic and scruples.

I honestly think you should be institutionalized, if not already.

You say you work in the medical field????   Bwahahaha

Do they let you sweep the floors at the MHR?  Is that your job?

I think you just lost the remaining few of your fan club today.

It's post like these that make people say, " I respected this fool"?     Oh my!

Probably time you delete this handle too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Says the 50 yeard old bandwagon fan from SF who had a meltdown when Welker walked for more money in Denver. lol

Every single statement you make about what a Ped is and isn't is so wrong.  You are a joke!  You use such lame statements such as this to defend your lame and wrong opinions..

It's not a PED and it's actually legal in some countries. It's just EASIER for LEGAL REASONS to put it on a list vs NOT put it on a list.

Hahahahaha!  That has to be the worst argument I have ever heard!!  This is the United States, Dude!  But still your statement doesn't hold true because it's the WORLD Anti-Doping code you argue against.   Your arguments are pathetic.  If anyone who reads your comments in this thread can take you serious after all the rediculous statements that you made in here and over the last month then something is just as much wrong with them as with you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hahahahaha!!!  It just doesn't get any better then this.  Do you not think before you type?  This is just another example of you making incorrect statements.  I'm not 50 nor am I from SF!!  You are such a fraud!  You just never stop with  incorrect statement after incorrect statement.  You prove time after time that you have no clue what you are talking about.  You are a troll here, a fraud!  This is just another example it.  Once again, proven 100% wrong!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Do they test for it?  No.  They can ban froot loops for all I care. Like I said, they list that to cover their butt with the feds.

The only reason they don't test for it is that the NFL and NFLPA haven't yet been able to agree on the appropriate test (though they have both agreed in principle to test for it).  Because HGH is naturally occurring (and occurs in variable amounts naturally in different people) it's harder to determine what's an unnatural amount.  That makes any test for HGH a bit less definitive than tests for non-naturally occurring substances. 

You are 100% correct here Prolate.  Keep on proving that this guy is a clown who doesn't know what he is talking about. His statements in this thread are crazy.  Is he really this ignorant to the facts?  WOW!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Silly argument.  The NFL doesn't call Adderall a "performance-enhancing drug."  It's a "prohibited substance" which comes under a list entitled "certain stimulants." Sudafed is on that list (unless prescribed).

The NFL doesn't have to call either one a PED.  They are stimulants.  Stimulants are PED's.  And yes, Sudafed is a PED just in case someone here thinks otherwise.

LOL!

So, if I go buy Sudafed for a cold, I get an advantage in competitive sports?  LOL

You're making a full of yourself at this point, not that you already haven't.

Sadly, you can't even buy Sudafed where I live in rural NC without a script. People are stealing it off the shelves to make Crystal Meth:( Drugstores have locked up like a controlled substance. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Wasnt this thread about Bruschi saying the Pats need another RB? Somehow it has become an argument over PEDs and other various drugs on the banned list. In reality you're arguing over something you know little, to nothing about.  what happened?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

So says everyone on this thread and many, many others.

You are the biggest joke BDC or maybe the world has ever know.

You are void reason, logic and scruples.

I honestly think you should be institutionalized, if not already.

You say you work in the medical field????   Bwahahaha

Do they let you sweep the floors at the MHR?  Is that your job?

I think you just lost the remaining few of your fan club today.

It's post like these that make people say, " I respected this fool"?     Oh my!

Probably time you delete this handle too.

Gee, when Rusty was telling me how much hated me he was also telling me how everyone loved him and looked up to his knowledge on the board.

bwahahahahahaha!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats have a need at RB like they have a need at OT; 0! 

And to the guys knocking Ridley for the fumble in the AFCCG, show some class, will you? He got knocked out cold! He didn't get the ball knocked out of his hands, he just wasn't conscience enough to have a hold on the ball. 

Bruschi is wrong. 

Exactly. The guy was essentially paralyzed on the play and all of a sudden it's a "fumble" in the traditional sense. They will do anything to divert any responsibility away from the QB's play.

Bruschi has been an AWFUL analyst when it's come to the Pats since he arrived at the classless ESPN.

I have to agree--Loved Bruschi the football player--but as an anylist he is hard to take--kinda comes off as a know-it-all. Will always love him for his play though!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

TBru WAS a football player. A very good one steeped in knowledge about the Pats and still connected to the coaching staffs thought process.

now he is in the ENTERTAINMENT business....the more people realize Tedy is paid to entertain, and not be a news source the more they will understand what he does. 

ESPN is multi faceted. They do have legit news staff that are very good. They also have writers and on air personalities that are in the entertainment business. Perhaps ESPN does a poor job and blurs those lines. Tedy, just like Mazz, Felger, Shaughnessy et al are there to entertain and draw ratings, not report the news. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

PED!  

Types of performance-enhancing drugs

The phrase has been used to refer to several distinct classes of drugs:

• Lean mass builders drive or amplify the growth of muscle and lean body mass; sometimes they're used to reduce body fat. This class of drugs includes anabolic steroids, xenoandrogens, beta-2 agonists, selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs), and various human hormones, most notably human growth hormone, as well as some of their precursors. Performance-enhancing drugs are also found in animals as synthetic growth hormone.
    • Stimulants stimulate the body and mind to perform optimally by enhancing focus, energy, and aggression. Some examples are caffeine, amphetamine, and methamphetamine.
    • Painkillers mask athletes' pain so they can continue to compete and perform beyond their usual pain thresholds. Blood pressure is increased causing the cells in the muscles to be better supplied with vital oxygen. Painkillers used by athletes range from common over-the-counter medicines such as NSAIDs (such as ibuprofen) to powerful prescription narcotics.
    • Sedatives are sometimes used by athletes in sports like archery which require steady hands and accurate aim, and also by athletes attempting to overcome excessive nervousness or discomfort. Alcohol, diazepam, propranolol, and marijuana are examples.
    • Diuretics expel water from athletes' bodies. They are often used by athletes such as wrestlers, who need to meet weight restrictions. Many stimulants also have secondary diuretic effect. (Also used as a masking drug)
    • Blood boosters increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood beyond the individual's natural capacity. Their misuse is centered on endurance sports like cycling and nordic skiing. EPO is the most publicly known drug in this class.
    • Masking drugs are used to prevent the detection of other classes of drugs. These evolve as quickly as do testing methods – which is very quick indeed[2] – although a time-tested classic example is the use of epitestosterone, a drug with no performance-enhancing effects, to restore the testosterone/epitestosterone ratio (a common criterion in steroid testing) to normal levels after anabolic steroid supplementation.
    • any questions??

Sudafed to Blame for Former Chief Vince Redd's Suspension ...

www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/8/26/1003215/sudafed-to-blame-for-f... - Sim

Sections
Shortcuts