tedy-bruschi-tees-off-on-ochocinco/

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: tedy-bruschi-tees-off-on-ochocinco/

Why not go out an bring in Moss now.  If Moss will decoy and take what is given to him.  He might be the best answer.  Or is Moss incapable of being anything but a distraction.  It seems he would in a less primary role be an incredibly good addition.  Ochocinco is not in his class and does not demand the respect Moss would in the Patriots system again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Yes!  Give Ocho some slack.  He's only a six time pro-bowler with years of experience.  Solder, on the other hand--have you seen the performance of this pathetic newbie to the NFL . . . Oops, never mind.  
    This is their business, their life, dudes.  It's sports, not rocket science.  How long did it take Randy to catch on?  Give Chad double the time and . . . man, clock is ticking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Ocho's biggest problem even after he learns the playbook is that Welker and Branch are so well connected with Brady they can almost read his mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

(I talk to Tedy Bruschi a few times a week and he is texting and talking to his old teammates like 40x a day) He goes on to say Bruschi knows more about this Pats team then you or I will ever know because he is wired into that locker room.
    Knowing how the Patriots and BB function, do you really think that any player is going to say something to Buschi that they do not want to get out?  That is a good way to become unemployed.  I am sure there is a little frustration about how long it is taking Chad to get up to speed.  How many postings did I see last week about Branch and his lack of production in the preseason.  He did well when it counted though.  Chad was in for 18 plays.  He was thrown to twice.  He caught one and was held on the second one.  I would call that not a bad night. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: tedy-bruschi-tees-off-on-ochocinco/:
    Why not go out an bring in Moss now.  If Moss will decoy and take what is given to him.  He might be the best answer.  Or is Moss incapable of being anything but a distraction.  It seems he would in a less primary role be an incredibly good addition.  Ochocinco is not in his class and does not demand the respect Moss would in the Patriots system again.
    Posted by concord27

NO Lets move on OK. Moss is retired. You don't even know what kind of shape he's in.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

(I talk to Tedy Bruschi a few times a week and he is texting and talking to his old teammates like 40x a day) He goes on to say Bruschi knows more about this Pats team then you or I will ever know because he is wired into that locker room. Knowing how the Patriots and BB function, do you really think that any player is going to say something to Buschi that they do not want to get out?  That is a good way to become unemployed.  I am sure there is a little frustration about how long it is taking Chad to get up to speed.  How many postings did I see last week about Branch and his lack of production in the preseason.  He did well when it counted though.  Chad was in for 18 plays.  He was thrown to twice.  He caught one and was held on the second one.  I would call that not a bad night. 
    Posted by msteven

Belicheck says it best if they're on the field we trust that they can do the job...

What I saw was that Chad and Tom aren't on the same page yet and if we are to believe what has been written, Chad is a very good route runner with very sound techinque. Once he learns where he needs to be based on coverages and starts to get open he'll get the ball...

What makes the Patriots offense work is what makes is so difficult to learn. It's not like the draw a line in the turf and say on this play your the primary reciever and I want you to run a fade and if your open I'll toss you the ball...Until brady is confident that when he releases the ball that Chad will read the defesne and break to the right spot...he wont get a ton of balls thrown his way...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Bruschis sure was special-I now know why the guy was so good-man I wish he could have played 4ever!
    Posted by jimmytantric

Lest we all forget, it took Bruschi more than 3 years to learn the system at linebacker, and with 3 full offseasons to boot.

Ocho hasn't even had one offseason. Love you, Tedy, but get some perspective, dude.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Up tempo offense and no Huddle the whole game = a limited role for Chad.

I have no doubts about his ability and still believe he will contribute.  Will he have a lot of 100 yard games and spectactular catches in the endzone like Moss his first year....probobly not, but as long as he can catch the 10 yard come back for a 1st down (something Joey G could not)  then im fine with his production.  We are in a better spot now so far as weapons and Hernandez is a WR by trait.

So its not like Tate being the 3rd WR last year and us needing production there.  We have loads of weapons and Chad will be used when ready....but the beauty of it is he is not needed and when he does get featured, teams wont know how he will be used, making him more effective

All that Being said, I still Love Tedy and his Passion for the game and that was a priceless Rant that still had some merit and could only serve to motivate Ocho more, IMO - not a bad thing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

As long as Ocho "gets it" by week 8, I'll be fine with him. You can't expect someone that has been playing in an inferior system his entire career with Garbage at QB to all of a sudden make a seamless transition to a very complex offense and at the same time build chemistry with the best QB in the league. Chad was not needed last night, as evidenced by the stat lines of Brady, Welker, Hernandez, Gronk and Branch. Im sure if he was needed, he would have played more then he did. They are slowly bringing him up to speed and its fine by me.
    Posted by GadisRKO

Granted....But if you think Bill and the rest of the staff (Brady included) are just going to hold his hand and spoon feed him the play-book, hoping things come around before week 9,10 I just dont see that happening...They have shipped well known vets outta town in the past that couldn't latch on....I don't think he would be any different....Bruschi had it spot on...If anyone can have this kind of opinion about the Pats and the way they run their team (from media standpoint) its Ted......I personally am rooting for Chad and hope to see him start making some plays starting Sunday....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

85 was complimenting his new team and through that expressing an appreciation for being here. No need to disparage him for that Tedy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: tedy-bruschi-tees-off-on-ochocinco/ : Lest we all forget, it took Bruschi more than 3 years to learn the system at linebacker, and with 3 full offseasons to boot. Ocho hasn't even had one offseason. Love you, Tedy, but get some perspective, dude.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

Tedy was drafted as a DE.  Pete Carrol actually is responsible for converting him into a succesfull OLB and then and when Tedy Johnson got hurt Billicheck put him in at the ILB and he never looked back, but thats a bad comparison.

Chad has played WR all his life.  Tedy came in the hard way, playing special teams and being a rush end early in his career and was always effective no matter where they put him.  Lets not let a few comments get in the way of analyzing a great player.  The 2 are totally unrelated. I admit the comments may be looked at as over the top but dont diminish what Tedy did on the field...he is maybe the Best example of the PAtriot Way outside of Troy Brown..so he has the right and Troy does the same thing evaluating WR's like Tate who were cut accordingly so I trust what they say because 20 years removed from the game they will still have the pulse of this team more so than us as long as Bill is in charge.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

If this were any other prima dona WR, they would be ticked that they were only targeted 3 times.  I think it shows Chad has accepted the fact that with NE, the team comes first and what ever helps the team win is what has to happen.  Tedy needs to chill.  Love him, but I don't think he knows how hard Chad is working or not working.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

If this were any other prima dona WR, they would be ticked that they were only targeted 3 times.  I think it shows Chad has accepted the fact that with NE, the team comes first and what ever helps the team win is what has to happen.  Tedy needs to chill.  Love him, but I don't think he knows how hard Chad is working or not working.
    Posted by 347pg

Or he does but wants to do a good job for his present employer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Yes!  Give Ocho some slack.  He's only a six time pro-bowler with years of experience.  Solder, on the other hand--have you seen the performance of this pathetic newbie to the NFL . . . Oops, never mind.   This is their business, their life, dudes.  It's sports, not rocket science.  How long did it take Randy to catch on?  Give Chad double the time and . . . man, clock is ticking.
    Posted by BelichickforPresident

Moss was acquired in April, Chad was acquired in late July. Big difference

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bruschi is an analyst for the four letter network and he is being paid to stir the pot,Ocho is a WR on an awesome team and if he finally plays to his abilities then he will be able too produce and he'll no longer be in awe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Pretty funny that anyone thinks Bruschi doesn't have a clue what is going on in the locker room.  Yeah, I'm sure nobody in there talks to him lol.  You do know that Brady is a good friend don't you?  I think Tedy has seen enough players come and go to get some inkling of how fast or slow players pick up the offense; even though he played D.

That said, Tedy is learning what most analysts eventually do.....you have to stir the pot from time to time to make it in journalism.  At least it seems that way.  It seemed a bit harsh of him.  I think he was ranting about Ocho going to Twitter more than he was about Ocho not picking up the playbook.

My interpretation....until you get up to speed and start contributing, SHUT UP!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: tedy-bruschi-tees-off-on-ochocinco/ : That's how I felt last year when he was bashing BB and I felt he did that because the locker room lacked leaders in 2009 when his buddies Seymour and Vrabel were dealt. Then, BB has a nice looking draft and Bruschi is hammering BB  with how young the team is, etc, with the team going 14-2 and BB winning coach of the year. Translation?  Bruschi has no idea what is going on in that locker room, just like he didn't last year. Look, I love Bruschi as we all do, but his high horse antics here are out of line. He's making himself above the stuff he is covering. He's actually WORSE than Ocho here. I would say to Tedy, you are retired and this isn't your team anymore and you're not in THIS locker room. Totally out of line. I am not a fan of the Twitter stuff either, but there are literally hundreds of players who do it.  I also thought Ocho looked fine in the debut.  He was hauled down at the 3 after being pulled down by the shoulder pad by the supposed, self proclaimed "best CB duo" partner of Sean Smith, Vontae Davis. Brady can't target everyone, especially guys who JUST got a playbook 6 weeks ago.   As Mike Golic said, it will work and it just depends on how teams defend the  Pats. If Gronk, Hernandez are doubled, that's when we'll see Branch and Ocho benefit. Besides, what if Ocho simply said that AFTER the game when asked about the performance?  Who cares?  It was the 4th greatest passing game, yardage wise, anyway of all time! It was a Wow moment. However, this may be a good time for BB to sit Chad down and suggest a slight cooling on the Twitter activity, but Bruschi is way, way out of line. It's self righteous and arrogant. I agree with the people who say they are waiting to see how he progresses. That's how I would treat ANY new player into this system. It's a bonus when it's a Deion Branch, McCourty, Mayo, etc, types.  That's not going to happen every single time. Jon Gruden didn't even know what to say about Bruschi's wild overreaction. No one did, really. Bruschi is deep into these ESPN games and it's disappointing.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

"...Bruschi has no idea what's going on in the lockeroom..."?? And you and the guys here do?? LOL!!! 

" Bruschi is way, way out of line...self righteous and arrogant..."

Pleeaassse. Rusty, go back and read his comments. They center on Ocho's attitude. Bruschi said something to the effect that Chad shouldn't be impressed that the Patriots' offense accomplished what it did. Great execution is both expected and demanded with the Pats.

Wouldn't you agree with that, Russ? That's straight out of the gospel of BB...and Tedy has learned it well.

For whatever reason, Ocho has been a no show in New England. He's not contributing. Based on what I've seen of him, I'm at the point that I will soon want to see Taylor Price or Matthew Slater get his reps. Ocho was brought here to produce in a big way. But, for whatever reason, be it not understanding the "complex offense", or the declining skills of a 33 year old WR, he's not getting it done.

Bruschi is dead on when he says that, instead of tweeting about the wonderment of being a Patriot, Ocho must understand that he has responsibilities to his teammates and the coaches to learn the system quickly, like the back of his hand...and to do everything in his power to fit in, and produce, as expected. 

The Patriots are not paying Chad to be an analyst, clown, or cheerleader. They're paying him to be an effective and dependable WR for Tom Brady. His honeymoon period is over. It's time for him to do his job.      

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: tedy-bruschi-tees-off-on-ochocinco/ :      "...Bruschi has no idea what's going on in the lockeroom..."?? And you and the guys here do?? LOL!!!       " Bruschi is way, way out of line...self righteous and arrogant..."      Pleeaassse. Rusty, go back and read his comments. They center on Ocho's attitude . Bruschi said something to the effect that Chad shouldn't be impressed that the Patriots' offense accomplished what it did. Great execution is both expected and demanded  with the Pats.      Wouldn't you agree with that, Russ? That's straight out of the gospel of BB...and Tedy has learned it well.      For whatever reason, Ocho has been a no show in New England. He's not contributing. Based on what I've seen of him, I'm at the point that I will soon want to see Taylor Price or Matthew Slater get his reps. Ocho was brought here to produce in a big way. But, for whatever reason, be it not understanding the "complex offense", or the declining skills of a 33 year old WR, he's not getting it done.      Bruschi is dead on when he says that, instead of tweeting about the wonderment of being a Patriot, Ocho must understand that he has responsibilities to his teammates and the coaches to learn the system quickly, like the back of his hand...and to do everything in his power to fit in, and produce, as expected.       The Patriots are not paying Chad to be an analyst, clown, or cheerleader. They're paying him to be an effective and dependable WR for Tom Brady. His honeymoon period is over. It's time for him to do his job.      
    Posted by TexasPat3

Totally Agree.  Chad may still have an impact, but I see nothing wrong w/ what Tedy said.  how you can perform your job when are too busy being a spectator and in awe of the moment?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

He cost TB the NFL record with that bonehead penalty in the 1st half....add those 40 yards to TB total and he has the NFL record for the ages.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts