Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54

There are many and mine is Tedy and his sons playing on the field before the Super Bowl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54

Good for him.  The quintisential TEAM player and leader!  These characteristics alone could put him in the HoF.  He has never been about stats just playing the best football he can and lead the team by example.

Best memory, INTs against Manning in playoff games!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54:
    [QUOTE]There are many and mine is Tedy and his sons playing on the field before the Super Bowl.
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

Everybody will say the snow game but I couldn't attend because I had just sprained my ankle.  I also didn't get to see large portions of the game because the power went out.

I'd say it's the picture of him holding up 3 fingers after beating the Eagles.  That and the footage I saw of him on America's Game talking on the plane about how if they beat the Eagles they'd be a dynasty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Tough call. Just one?  Probably throwing the snow up in the air after the INT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

the miami game  after the snow storm where he sealed it with a pick and the place went crazy  with fans throwing snow in to the air

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

How about the INT on Thanksgiving in 2002 or the one in Oakland that same year?

Both were TDs.

There is a classic image, and maybe he did this multiple times, but he's blitzing up the middle and he gets picked up by the RB and even though he got upended, he still made enough of a move to distract the throw.

Or, what about the strip of Domenic Rhodes in the 2003 AFC title game where he went to tackle him and just ripped the ball out?  That was a classic.

You can't teach heart.  Bruschi had that as much as any player I have ever seen in the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Stripping the ball away from Rhodes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I was at the Buffalo game when he stripped sack Bledsoe and Big Sey scooped it up and took it to the house...Bills fans weren't very happy with that nor with me lol.

mute the noise/music*

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54:
    [QUOTE]I was at the Buffalo game when he stripped sack Bledsoe and Big Sey scooped it up and took it to the house...Bills fans weren't very happy with that nor with me lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4kFRc7siQ   mute the noise/music*

I don't think Bills fans have had many reasons to be happy, ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54:
    [QUOTE]Tough call. Just one?  Probably throwing the snow up in the air after the INT.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

My favorite memory!  Took me and my pals until half time to get to Gillette because of the snow.  I was at that game freezing my a rse off, my seat had about 2 feet of snow on it.  Managed to score perfect seats since there were a lot of no shows, we helped ourselves.  Saw Tedy make that int from close up.  Every time I see that game profiled on TV it brings back fond memories.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Snow throwing. For sure. It is almost a tradition in the stadium now when it snows if you notice, the crowd starts throwing snow in the air. 

Much, much cooler  than waiving a bunch of towels or something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

There was a poster on here who posted a story about tailgating at Gillette with a group called the Bruschi Backers and Tedy came over before the game dressed in suit and shook hands and exchanged high fives with everyone....I can't remember who that poster was but that had to have been really cool.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

so many great plays, but like others i would have to go with throwing the snow in the air, amazing moment.

a close second would be all those times he got ints by jumping in front of the throw 2 yards past the line of scrimmage

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Snow throwing. For sure. It is almost a tradition in the stadium now when it snows if you notice, the crowd starts throwing snow in the air.  Much, much cooler  than waiving a bunch of towels or something.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Especially when you don't know where those towels have been.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Normally I wouldn't expect more tham a 15 second shot of a half time ceremony but since Teddy is working for ESPN maybe we might get to see a little more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tedy Bruschi to be Honored at halftime. What is your favorite memory of #54 : Everybody will say the snow game but I couldn't attend because I had just sprained my ankle.  I also didn't get to see large portions of the game because the power went out. I'd say it's the picture of him holding up 3 fingers after beating the Eagles.  That and the footage I saw of him on America's Game talking on the plane about how if they beat the Eagles they'd be a dynasty.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Artist,

You let a sprained ankle stop you from going to the game?  I would go with a tourniquet above my knee and a missing lower leg.

My favorite memory is him talking about saving the team money by not having to pay a slimy agent. 

Also I can't remember the game or team, but I just remember him literally flying over a player through the air and swooping a runner right off his fee.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the Buffalo game when he stripped sack Bledsoe and Big Sey scooped it up and took it to the house...Bills fans weren't very happy with that nor with me lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4kFRc7siQ   mute the noise/music*

Thanks for the video.  Watching that makes me long for those days.  I wish he would come back and be LBs coach.  What he had can't be coached though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

AFC playoffs 2001 vs Oakland....the Snow game.

Jerry Rice started off hot...catching everything from Gannon in 1st quarter...and the Raiders were the better team.

Early in the second period...Rice ran a crossing pattern 15 yards downfield...Bruschi LEVELED him w/a forearm thru his adams apple. Rice went down like he was shot.

Rice didn't come near a ball the rest of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

It  Is Well deserved I love Tedy Bruschi Wish he was still playing I hope they will show it on TV I remember last season w/ Troy Brown they only showed a small amount of it. I ended up seeing it the next day on ESPN

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE] AFC playoffs 2001 vs Oakland....the Snow game.  Jerry Rice started off hot...catching everything from Gannon in 1st quarter...and the Raiders were the better team.  Early in the second period...Rice ran a crossing pattern 15 yards downfield...Bruschi LEVELED him w/a forearm thru his adams apple. Rice went down like he was shot.  Rice didn't come near a ball the rest of the game.
    Posted by sofla4patriots[/QUOTE]
    Nice recollection sofla! That started the dynasty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Tedi has said he hopes it snows I'm beting the "snow game" is one of his best memories Can't any of u going Mondy nite figure out a way to make it snow !!  Kraft shpould hire snow makers just for Tedi.

BTW ESPN is throwing a luncheon at Gillette starring Bruschi and Kris Jenkins. and MIKE & MIKE are broadcasting there Monday. Greeney is trying to figure out whether or not to wear his Jets jersey. oh the intrigue!!

ESPN has to be peeing their pants having this game on Monday night!

Also I'm NEGAME but have no idea what the hell is going on!!!! Just call me Football LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

OK I'm back for my comments    see above

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]OK I'm back for my comments    see above
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you finally post, where you been all season?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Tedi has said he hopes it snows I'm beting the "snow game" is one of his best memories Can't any of u going Mondy nite figure out a way to make it snow !!  Kraft shpould hire snow makers just for Tedi. BTW ESPN is throwing a luncheon at Gillette starring Bruschi and Kris Jenkins. and MIKE & MIKE are broadcasting there Monday. Greeney is trying to figure out whether or not to wear his Jets jersey. oh the intrigue!! ESPN has to be peeing their pants having this game on Monday night! Also I'm NEGAME but have no idea what the hell is going on!!!! Just call me Football LOL
    Posted by football[/QUOTE]

Kris Jenkins? What is that mouthy bum doing at a Bruschi luncheon? 

They should pop in a tape of SB 38.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Pre-snap, pretending to take Manning's picture.

I know it's kinda vague.