Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?

This just seems pretty harsh and blunt to me... I love Bruschi and always will but what do you guys think is his most important priority now at this point in his life?  Becoming a broadcasting star by dropping powerful statements about the team(knowing his word carries a lot of weight)?  Or being completely loyal to his team? Or both? Thoughts please...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5472214

I am mostly refering to the way he said his final statement in this video.

To be clear.. I am cool with it but It is just something that definitley caught my eye.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?

I guess he forgot the motto that Bill instilled in the team:

Next man up.

If Brace and G. Warren play at DE this season, we'll actually have a beefier defensive line than last year.

As for the Mankins situation, we have Connelly who did great verse the physical Saints.

We'll be fine Tedy, get a grip bud.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yeah, the tone of his final remark about paying Mankins did seem as if he was on the side of Mankins, but it's hard to know for sure.  He's still an inexperienced TV personality and his emphasis at the end might not have been intended to come across that way.  Mankins has been beat to death on this board so I won't add anything to the subject here.

As for the rest of his video, it was fair.  We always have a ton of injuries.  We are thin and will be in a bind if "additional" players get injured.  History tells us additional players will get injured.  The Pats have terrible luck in that regard, or we have one of the most overrated strength and conditioning coaches in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

The Injury issue has a lot to do with the carpet in my opinion. Patriots had fewer injuries when they had Grass... I don't remember where I read the stats recently but it is true of carpet in general as well... teams who play on grass have fewer injuries then those who play on carpet.  Patriots have best carpet available but it is still a carpet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

hes a professional, whether it be for the patriots or for ESPN, he does his job and he does it well
    i expect him to give his honest insight and not be a biased supporter of the pats, we dont need that from him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Bruschi says what his new bosses at bspn tell him to say, he gets his paycheck and goes home to his family, the end, who cares.

Stop watching bspn and hopefully someday you might realize your smarter than them. Well, most of  you anyway, excluding the author of this thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Yea I couldnt agree more Pats. BSPN might have some of the worst anaylst on TV. NFL live is a dogchit sandwhich , worst football show on TV , easy. Trey Wingo should be washing my car. I havent watched that show in almost a year. Everytime I watch it ... it just doesnt do anything for me. I never learn anything or come away feeling like I know more about football. They need to blow that whole show up and start over. NFL match-up is good stuff , thats a great show and would be better ... if it wasnt on at 330 in the morning. Not sure if they tell him what to say or not. IMHO they use him for his predictable style and have him as the token " old school guy". Ive seen a little from him when he first started , to see how he would far. And it doesnt seem like he brings anything relevant to the table.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

bruschi's remark wasnt even for television- it appeared to be for the internet where only pats fans would see it. he simply pointed out the obvious: the d and o lines are very thin. who is the next offensive tackle if light or vollmer miss time (both did last year) who is the next interior lineman if there is an injury. and can you imagine what happens to the dline if wilfork gets injured. the pats are perilously thin on both lines.
    if they stay healthy i think they'll be okay, but it is not difficult to imagine a scenario in which they are in deep trouble

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

who is tedy bruschi?  Just kidding.  Point is, however, that he has crossed over into the land of analyst now.  He needs to be objective, or seem to be, to be credible.  I liked him as a player, not to much as an analyst.  Rodney, however, I think is spot on. Maybe just because he says things I like.  I hope he hits Dungy over the head with a chair this year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?:
    who is tedy bruschi?  Just kidding.  Point is, however, that he has crossed over into the land of analyst now.  He needs to be objective, or seem to be, to be credible.  I liked him as a player, not to much as an analyst.  Rodney, however, I think is spot on. Maybe just because he says things I like.  I hope he hits Dungy over the head with a chair this year!
    Posted by TroyBrown80

Well given his roid love and the rage "they say" goes with it.  You could get your wish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

What's most important to Tedy is the Company that now writes his checks.
    What's most important to me are the Guys that are still wearing a uniform.
     I wouldn't say Bruschi is dead to me now but I don't acknowledge his existence like I used to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I dont understand the outrage? Tedy is correct in his analysis of both lines. As a player, with my team on the proverbial fence, making the playoffs or not, does it not make sense to pay a guy like Mankins? All pro, plays every game, every down, every year? Still in his prime. What diff does it make to the Pats, the players or the fans if Mankins gets paid (like he was promised)....yet the players see guys like Springs, Burgess get theirs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Frankly, I love watching Bruschi on ESPN, especially yesterday when he had the guts to call out Farve, Childress, and the entire organization, when everybody ellse was kissing Farve's a**  As usual everything was cancelled because of "maybe he's going to come back." and it was nonstop speculation for the rest of the night. No comment on the Giant/Jet game at all or even Eli's boo boo. I f they fired Tedi because he's not a Farve suck-up I don't think he'd care.

You tell when Tedi's really pi**ed his eyes turn black in color!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Frankly, I love watching Bruschi on ESPN, especially yesterday when he had the guts to call out Farve, Childress, and the entire organization, when everybody ellse was kissing Farve's a**  As usual everything was cancelled because of "maybe he's going to come back." and it was nonstop speculation for the rest of the night. No comment on the Giant/Jet game at all or even Eli's boo boo. I f they fired Tedi because he's not a Farve suck-up I don't think he'd care. You tell when Tedi's really pi**ed his eyes turn black in color!!
    Posted by NEGAME

Well Said, Bruschi clearly stands on his own two feet. He was the first(and one of the only) to call out the Colts last year when they took the low road out of the undefeated season bid. He proclaimed that at least the Patriots had the guts to go for the record. I know it is the popular opinion on this board to hate all things ESPN but perhaps we should focus on what Tedy actually said here before we assume Censorship has prevailed. Everything he said was true. We are thin on both lines are we not? We are young and have already lost depth. It looks as even though Bruschi played defense he understands that Brady is the most important piece of the puzzle. It is his opinion that we pay Mankins as he is our best o-linemen is he not?  Probably a lot of guys on that team agree with him, but that is why players are players and do not manage the front office. Tedy is a Patriot through and through but I think he will almost always be for the players. In my opinion this makes him more credible then if he came out and just blindly supported the organization and said Mankins was out of line. He is not a company man. This is Tedy Bruschi a man among men a "True Champ" and a true New England Patriot. I respect his opionion even if I do not agree with it and I'm glad he joined those bunch of hacks and will continue to watch and support him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Frankly, I love watching Bruschi on ESPN, especially yesterday when he had the guts to call out Farve, Childress, and the entire organization, when everybody ellse was kissing Farve's a**  As usual everything was cancelled because of "maybe he's going to come back." and it was nonstop speculation for the rest of the night. No comment on the Giant/Jet game at all or even Eli's boo boo. I f they fired Tedi because he's not a Farve suck-up I don't think he'd care. You tell when Tedi's really pi**ed his eyes turn black in color!!
    Posted by NEGAME

wow you can see that his eyes turn black through the tv??? hmmmmnnn interesting.... arent they already black??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ya it is also interesting that teddy is taking this tact.... did he sign very team friendly deals and preach team over all else...  knowing how bills deals with players and there value on the market and to the team... maybe he is regretting it now...  kazcur was a gapstop/backup.... its time for some young fresh meat in there and I think the team has drafted with that in mind... you cant hang on to theold guys forever... and besides none of their pictures are hangin in the halls anymore anyway...   lets move on we are in the third year of our new 5 year window and its lookin pretty good to me.... with or with out logan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I dont understand the outrage? Tedy is correct in his analysis of both lines. As a player, with my team on the proverbial fence, making the playoffs or not, does it not make sense to pay a guy like Mankins? All pro, plays every game, every down, every year? Still in his prime. What diff does it make to the Pats, the players or the fans if Mankins gets paid (like he was promised)....yet the players see guys like Springs, Burgess get theirs.
    Posted by ronk1

ronk1   didnt they offer him a large junk of change???  and burgess is on a one year deal that is like 1.5 mil.... nothing near the 6.5/7mil logan was offered...springs doesnt work here anymore

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now?:
    This just seems pretty harsh and blunt to me... I love Bruschi and always will but what do you guys think is his most important priority now at this point in his life?  Becoming a broadcasting star by dropping powerful statements about the team(knowing his word carries a lot of weight)?  Or being completely loyal to his team? Or both? Thoughts please... http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5472214 I am mostly refering to the way he said his final statement in this video. To be clear.. I am cool with it but It is just something that definitley caught my eye.
    Posted by benBlev

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Ragging on old, also ran players like he once was. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

We all know BSPN has an agenda. No need to even get into that. And as much as I don't care to hear TB talk like that you all have to agree that he has earned the right to work for a pay check rather than honor.. We all have to tote the company line. We are all guilty of doing and saying things we don't really believe in for a paycheck. Cut TB some slack.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

ESPN explayer/broadcasters regurgitate ESPN's BS or het replaced.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Why do we care?  No really, who cares what he says?  Judging from the commentary here, everyone could simply have ignored this.  Do you think he's disloyal?  He's broadcaster now, they have to say something and if they can generate some buzz they will.  Obvioulsy from all the concern expressed here, he did generate buzz.  Mission accomplished and y'all helped.Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : Well given his roid love and the rage "they say" goes with it.  You could get your wish.
    Posted by underdoggggg
    Whatever gets the job done, ok by me.  Besides, you are pretty sanctimonious for a guy whos team snuck out of baltimore in the middle of the night.  They could probably use some 'roids, the only thing they got is 'rhoids from getting their cans opened so much.  "Ladies and gentlemen, prancing around for your amusment, here are YOUR Indianapolis Sparkly Ponies!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Tedy Bruschi: What is most important to him now? : Whatever gets the job done, ok by me.  Besides, you are pretty sanctimonious for a guy whos team snuck out of baltimore in the middle of the night.  They could probably use some 'roids, the only thing they got is 'rhoids from getting their cans opened so much.   "Ladies and gentlemen, prancing around for your amusment, here are YOUR Indianapolis Sparkly Ponies!"
    Posted by TroyBrown80

If someone threatened my property with eminent domain and I had the ability to move it, you betcha I'd leave.  Its worked well for the family, too, as they have been very successful in Indy. 

Oh and as for that prancing pony comment, they've been prancing on the heads of those pats for quite some time now. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Tas - I even said so myself in another thread.  When the pats were doing it to the colts - That was then.  What's going on today - This is now.  I prefer the here and now. 

Sections
Shortcuts