Teeing Off On QB - Read Option

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Teeing Off On QB - Read Option

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/05/nfl-read-option-quarterbacks-tackled/?sct=hp_t2_a5&eref=sihp

I wonder if teams will just tee off on the QB if given the chance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Teeing Off On QB - Read Option

A QB with the ball in hand is a free target unless he slides as far as I know, why is the QB different than anyone else?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

A QB with the ball in hand is a free target unless he slides as far as I know, why is the QB different than anyone else?

It shouldn't but refs will watch QB hits more closely than any other position, legal or not. You still aren't suppose to horsecollar or hit the head intentionally but sometimes players get away with it, just not when a QB is involved

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

but you know, if you can hit the QB hard and get them thinking too much....it would be a good thing. Kinda hard for them to do their job if their ears are ringing and they're worried about getting hit again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

but you know, if you can hit the QB hard and get them thinking too much....it would be a good thing. Kinda hard for them to do their job if their ears are ringing and they're worried about getting hit again.

For some reason I don't think that's how most option QB's think. If it was Manning or Brady that would be one thing but RGIII, Wilson, Tebow never seemed to have an issue getting their bell rung and moving on to the next play. They are just use to it going all the way back to most likely high school

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

For some reason I don't think that's how most option QB's think. If it was Manning or Brady that would be one thing but RGIII, Wilson, Tebow never seemed to have an issue getting their bell rung and moving on to the next play. They are just use to it going all the way back to most likely high school

mebbe cuz most of the time they don't get hit clean/hard w/ bone crunching blow?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Well ... ask Vick how that running thing has worked out for him long term (or ask his team's fans and coach.) And seems there was another run option guy last year who didn't make it through his first 16 games without a bad knee injury.

HS and college are one thing (and there are always a couple of RS guys waiting to step in) - when you get to the pros all the players are faster and bigger and the collisions are harder. And you are playing a much longer season, so every one of those hits adds up and by week 15 maybe the arm is a little weeker, and the legs a little shakier when you plant to throw, and your reaction time is slowed a touch, and now you maybe don't get down as fast or the fake doesn't work and you get PLANTED.

May it doesn't happen every year, but not sure I can think of a running QB that made it through three full seasons in a row without missing time or becoming less effective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"license" to hit. Expansion on Harbaugh's perspective

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/06/colin-karpernick-jim-harbaugh-hitting-read-option-qbs/2778345/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

mebbe cuz most of the time they don't get hit clean/hard w/ bone crunching blow?

[/QUOTE]

One hit from Spikes and they'll think twice...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Reply to getzo

Agree on spikes - he is our enforcer. He may be the guy shadowing the running Qb, him or Collins?

i heard that the NFL has gone around to teams to tell them that they will call the game by the rules. Once the Qb is a runner he can be hit like anyone elase. So no special protection

The bradys and manning s who move in the pocket, retain their protections, they also know how to move in the pocket and get rid of the ball. Staying in the pocket means they don't get it like running Qbs,

i have already heard that DCs are going to hit these Qbs, And just like Rg3 they will get hit and get hurt.

Abow ow  we have Harbaugh SF, screaming about unfair hits, but that AH is telling his great team other running Qbs, I really don't like him, he is self absorbed ,  I like his bro not him. Will root foe seat in the NFC, but then I don't like that coach either? Hmmm the only coach I really like is BB -lol

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Harbaugh is an excellent coach but he whines almost as much as his brother.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Harbaugh is an excellent coach but he whines almost as much as his brother.

I meant cream other Qbs.  

PICK think SF Harbaugh is a higher, louder whiner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

It shouldn't but refs will watch QB hits more closely than any other position, legal or not. You still aren't suppose to horsecollar or hit the head intentionally but sometimes players get away with it, just not when a QB is involved

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you but so what if the QB gets pasted and the D gets 15 yards? after the second paste their going to think twice about doing it again.  look at the tape of when we played Denver in the playoffs. Tebow got crushed but Spikes I think. About took his helmet off. you could see after that he was tenative.

The league solved the wild cat they had all off season to solve the spread option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If a QB starts to run he's a target, if he gets pummeled in the transition of handing off the ball, it's legal.