Tell me now!! Does Tebow make the 53 man Roster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tell me now!! Does Tebow make the 53 man Roster?

I say yes. 

Did you see how liked this dude is on the sidelines?  Everyone likes him, Kraft too! BB even showed a bit of a smile after the final TD.   I think he adds a big boost to the whole positive vibe, locker room chemistry.  Great example to the rookies.  Not a very good passing QB but he is a winner, hard worker, and a winner. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Tell me now!! Does Tebow make the 53 man Roster?

NO WAY.  As you say the guy can't pass.  And he holds the ball forever.  The entire winner thing is meh.  We have no problem bashing Sanchez (who does suck) despite the fact that he won a few games early on in his career because he isn't a good QB.  Neither is Tebow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I say yes. 

Did you see how liked this dude is on the sidelines?  Everyone likes him, Kraft too! BB even showed a bit of a smile after the final TD.   I think he adds a big boost to the whole positive vibe, locker room chemistry.  Great example to the rookies.  Not a very good passing QB but he is a winner, hard worker, and a winner. 

YES! ABSOLUTELY HE SHOULD!

TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think he makes it.  The Pats knew what they were getting when they brought him in originally.  His subpar to pitiful play isn't opposite of what he's shown in the past.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Yes.  If he's survived this long, I say they keep him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I think they keep him as the court jester. The guy hasn't shown anything all preseason, but it seems like everyone enjoys his presence and rallies with/around him. I guess that can be important.

Maybe BB thinks that he could transform Tebow into a solid QB over the course of the season and training camp wasn't enough.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Of course they will keep him. That was likely the case the day they signed him.

Use your heads. He's McD's boy. Giving the 53rd roster spot to McD to keep his 1st round pick in the NFL is a tiny price to pay to ensure the OC remains happy and stays here.

What's BB going to do, boot the guy the owner praises profusely and his OC loves; to keep some street scrub? LMAO

When asked after the war why he had seized the machine gun and taken on an entire company of German infantry, Audie Murphy replied simply, "They were killing my friends."

http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/audie-murphy-2-1.jpg

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

The guy hasn't shown anything all preseason,

You mean other than just outplaying Mallet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say he makes the roster. He's a football player, and the fact that Kraft appears to be in his corner cant hurt him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I say he makes the roster. He's a football player, and the fact that Kraft appears to be in his corner cant hurt him.

Kraft said something like that prior to Welker going to Denver.

BTW, Great freaking avatar!!  Where did you get it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

$$$$ was a factor in the Welker deal. TT is only about the 53rd roster spot (which many here tremendously overvalue), the money is a non-issue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I forget who but it was someone in the Bruins forum was posting pictures, once I saw it, I grabbed it.

First time posting in the Pats forum, looks like you guys have some good posters over here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I forget who but it was someone in the Bruins forum was posting pictures, once I saw it, I grabbed it.

First time posting in the Pats forum, looks like you guys have some good posters over here.

Welcome to the Pats forum!  Never a dull moment over here.  Hang around for a while and talk Pats football!  Are you a big football/Pats fan?

BTW, the guy who made that avatar is an awesome dude!  You will see him posting some photoshops in here from time to time.  He would probably be pretty stoked someone actually used one as their avatar.  Yours is super cool!  Oh, and he knows what he is talking about here so don't argue with him.

Cheers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are you joking...?  The guy's career is over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

$$$$ was a factor in the Welker deal. TT is only about the 53rd roster spot (which many here tremendously overvalue), the money is a non-issue.

Their offer was a slap in the face, you know it.  I know it.  We all know it!!

Ok, get this..... The Pats have signed low risk / high reward players.  If they sign Tebow will this be the first time they sign a low risk / no reward player?  Hahahaha!! 

I like Tebow, for some selfish reason I want to see him make the team but from a talent standpoint he shouldn't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Their offer was a slap in the face, you know it.  I know it.  We all know it!!

Ok, get this..... The Pats have signed low risk / high reward players.  If they sign Tebow will this be the first time they sign a low risk / no reward player?  Hahahaha!! 

I like Tebow, for some selfish reason I want to see him make the team but from a talent standpoint he shouldn't.

[/QUOTE]

He just outplayed Mallet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think Matt Chatam said it best tonight when asked, he said if they like him is his best chance of sticking.. Is he practice squad eligble?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Are you joking...?  The guy's career is over.

You mean except for the part where he plays for the Pats for 10 seasons, right? LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I think Matt Chatam said it best tonight when asked, he said if they like him is his best chance of sticking.. Is he practice squad eligble?

No.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You mean except for the part where he plays for the Pats for 10 seasons, right? LMAO

Wow, Babe you've really gone off the deep end.

Do you really believe that or does the power of The Lord compel you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think for a 3rd QB to make the team he either has to have a lot of talent or contribute elsewhere.  I liked him as an H-back, TE, emergency QB but as far as I can tell the team has no plans to use him as anything but a QB.  

I know the team has kept some pretty raw 3rd and even a 4th QB's before but that was when there was a true competition for a number two.  I think the BU spot is firmly locked up.

It was a typical Tebow performance, the good, the bad and the ugly.  But Brady is a pocket passer, and ideally the backups could carry the same offensive plan, or at least similar.  To make Tebow work you would have to change the offense.  It could be done, but why bother.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow, Babe you've really gone off the deep end.

Do you really believe that or does the power of The Lord compel you?

[/QUOTE]

No, the Lord doesn't influence my claim wozzy.

I was joking with you. I don't know how long TT will be with this team. I strongly believe he will stick this year at least.

Ugly duckling on the field or not, TT has shown a penchant for playing well when playing well matters most. That has value in the NFL. Coaches know it's possible to teach consistency, but also know teaching that kind of clutch mentality isn't possible.

TT went through a whole camp and 4 pre-season games, and in the end outplayed the incumbent backup who has had years in the system learning from BB and Brady. BB will respect that and the entire organization wants the guy to succeed for a number of reasons.

I will be fairly shocked if he is cut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

I think for a 3rd QB to make the team he either has to have a lot of talent or contribute elsewhere.  I liked him as an H-back, TE, emergency QB but as far as I can tell the team has no plans to use him as anything but a QB.  

I know the team has kept some pretty raw 3rd and even a 4th QB's before but that was when there was a true competition for a number two.  I think the BU spot is firmly locked up.

It was a typical Tebow performance, the good, the bad and the ugly.  But Brady is a pocket passer, and ideally the backups could carry the same offensive plan, or at least similar.  To make Tebow work you would have to change the offense.  It could be done, but why bother.  

BU might be locked, but not because of anything we have seen on the field. Mallet has never done anything actually seen to match the fan hype of him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

[QUOTE]

BU might be locked, but not because of anything we have seen on the field. Mallet has never done anything actually seen to match the fan hype of him.

[/QUOTE]

Mallett doesn't impress but unless there is a QB I don't know about I would put his number 2 slot locked up above Tebow.  I always found Hoyer more impressive.

Sections
Shortcuts