Ten Worst Moves of the Off-Season

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Ten Worst Moves of the Off-Season

Looks good through 6, agree with your analysis. I see the Buccs looking for much of their cap space to be given to the teams younger players in extensions, Donald Penn, Barrett Ruud, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

When is it continued???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Way too early to tell on this.  I don't view Cowher as the incredible coach he is being made out to be.  If anything, having Dick LeBough (sp) as their defensive coordinator has enabled them to stay on top in the North for so long.

The Redskins QB flirtation is the worst move in my eyes.  I live in DC and Jason Campbell is probably one of the easiest to like players in the entire NFL.  At the same time, he's just not a leader and has no confidence.  I've never seen a first round QB who has been treated so poorly.  Not only did they not build around him, they practically undermined him by constantly switching offensive coordinators and robbing him of a tall deep threat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Fans in New England should be able to appreciate a solid organization when they see it, and while you may detest Bitchburgh for whatever reason, the Steelers are arguably the quintessential NFL franchise. Cowher was nothing, more or less, than a cog in the wheel of that organization. His name always comes up as a legendary "coach in waiting," but any team that brings in Cowher will pay way too much and cede far too much power to a guy who gagged in the spotlight more often than he succeeded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I give full creedence to #1 and #2. 

Somebody in Pittsburgh was on the sidelines racking up dozens of victories against everybody (except the Patriots of course), and if it wasn't Cowher, who was it, the waterboy?  The special teams coach maybe?  Cowher may not be BB or even Bill Parcells, but he's got to have something on the ball.  Pay him too much, he's not under the salary cap.  Do you think Robert Kraft flinches when he pays Belichick a premium?

Mangini is a good defensive coordinator but a major disruption in the locker room.  Good luck Cleveland because they need all they can get!

After that the superb quality of the list starts dropping off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Way too early to tell on this.  I don't view Cowher as the incredible coach he is being made out to be.  If anything, having Dick LeBough (sp) as their defensive coordinator has enabled them to stay on top in the North for so long. The Redskins QB flirtation is the worst move in my eyes.  I live in DC and Jason Campbell is probably one of the easiest to like players in the entire NFL.  At the same time, he's just not a leader and has no confidence.  I've never seen a first round QB who has been treated so poorly.  Not only did they not build around him, they practically undermined him by constantly switching offensive coordinators and robbing him of a tall deep threat.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

All good stuf.....but what about Vrabel and Cassel for one draft choice. That one will come back to haunt us.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I find the Campbell situation interesting.  How much of a demand is out there for him?  Maybe the Vikings? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

All good stuf.....but what about Vrabel and Cassel for one draft choice. That one will come back to haunt us.
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

If you are a Chiefs fan, then I agree with you.....KC is in trouble getting an old LB and a Qb that thinks he should be paid more than he is worth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

I'm surprised to see such a reaction to Cowher.  I always thought he was overrated, but I can see him having success in the right situation. I think if he landed on a team that has some weapons but lacks any resemblence of toughness, like Cincinnati, he could really turn them around.

I look at him like Marty. He's a good coach would can get you to the playoffs, but he isn't anyone that can get you over the helm to a Super Bowl. He needs the right combination of players/luck/teams falling in front of him to win the whole thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't see him as ever becoming a "franchise QB". The Redskins evidently agree with me...which is why they sought an upgrade.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Pat.

I wrote in somewhat of a haste and threw out a team that might, ever be it so slightly, be interested in him.  Is there anybody who thinks this guy is a franchise QB?  Campbell might think the demands for him are reasonable and try for the gold.  The shock will be fun to see for his agent and Campbell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

What is a franchise QB? Who would that be?

Right now, Peyton and Brady are the only two, IMO. Roethlisberger, maybe, but in the same sense that Brady was one his first season starting.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts