Tennessee did what?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Tennessee did what?

It was indeed a great win last night for the pats fans yesterday.  But in the midst of all the celebration did we forget about how poorly we played.  If you dont believe me check the stats.  We gave up nearly 200yrds rushing against this Titans team.  Yes, they played pathetic and uninspired football, but they did manage to expose one of our weaknesses.  Chris Johnson is a great back so far in his early career, but if we continue to give up these type of yards to other teams then we are going to have some issues. 

Please share your opinions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: Tennessee did what?

I wouldnt look to much into that. Most of Johnson's yards came after BB called off the dogs. Plus dont forget Johnson is one of the best backs in the NFL. He also has blazing speed which was seen on a play or 2. Also they had what -7passing yards. Now that is impressive

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

In Response to Tennessee did what?:
    [QUOTE]It was indeed a great win last night for the pats fans yesterday.  But in the midst of all the celebration did we forget about how poorly we played.  If you dont believe me check the stats.  We gave up nearly 200yrds rushing against this Titans team.  Yes, they played pathetic and uninspired football, but they did manage to expose one of our weaknesses.  Chris Johnson is a great back so far in his early career, but if we continue to give up these type of yards to other teams then we are going to have some issues.  Please share your opinions.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Ham and eggers played the whole second half.   They were garbage yards against our second string.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Laurence Maroney ran for nearly the same amount of yards as chris johnson.. i'm not worried about it.  Look at the conditions, not exactly ideal for defenders trying to change directions to go after a running back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Yeah I just checked the stats and it in large part of two big runs.  1 for 40yrds in the 2nd qtr and 45yrds in the 3rd.

I was a little concerned because Ray Rice put up good numbers against us due to big runs.  Miami has a great running game and thats my concern.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

White was injured and Johnson had very few carries. As stated on another thread my main concern is with teams that can run the ball very well, especially within our division (eg: Jets and Dolphins). Now , teams will want to keep Brady and the offense off the field for as long as possible by pounding the rock.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I am not worried at all....You do know that when a team is up by a ton of points, the other team is usually going to throw the ball more....I am betting that the Pats had their pass D plays called during some of those big run plays.....

And I don't care if an opposing RB has 1,000 yards in a game against us....as long as his TD total is 0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I thought we did fairly well against the run so far, but we have given up big plays thats allowing teams to rack up the yards.  We are allowing over 100yrds a game on the ground.  I think that has to do with these big plays.  Miami is known for having big run plays this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

Teams will have to run the ball to beat us.   If Brady is back to his old self, this team will start to score more often.   Edelman and Brady seem to be finding each other.  The offense looks potent.

Keeping Brady off the field will be their only chance.  

It's going to make for an exciting season.   It should be interesting.  

Personally, I like this defense.  They're alot faster than they have been.  

I have faith that Belichick will come up with scemes to shut teams down.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Tennessee did what?:
    [QUOTE]White was injured and Johnson had very few carries. As stated on another thread my main concern is with teams that can run the ball very well, especially within our division (eg: Jets and Dolphins). Now , teams will want to keep Brady and the offense off the field for as long as possible by pounding the rock.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

I would be more concerned with Brees and Manning. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Mighty. Agreed, but then you are discussing the two (arguably) best offenses in the NFL. Hopefully by the time we play them Brady & Co. are rolling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Our young linebackers are getting caught out of position a little to often.

Mr Say Ow will coach them up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

great points everybody....yeah by the time we play indy and NO we should already know what type of team we are.  The offense should be good to go and the D is shaping up very nice.

I like the fact that BB put Butler in there.  I think he has been doing a great job with the reps that he's been getting.  Who was starting opposite of him yesterday?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bend but don't break. 

We are the 3rd best defense on points allowed in the NFL. That should teach you a thing or two about Belichick's defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]It was indeed a great win last night for the pats fans yesterday.  But in the midst of all the celebration did we forget about how poorly we played.  If you dont believe me check the stats.  We gave up nearly 200yrds rushing against this Titans team.  Yes, they played pathetic and uninspired football, but they did manage to expose one of our weaknesses.  Chris Johnson is a great back so far in his early career, but if we continue to give up these type of yards to other teams then we are going to have some issues.  Please share your opinions.

Played poorly?  Are you for real, Mr. Poster who is new today?  Leon?

I watched a shut-out, five turnovers forced and (-7) passing yards allowed.  I don't care if they give up 400 yards rushing if they also give up zero points.  This is one of the most dominant wins by any team over any team ever witnessed in the NFL and you claim they played "poorly".  You think poorly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Ouch. He sure spanked you on that one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Yes, run defense is indeed a concern - however, in these conditions, the RBs should have a big game - and they did. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We play Indy and NO on the road, in domes.  Granted, Brady is historically pretty good in the dome, but the Indy and NO speedy defenses are built for the dome too.  We can't count on Brady having much time at all in the pockett, and if Maroney runs like he did yesterday, their speedy D's will be all over him instead of slipping around in the snow while he practices figure skating.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Let me reprase myself...our run defense has given up big plays....Pats are ranked 20th in the league allowing 112.8 yards a game.  I believe its mostly big yard plays. 

We will know how good our run defense is when we play Miami.  But you are right, as long as they are not allowing the points that is the most important stat.

Either way its a great win.  -7 yard passing...beyond outstanding.

I dont know who leon on is, but im not him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Sorry.  You will get to know him and know why I jumped that route, LOL.

I do agree that in this season the tackling has been a weak point, but yesterday could be attributed to two things: Conditions and coaching.

The snow/slush made it hard for either team to catch RBs on the long runs.  I like Maroney for some skills, but I am not convinced by his stats yesterday that he would have had such a game on dry land.  It happeened to have helped the Titans' RBs, too.

The Pats knew they were going to be pass-happy on the  Titans' back-up DBs, despite the weather (I did not).  So they were OK with giving up time-munching ground yards, figuring the weak Titans would be playing from behind.  Why let them pass and catch-up, which has happened twice in Pats losses?  Force them to earn drives the hard way and trust that your D can make a play along the drive, which is what happened.

I agree with you that the Dolphins games will tell the true story of the Pats' run D.

Sections
Shortcuts