Terrell Owens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Terrell Owens

not much i really have to say for this one..just a thought..no doubt it would be VERY difficult for defenses with him and moss on the field together..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Terrell Owens

True, it's too bad he's bat sh*t crazy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

ah no! we have plenty of talented WR and many rookie who would love playing time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

No, we have plenty of WR and now TE threats; the issue is not adding someone else (especially Moss who will upset the balance with Moss and the team) but rather in shoring up other vital areas (pass rush, RB, OL) with our limited 53 man allotment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

NO. 

Edelman, Hernandez, Holt, Price, Gronkowski, and Crumpler. These are all new WRs/TEs that Brady needs to feed the ball. We don't need a receiver who needs to have the ball all the time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

No offense meant, but I don't think he could beat out Holt. So though he's been productive throughout his career the competition in Patriots camp will be intense enough without his presence! Thay already have 12 Receivers scheduled too arrive at just the mini camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Owens has talent but he would destroy the chemistry of the team.......his track record speaks for itself.........a qb hasn't pleased him yet..Brady would be no different...........I say pass but stranger things have happened........Plus Welker just might be the ace in the hole no one planned for......

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

They added Holt.  That's their move.  They don't need another veteran WR that doesn't play any special teams.  Especially one with a questionable attitude.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm pleased with the WR core they have now. I agree with others that Torry Holt is the key addition. He's only a few months older than Moss and he's been in the NFL one less year than Randy. The competition will be crazy with all the young guys coming in to camp this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I think Shenan said it best, "he's bat sh*t crazy". Therefore don't want or need him!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It's all about the circus that follows T.O..  It's all about him.  I love me some me or some sort of nonsense.  He is a distraction and that's why the Pats will not bring him aboard.  There are just certain atheletes that the Pats stay away from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Your point is well taken, garytx, but how much of that "I love me some me" did you actually get when he was in Buffalo last season?

The truth is, this guy is done as a sideshow, and I'd be willing to bet he knows it.

He was a distraction the last time the Pats won the Super Bowl, and in case you've forgotten, he was just about the only Eagle who came to play for 60 minutes that night.

I don't want Owens on the Pats.

He's done, and anyone who is paying any attention at all should be able to see that.

But I will give TO his props.

He wasted his talent trying to be the "focus," but that doesn't mean he couldn't play.

What he once could do will probably get him a job somewhere, but I would be very surprised it if was with the Pats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

C'mon man , you need to put more effort into your threads than that. Anyway ... I've never been a " Owens guy " , probably because Moss has been my favorite player since I saw him tear up Ball St. for 5 TD's in college. LOL Theres two types of people in the world , " Moss guys " / " Owens guys ". And Im absolutely a Moss guy! I actually think it could work , but not now , not w/ Holt in the picture. I really believe that Owens is done w/ his B.S. I think he see's that the end is near and this is absolutely his last shot. Especially when you consider the fact that only 2-3 teams have shown minor interest in him. I have always believed that guys like him crave structure and stability. When they dont get it they go off on their own and do their own thing. Randy Moss was never half as bad as Owens , but did have problems towards the end of his time in Minnesota. Why , because Tice had no idea what he was doing at all. He let the inmates take over the jail. Then he announced to the world that he was going to send Randy on 2-3 go routes a quarter. Great idea , but why go on Larry King and tell the world? Again , no way Id bring him on now , but I do think it could've worked. I believe Owens would have taken a back seat to Moss , just like he said he would have done w/ OCHO if the Bengals picked him up. You dont come to the Pats and think your running the show. Theres one boss-man and everyone that plays for the Pats , everyone around the league for that matter , knows this is BB's show. Moss would have been the number one playing flanker and Owens would be 2B playing in the X position. A WR position that we've needed for years now. Even in his older years Owens is a threat and a Moss/Welker/Owens WR corp. could have been special. Anyways , I feel just as good about a Moss/Welker or Edelman/Holt WR corp. Having a good WR playing the X position can make all the difference in the world and Holt has shown he can still play at a high level. I cant wait until week 6-8 when Welker is healthy and we can get all 3 on the field at the same time. This upcoming Pats team wont ready to go until then and thats not a bad thing. Give the 2nd year guys and rookies a chance to get their feet under them and get one of our best players back. Im hoping having such a brutal schedule will help prepare us for a big post-season run!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Terrell Owens:
    Your point is well taken, garytx, but how much of that "I love me some me" did you actually get when he was in Buffalo last season? The truth is, this guy is done as a sideshow, and I'd be willing to bet he knows it. He was a distraction the last time the Pats won the Super Bowl, and in case you've forgotten, he was just about the only Eagle who came to play for 60 minutes that night. I don't want Owens on the Pats. He's done, and anyone who is paying any attention at all should be able to see that. But I will give TO his props. He wasted his talent trying to be the "focus," but that doesn't mean he couldn't play. What he once could do will probably get him a job somewhere, but I would be very surprised it if was with the Pats.
    Posted by p-mike

Point taken.  He may know his antics have got to stop in order for a team to pick him up.  And yes, I do remember that SB.  He tore the Pats up.  I also agree with you that the guy is spent, done.  I argued that point last year when Buffalo picked him up. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Venis-De-Milo Owens needs to find his hands first before he becomes a threat.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Should we 'stir' the SOUP again on TO ? LOL. 

I know he is a jerk -etc. But a ONE Year DEAL - no nonsense contract may do it.  (They did this with Moss / Stallworth a couple yrs ago)....I'm just saying...MOSS on one side / Owens on the other - this will create problems for defensive teams and of course gives brady another weapon.

*ALSO, FROM A WR standpoint:* What happens if HOLT or MOSS gets HURT??? (we already know Welker coming back from knee surgery) - and the rest are rookies and not sure what we got IF injuries do happen. 

Just wanted to toss this out there.  The Pats have been ONLY signing guys for ONE yr deals Anyway due to the Foggy CBA next march.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

terrible idea - it would neglect our entire offseason of getting rid of problem/cancer players. TO is the posterboy of locker room problems. Hes also the poster boy for Dropped Passes. How fast our fans would bash him on WEEI or on these blogs for dropping critical 3rd down passes or even 4th down attempts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

you can never have enough good talent.and added depth is a good thing.dont know when welker will be 100 percent.holt is good,patten is over the hill,and many un-proven rookies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Sounds like some of the same arguments that were around when they signed Moss?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have but one word in response to the TO suggestion:  nof**k*nway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

no ones picked up by now, that pretty much sends a message. your services are not needed anywhere in the NFL.