TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable:
    Did somebody say Spygate?  Now there's a worthy offseason topic.
    Posted by underdoggg

Stop it.

Just stop it.

Bad dogg(g).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombdog. Show bombdog's posts

Bjesuss 

U really need to get some new material u sound like a broken record. Lets look at the fact the Pats won three Superbowls and they won them on the field. They did this through having superior players and coaching. The spygate stuff is all crap. Now lets look at the Jets no superbowls since Joe Willy. Come out of your mothers basement and maybe try getting a job.I bet guys beat you up in school and took your lunch money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Bjesuss  U really need to get some new material u sound like a broken record. Lets look at the fact the Pats won three Superbowls and they won them on the field. They did this through having superior players and coaching. The spygate stuff is all crap. Now lets look at the Jets no superbowls since Joe Willy. Come out of your mothers basement and maybe try getting a job.I bet guys beat you up in school and took your lunch money.
    Posted by bombdog
    They didn't have to beat him up he gave it to them voluntarily. He's a disgruntled Jests fan,if I were a Jests fan I'd be more than disgruntled. I think a couple of years ago I suggested they change their name to the Ineptitudes but they rejected that notion because the prefered Bums!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : More mouthcrap from Rusty, "No NFL team has their staff raided at this rate or loses players at this rate"  I don't suppose you have one bit of information to back that up.  We'll go ahead and add it to the list of stupid things you want to be true but just are not.  Here's one for you.  In the history of morons like yourself posting to sports forums, nobody has used the word 'fear' more than you. Why are you so afraid? Every year you children want to beleive that the Pats are either underdogs, have bene disrespected, didn't get enough props from the press, or have some other stupid reason that will be an extra motivation to try to win a game.  What you are saying is that these NFL players, who mkae millions of dollars, regularly don't try real hard, don't practice long hours, don't watch film till late in the night until there is some mystical reason that suddenly motivated them to really want to win.  Let's just say that were true, what's wrong with BB that he can't get the best out of his players all the time?  Again, let's just say this were all true, as long as Tom Brady is QB, no one is overlooking the Patriots.  He is the reason for their success. 
    Posted by bjesuss

Further - as for the player/coach raiding, true or not, when a player leaves and fails, it is hailed as just another example of the fact that BB gets the most out of his players through his coaching and system.  Doesn't the same go for the coaches who have left as well? 

As of today, who on the coaching staff or front office (save Dimitroff) has had success elsewhere?  No one.  Thus, by the patriot fan philosophy, these coaches must also be no good.  It is Belichick. 

Or - as Bjeuss has suggested - it is Tom Brady.  And, I'll add a little to that it was also core of defensive players that are no longer there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : Dog(gg) smells bone.
    Posted by underdoggg

Sit, UD, Sit.....LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : A rules violation does notuate to a scientific advantage nor is there intent shown to deceive in this case. A corked bat is cheating.  Steroids are cheating.  Those are distinct scientific advantages. Not being provided a location to your film the game by the home team or not asking for the spot is not cheating, especially when the act is legal and New England is being filmed as well. Good god. You get dumber by the moment. Bill Belichick is one of the best coaches, if not the greatest coaches of all time in any sport.  He's arguably the greatest defensive mind ever. He's taken down some of the greatest offenses in the history of the NFL as a head coach and defensive coordinator, in both eras (cap and pre cap). His exhibitions against HOF QBs are stuff of legend. Whether it's shutting down Joe Montana's 49ers multiple times on the way to a SB or Egghead Manning's finesse Colts teams, he is unmatched. He's been to SEVEN Super Bowls, by far and way the most, and has 5 Super Bowl rings, the most of any coach ever. Pretending the secret to winning is plopping a 24 year old intern onto a field and filming a game is hilarious and makes you looke like a goober who never played sports, which we know you didn't. Good luck in summer school this year.
    Posted by russgriswold

Don't waste your time arguing with the trolls Russ. I know it's kind of like a car crash where you don't want to look but for some reason you have to but it's always the same arguments with every troll.The worst thing you can possibly say to a troll is absolutely nothing at all.If they aren't a Patriots fan it doesn't particularly matter what they think.Just kick back and when the Pats beat the teams you can start ripping away. Also who cares if the Parts "cheated?"
    Every team does what it can to gain a competitive advantage. If I got my @zz kicked by the Pats for as long as every team did last decade I'd make up any excuse I could too to make myself feel better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

And filling the role of arrogant, jack-@$s Pat fan this year is...Russ!  Don't worry, the script around here calls for many such bit players, so everyone can stay.  I particularly like this gem:

"Not arrogance at all.  And they weren't good enough, but if you can't see what is going on here, I can't help you or anyone else.  Your vision has become blurred or you follow what the anti-Pats media feeds you. Finally, take a look at their 2009 draft, this one and then 2 1st rders and 2 2nd rders next year. Do you know how quickly a team can become really good in the NFL if you hit on drafts?  The 2007 NY GIants had a GREAT draft."

Ignoring the log in his own eye that is clearly blurring his own vision, he has the poor salemanship to tout the Pats' drafts?  Good Lord!  Four second round picks last year, and the only decent player ya came out with was Vollmers?  BB is a master trader...his ability to stockpile 2nd round picks is legendary.  But he's going to need to hit on a better than 25% of those picks if he wants to improve his team significantly.  (Cue the cries of "Brady was a 6th rounder" and "we got Edelman late in the draft".)  But, Russ can just call everyone "kid" and spout his patented brand of fustian, and complain about the refs again when the Colts come into the Razor and beat the Pats again this year...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : If filming is legal, what exactly is the advantage gained? Even Goodell said there was no advantage gained. Over to you, counselor.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, I'll be happy to further discuss this issue.  First I ask, can you provide a source for your statement that Goodell said their was no advantage gained from the taping of defensive signals from the sideline?   

It just seems to me that such a statement does not fit with this statement from him:

“This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” the commissioner wrote in a letter to the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

patriots nation

"we are insecure about our success, forgetful about our losing, and pray to the statue of BB and kraftie and anyone with a disparaging remark may rot in atlanta for all eternity"

-amen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : Videotaping 101.  Jets coach Eric Mangini says the Jets have regularly shot tape from both end zones at home and on the road since Mangini's arrival last season. They also give permission to do likewise to any visiting team at Giants Stadium, Mangini said. “We do it every (game), regardless of playoff (or) preseason, just like we do it every day in practice," Mangini said. “It's not really that big a deal. In fact NFL's Greg Aiello on the Jets taping from the Patriots mezzanine: "It is not uncommon for visiting team video crews to request permission to shoot coaching video from both upper end zone positions," spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an email . "Home clubs must provide visiting clubs with equal vantage points for the taping of games. Teams typically shoot coaching video from one upper 50-yard line location and one upper end zone location, but there are no restrictions on shooting from both upper end zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams. No permission is needed from the league office ." "Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game." I'd have to dig up the Goodell press conference, but he said it THREE times when asked by the media. That's a fact.  
    Posted by russgriswold

What does taping the game from the endzone have to do with taping signals from the sidelines?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Coaches are on the sidelines.  Pats violated a rule based on WHERE the cameraman was even though it had never been addressed before, which means the NFL didn't know its own rule, apparently. But, since filming is legal, the act provides no advantage.  Teams filmed NE not only under BB's reign, but for years prior to that? DO you think I care or any Pats fan cares? A better questions, not one NFL fan even knew of this procedure this whole time, so why do you pretend you know more than Chuck Knox, Bill Parcells or Jimmy Johnson? All 3 said they used the proceudre when they wanted to for scouting purposes. Legally. Wouldn't it be easier to say "no filming of any kind on game days by any team personnel anywhere in the stadium" if it were "illegal"??? Umm, yeah, I think it would be. Case closed, Einsteins.
    Posted by russgriswold

so if everyone cheats...then its ok? gotcha...russgriswold, advocating for anarchy in football since 1978!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable :   When you act 12, I'll address you as such. All they got was Vollmer in Round 2? Really?  You do realize Vollmer was rated as a top 10 pick after last season's rookies played, correct? Many pundits had him as a 1st rd talent that went in Round 2. I call people "kid" when they are clueless and don't do their homework. Good day.
    Posted by russgriswold

Hey, I gave the team credit for Vollmers (and I think it's hysterical that that's the pick that the draft "experts" thought was a reach immediately following the draft).  But as the culmination of many brilliant trades, the pay-off last year was three busts and Vollmers.  (Okay, Butler is merely "disappointing" thus far, but things don't look good for that pick.)  Essentially, last year yielded you a good, solid OT, a developmental slot receiver with promise, and a long-snapper.  Other than that, the draft stunk.  Yeah, Prior gained playing time, but earning playing time at a position of weakness is hardly an accomplishment.  It's funny seeing you be all c0ckah0op about last year's draft as you're talking down to a 'phin fan, when the Pats haven't had a good draft in years.  It's also funny to hear you say that others are acting like they're 12 - you seem to really like hurling invectives and making ad hominem attacks...something I would expect from your below average 12 year old. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : Explain how a legal practice that is provided by the NFL "cheating" or how a camera position in relation to a coach, albeit not allowed, equates to an advantage? Ever notice that NE only filmed from the sideline on the road?? Hmm.  Maybe that's because teams weren't providing them with the specified location. How can it be illegal when Pitt gave Walsh a spot across their bench, up high, during the 2001 AFC Title game?  You think if this was so egregious and knowingly illegal, how can a road team, in broad daylight, have a camera man sitting there on a platform for 3 hours? You can capture whatever you want from any specified location during a game. At least that is what was always allowed. Not anymore, since Goodell apparently does not want teams filming anything outside the panning of the field itself.  This is why he said the league would perform random checks of tapes after games. lol Good thing the sherrif is in town as he tries to polish up the league to sell it overseas! Christ, some of you are dumb. Basically, it';s ok for teams to have filmed NE, but when NE did it legally, it wasn't ok. Yup, good thing you trolls make sense. One set of rules for 31 teams, one more set for NE.
    Posted by russgriswold

really? honestly? is this what you tell yourself before you go to sleep at night?

he was caught, he was fined, and docked a pick...look im not that guy who takes it away from the players but BB is trash and no, there is no conspiracy against the patriots and you thinking so makes you so ridiculously paranoid...i mean did ricky sell off the rest of his stash to you or something? do you get the munchies out of nowhere?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I just figured the trolls were drop outs living in momas basement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Umm, did you see the Yahoo report about the kiddies being let down yesterday at a school in Connecticut?  As predicted, the reason why players did not show up was a lie with important facts purposely left out. Same thing with Spygate.  The media did not report certain things to tailor the story a certain way.  Why weren't Denver Broncos fined as badly as the Patriots, when Denver moved Elway and Terrell Davis's contracts off the books, paid them one salary for the year, and then paid them out what they were owed after the season in 1997 and 1998, falsifying documents and hence literally skirting the salary cap? Care to answer that one, hotshot? They did this two years in a row, which enbaled them to sign key complementary free agents like Darien Gordon and Ray Crockett, to name two players. You know no one cared and they were only docked a 3rd rd pick and a small fine with no witch hunt, for clearly having a salary cap advantage?   Because when that audit was completed Denver was rebuilding and Elway and Davis were retired.    NO ONE CARED. Denver was not a threat in 2001. How can any educated human try to spin to anyone on this planet that an incorrect location of LEGAL video scouting is somehow more egregious than calculating a way to provide for higher end free agents that 31 other teams cannot? NE is held to a different standard, plain and simple.  They are the envy of the league then and now.  PERIOD. People either admit how jealous they are or they don't. CASE CLOSED. I have no problems with BB being fined or the team losing a pick, but the severity of it is outrageous for such a simple violation. Also, how does one get "caught" doing something legal and in broad daylight? Deception is needed to get "caught" at something, Einstein. When are you trolls going to attend summer school this year? First session or second?
    Posted by russgriswold

and it was clarified on yahoo sports as to why the "snub" happened in the first place...

not exactly proving your point there chief but hey, whatever

im over spygate and i give all the credit in the world to the players who were on those teams because they had to go out and fight and win the game and not hide behind a hoody and post-game ramblings

as for the broncos being over the cap? i dont fault the players but i think it tarnishes the legacy of shannahan and what his team accomplished because they failed to do on a completely level playing field

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : Pats haven't had a good draft in years? Sure about that?  2005, 2007, 2009 and 2010 look pretty good to me. Using 4 picks in 2007 to secure Meriweather, Welker and Moss was the fleecing of the decade.
    Posted by russgriswold

You are truly dizzying, Russ!  I love how you respond to the part that I didn't criticize.  I clearly complimented BB's ability to trade.  I knew the Welker trade was brilliant as soon as I heard about it, and I really thought the Pats would never get any good production out of Moss.  I was very wrong about the latter (obviously), but the fact remains that BB has not been very good at evaluating college talent for quite a while.  Interesting you'd bring up Meriweather, since he is a major disappointment.  While not a total bust, he's a below average safety to be sure.  And that's the only drafted player you cared to point out.  In fact, in that particular draft the Pats had nine selections, and ONE made the active roster.  That's poor drafting no matter how deep the roster may be.  (And the roster hasn't proven to be too deep in recent years.)  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : Russ, I'll be happy to further discuss this issue.  First I ask, can you provide a source for your statement that Goodell said their was no advantage gained from the taping of defensive signals from the sideline?    It just seems to me that such a statement does not fit with this statement from him: “This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” the commissioner wrote in a letter to the team.
    Posted by underdoggg

The Patriots did not owe their success to the taping of defensive signals.  If you will recall, after they were caught and fined, the team proceeded to reel off seventeen straight victories, in the process setting a new record for points scored in a season.  No doubt every move they made that season was closely scrutinized by the NFL and by other teams, so there was nothing illegal about any of those wins.  It seems pretty clear that they did not in fact gain anything from the taping. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: TE's will make Pats versatile and unstoppable : Russ, I'll be happy to further discuss this issue.  First I ask, can you provide a source for your statement that Goodell said their was no advantage gained from the taping of defensive signals from the sideline?    It just seems to me that such a statement does not fit with this statement from him: “This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,” the commissioner wrote in a letter to the team.
    Posted by underdoggg

This is what Goodell said at his press conference at Super Bowl XLII about the taping: "I think it probably had a limited effect, if any effect, on the outcome on any game."  He also pointed out that everyone tries to steal signals and everyone knows that and tries to guard against it.  You can read the transcript of the press conference on the NFL website at Ihttp://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d8066dfee&template=with-video&confirm=true

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNottingham. Show PatsNottingham's posts

Belicheck is brilliant.  For years he has tried to keep his tight ends and/or an extra lineman blocker to protect Brady and give him more time against pass rushing defenses, e.g the Jets.  Now with two pass catching tight ends in Gronkowski and Henandez, the outside linebackers are going to have to cover these guys and think twice about rushing.  This is a great strategy until Wes Welker comes back.  And once he does, the TE's will be flowing with the offense, and open things up that much more for Welker form getting double teamed and limiting the pounding he takes and allowing him a longer career.  During last year, the Jets could have an extra defensive back cover Welker or Edleman.  Now they will need a linebacker to cover the pass catching tight end.  Gronkowski is compared to Jason Witten and Hernandez more like Dallas Clark. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Belicheck is brilliant.  For years he has tried to keep his tight ends and/or an extra lineman blocker to protect Brady and give him more time against pass rushing defenses, e.g the Jets.  Now with two pass catching tight ends in Gronkowski and Henandez, the outside linebackers are going to have to cover these guys and think twice about rushing.  This is a great strategy until Wes Welker comes back.  And once he does, the TE's will be flowing with the offense, and open things up that much more for Welker form getting double teamed and limiting the pounding he takes and allowing him a longer career.  During last year, the Jets could have an extra defensive back cover Welker or Edleman.  Now they will need a linebacker to cover the pass catching tight end.  Gronkowski is compared to Jason Witten and Hernandez more like Dallas Clark. 
    Posted by PatsNottingham

thats all well and good in theory but lets let the rookies play first before comparing them to all-pros

besides...the pats arent winning anything until they learn how to effectively run the ball again

Sections
Shortcuts