Test - Dimitrioff

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Test - Dimitrioff

I just find it hilarious to see Pioli sitting next to Dimitrioff during this combine weekend with this look on his face like...damn, if I only had a QB like Bill B. or Dimitrioff I would be employed right now, instead the world is laughing at my fat face while I get ready to give my draft analysis with Deion Sanders. I can hear Pioli's insight into cornerbacks now..."I wasn't interested in 40's or drills, I just looked at...does the kid make his bed? Does he floss? If there was an emty gum wrapper on the floor, would the kid pick it up? Or would he walk right past it? That's what makes a great corner in my book".

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Don't quit your day job. Just keep pretending the jets disaster is a great cap situation.  Bawahah

Exposed again.  Another well respected gm supports me, not you, and you still thinkthere is no cap.

Christ, 30 minutes ago, Polian just said "the cap is designed to make it tough on good organizations."   Not to Hurlie!

Bawahah

Three intersting things here in your post...

1. You just praised Bill Polian (how does that feel?)

2.You just said..."Another well respected gm supports me". Uhm, yeah. Ahh, uhm, well you see there is no GMs reading this thread or agreeing with you, yeah hate to break that to you, little buddy. In fact if they could read it they would LOL at you all day long at your assessments of Tom Brady and Alex Smith. Also I'm sure they would get a real kick when you said you'd trade Brady after the Cardinal's game when he threw that pick. LOL!!

3. You mentioned the Jets...again. Asside from rkarp schooling you on the salary cap, no one has said the Jets have a "great cap situatuion". In fact all I've mentioned about the NFL salary cap is that it is fluid (which is fact) and that when a team that has a great QB who's window is closing it would be a good idea to spend to the cap and even mortgage just a tiny bit of your future for the chance to take advantage of the window that is closing. That's it -well I also point out the fact that there are boat loads of teams that have signed expensive free agents (used them), then cut them when they were through with them. And it didn't hurt.

But you keep up the good work, Lombardi is watching...nudge nudge, wink wink:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Don't quit your day job. Just keep pretending the jets disaster is a great cap situation.  Bawahah

Exposed again.  Another well respected gm supports me, not you, and you still thinkthere is no cap.

Christ, 30 minutes ago, Polian just said "the cap is designed to make it tough on good organizations."   Not to Hurlie!

Bawahah

2.You just said..."Another well respected gm supports me". Uhm, yeah. Ahh, uhm, well you see there is no GMs reading this thread or agreeing with you, yeah hate to break that to you, little buddy. In fact if they could read it they would LOL at you all day long at your assessments of Tom Brady and Alex Smith. Also I'm sure they would get a real kick when you said you'd trade Brady after the Cardinal's game when he threw that pick. LOL!!

3. You mentioned the Jets...again. Asside from rkarp schooling you on the salary cap, no one has said the Jets have a "great cap situatuion". In fact all I've mentioned about the NFL salary cap is that it is fluid (which is fact) and that when a team that has a great QB who's window is closing it would be a good idea to spend to the cap and even mortgage just a tiny bit of your future for the chance to take advantage of the window that is closing. That's it -well I also point out the fact that there are boat loads of teams that have signed expensive free agents (used them), then cut them when they were through with them. And it didn't hurt.

I think some of the future is already mortgaged. One day all the money that Brady is owed will come due. When he retires I bet we have a bunch of dead money for a couple years. Brady retiring could hurt the Pats more then if his skills diminished and he still played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I think some of the future is already mortgaged. One day all the money that Brady is owed will come due. When he retires I bet we have a bunch of dead money for a couple years. Brady retiring could hurt the Pats more then if his skills diminished and he still played.

Brady is only under contract for 2 more seasons?  What?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty give up on the Alex Smith thing.  He threw 5 ints in 9 games.  Over the same 9 game sample Brady threw 3 and of course he threw a lot more passes as evidenced by the fact that he led the league in INT% again.  Alex Smith is not better than Tom Brady at anything.  He never has been.  He never will be.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Bawahah

Actually, acknowledging Polian as a source after he was a GM for 6 SB teams and two different organizations is merely sourcing an industry vet who can speak on the topic. I said he was overrated, BB was better, and proved why.

So, you lose with that deflection attempt.

Next, for your second deflection attempt, any QB throwing less INTs per game, whether it be Alex Smith or someone else, and if they are throwing less than Brady's rate, then they are. LOL. Facts hurt trolls.

Finally, the fact the Jets have to trade Revis (or Cromartie), after not even attending a SB, drafting busts left and right, overpaying many FAs on the market, and you and he STILL saying that's not cap hell is utterly moronic.

It's the equivalent of BB having to trade Brady, our best player, because he made so many mistakes along the way, budgeting, drafting, developing players, etc. 

In fact, what's comical about that notion and you being a hypocrite is the fact that if that was true (BB needing to trade Brady right now), you'd have BB strung up here relentlessly bashing him for it.

This makes you a hypocritical fraud to the nth degree, which we already knew, Cupcake.

Have a good this week? Bake anything new? bwahahaah

I love when you embarrass yourself, I really do.

Let's start with Polian - he mentions it's harder for winning organizations to stay competitive, correct? True, yes. Good, now what? Did he mention the Patriots were wise not to make a large splash in free agency while they had a once in a lifetime QB? Did he mention that the 7 million we didn't spend to the cap last year and the year before helped us win a Super Bowl? Because it didn't. To have signed a guy like...let's just a throw one of the big names out there from year's past....Peppers. Yeah, let's use Peppers. Peppers was too much money - couldn't be afforded...would put us in "Salary cap hell!!!!!". If we hadn't of made the absolutely stupid, dumb, ridiculous, backward, disturbing signing of Ocho Cinco, or Shaun Ellis, or Jonanthan Fenene...we could of fit Peppers under our cap when you take into account we haven't spent to the cap in two years. How old would Peppers be right now? 33? How many years into his contract would he be with us right now? Four? Five? We may of actually been able to pressure one of the quaterbacks that we lost to in the playoffs the last three years...and guess what? We could cut him now if we needed to.

As for the Alex Smith love...wow, just wow. So what you are saying is that Smith is better than Brady? Good for you...good luck with that.

As for your favorite topic the Jets. I'll say this (even though you like to twist it) - if we had went out and spent like them over the last three years we would of won a Super Bowl. We have Tom Brady and they have Sanchez. We have Belichick and they have Ryan. Case closed.  If we had their corners, there is no way Eli can win that game against us...none. Would we be cutting players left and right? Yup and it would of been well worth it to of had another Super Bowl. And if I'm a jet's fan I'm just glad that the team was relevant for the first time in 20 years. So what if they can't sign any big name free agents for a year, they went for it, they didn't get there, but what do you expect from the jets? This is perhaps one of the most depressing organizations in all of sports and they actually won for two years!

I think you are confused about some things, so let's clear it up. This is the way I feel about the NFL salary cap...it's the most fluid thing in all of sports, you can on occasion go all out to win a championship, you can cut players to get under the cap and if you plan it accordingly those players that will get cut will be of the old and washed up variety. I'm not saying - nor have I ever said - that you must spend like a wild maniac every year. What I'm saying is that I believe there was an oppurtunity for us to take a chance over the last 5 years to make a splash to improve the team - we didn't and as much as you won't admit it, it hurt us.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts