Re: Texans vs Patriots Game Thread

What a WIN!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

I am sure Babe and Mt Hurl will chime in with anger that this garbage time TD counts against NE's D.

I dont let them bother me Russ, they dont understand the game too well anyway.

But you do? LMAO

Dont bait me, too old of a cat to ucked by a kitten.

Get help.

What you know about the game could fit on the head of a pin and there would still be plenty of room for everybody who hates Rusty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Secondary looks much better, the pass rush got in Schaub's face enough to make him uncomfortable, did a decent job against the run, held Foster in check for the most part. Feel much better about this D than I did a year ago. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

raven denver game will be huge. 

as is teh colts - houston game as well

Denver will beat the Ravens

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wolfwood's comment:

hear that the fat lady is singing

:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

frigginn dumb loses to Arizona and Seattle.  Right now we would be looking at home field all the way to the final.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

Ridley now has 6 straight games with a rush TD and 10 rush TDs on the season.

i saw that too!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this is one of the most satisfying victories the pats have had in awhile imo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

D gets most improved. For sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

You think the rest of the NFL is sh!tting their pants now?

i am afraid the death star is fully operational and  design flaw with the exhaus tport has been taken care of

:) you two

:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

You think the rest of the NFL is sh!tting their pants now?

i am afraid the death star is fully operational and  design flaw with the exhaus tport has been taken care of

wheres teh gif for that :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to hang3xc's comment:

Aaaand... that's all she wrote ! HAHAHAHA !!! That was the best game all season. A clinic from start to finish. Did the offense spuuter for a whole 3 drives? Yeah, but apparently Josh knows how to make adjustments and didn't need our help, as well intentioned as it might be !!!

It doesn't end here either. Tomorrow will be fun on the radio and in the paper, plus a couple websites. This was spectacular

First rate performance by EVERYONE on D too

I feel like a little kid I'm so stoked !

exactly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

frigginn dumb loses to Arizona and Seattle.  Right now we would be looking at home field all the way to the final.

Don't forget the Ravens. Dumb replacement refs blew ther FG miss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

How many yards does Ridley have tonight? I'm guessing around 70.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

dennard left with leg injury i just heard.

we really need dennard and talib

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Balance is not only about 50/50 run/pass, which some seem to miss the point.  Did they not set up play action well tonight despite some modest gains on the ground?

Absolutely

But it is always about reps to you. 

You are now making MY point. 

33 passes, 19 runs, 8 by 3rd down backs, one by a QB. That is less "running" than they did against the Jets through 3.5 quarters in the playoffs three years ago, and you howled, and howled, and howled about that game. 

The difference is the Texans CARE about what Ridley can do, whereas the Jets didn't care what BJGE would do, and the only reason he got any yards was because defenses just didn't care. 

It's NOT about balance ... it's about the threat of the running back not the run. Good runners who scare defenses make teams pay attention. Mediocre and bad running backs do not. And not every team requires "running a lot" to win. AS you posted yourself ... Brady is sick against the blitz ... and as I said early on this week, teams that blitz a lot are why the spread was invented .... it neutralizes the blitz.

The number of times you run is practically irrelevant to the effectiveness to the PA pass. The quality of the runner backing that PA is. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Incredible effort.  They are officially better than last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Man they have let mayo be agressive this game!

exaclty what i was hoping for and wrote about in the offseason and after the talib acquisition

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Balance is not only about 50/50 run/pass, which some seem to miss the point.  Did they not set up play action well tonight despite some modest gains on the ground?

Absolutely

33 passes, 19 runs, 8 by 3rd down backs, one by a QB. That is less "running" than they did against the Jets through 3.5 quarters in the playoffs three years ago, and you howled, and howled, and howled about that game. 

The difference is the Texans CARE about what Ridley can do, whereas the Jets didn't care what BJGE would do, and the only reason he got any yards was because defenses just didn't care. 

It's NOT about balance ... it's about the threat of the running back not the run. Good runners who scare defenses make teams pay attention. Mediocre and bad running backs do not. And not every team requires "running a lot" to win. AS you posted yourself ... Brady is sick against the blitz ... and as I said early on this week, teams that blitz a lot are why the spread was invented .... it neutralizes the blitz.

The number of times you run is practically irrelevant to the effectiveness to the PA pass. The quality of the runner backing that PA is. 

Absolutely wrong. We are 6th in the league in rushing attempts proving that just because you have a great QB doesn't mean you shouldn't run. The 1st runs of the game lead to amazing play action play calls that left guys WIDE OPEN. Didn't you coach football? Are you seriously ttrying to sell us that we need top 5 RB's n order to use the run game? hey have you noticed BJGE is 11th in the LG in rushing? C'mon brother, we were a one dimensional offense last year and didn't need to be. The Texans are the best run defense in football, having let up 1 game with a rushing td..,..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i dotn wanna see 3 series with 3 (and in a row no less) and out in the playoffs/super bowl

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

This has been great, but thanks to that PUTRID loss to Arizona, we still need help to avoid playing these guys in Texas come PS.

+1

all 3 were putrid game calling/ mgt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I have to admit, Suzy Kolber is looking pretty good lately. She used to look kinda butchy. She aint no mo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

dennard left with leg injury i just heard.

we really need dennard and talib

Why do they have to lose at least one key player every week?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Absolutely

Absolutely wrong. We are 6th in the league in rushing attempts proving that just because you have a great QB doesn't mean you shouldn't run. The 1st runs of the game lead to amazing play action play calls that left guys WIDE OPEN. Didn't you coach football? Are you seriously ttrying to sell us that we need top 5 RB's n order to use the run game? hey have you noticed BJGE is 11th in the LG in rushing? C'mon brother, we were a one dimensional offense last year and didn't need to be. The Texans are the best run defense in football, having let up 1 game with a rushing td..,..

No. I didn't say any of that. Why do you have to constantly put words in people's mouths. When did I say you need a top five RB to run the football?

I disagree that a.) NE was 1 dimensional last season. 

b.) You need to run the football in order to win. 

c.) That running BJGE more would have made a lick of difference in decisive losses. Getting Gronk back in the SB would have made a decisive difference. Welker and Brady connecting on a pass would have, Hern and Welk not have a few drops a piece, BJGE running better on his reps. That makes a differnce.

There is no "magic game plan" .... you win based on execution first ... 90% of football is execution. 

Why can't you just admit that instead of stubbornly trying to wriggle and wrangle around games that are anomalous to your "theory." Like this game ... ro the Ravens loss where they ran and ran and ran and still the defense collapsed. 

Here is what I say and I repeat most of these for the 100000th time.

1.) First and foremost. There is no magic game plan -- sometimes passing twice as much as you run is a good game plan. Sometimes running 45-50 of the time is a good game plan. It DEPENDS ON THE TEAM AND SITUATION. Balance for balance sake is just silly. If they ran 50% of the time in the first 3 quarters this week ... they would not have had all those points. The Texans can be thrown against and are hard to run against. It's about MATCHUPS. 

2.) Run pass balance is dictated by situtation not abstract and arbitrary ratios. You don't run on 3rd and 9 just to say you are balanced. 

3.) PA/misdirection etc gains effectiveness based on how good you are at selling it and how much of a threat your RB is to the defense. Running more ... but running terribly won't make defenders "bite".

4.) Running more does nothing to improve the defense, getting better defenders improve the defense. Better defense improves defense. 

5.) 90% of football is EXECUTION and gameplans minor changes (4 plays here or there) are meaningless compared to 4 plays poorly or well executed .... which creates a MAJOR swing. 

It's you that pushes your argument waaay past where it should end man. Running the football is not the sole deciding factor in whether a team wins or loses. And the number of times you run is usually based on the kind of situations you find yourself in rather than arbitary wishes of fans.

Sorry... I have coached and played. That's how it works dude. 

And for the record I love the improved (ie more effective, not more reps) running game .... but it is meaningless compared to how much an improved defense increases stands to increase their chances. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I am sure Babe and Mt Hurl will chime in with anger that this garbage time TD counts against NE's D.

unlike you mthurl is a pats fan and treats fellow "fan teammates" well

Sections
Shortcuts