1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Texans vs Patriots Game Thread

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Dennard playing like a #1 corner

thats a litlte rich. #2 i'll say

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

frigginn dumb loses to Arizona and Seattle.  Right now we would be looking at home field all the way to the final.

include balt., if you wath that game, we had no biz losing it (game claling/mgt)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Balance is not only about 50/50 run/pass, which some seem to miss the point.  Did they not set up play action well tonight despite some modest gains on the ground?

Absolutely

But it is always about reps to you. 

You are now making MY point. 

33 passes, 19 runs, 8 by 3rd down backs, one by a QB. That is less "running" than they did against the Jets through 3.5 quarters in the playoffs three years ago, and you howled, and howled, and howled about that game. 

The difference is the Texans CARE about what Ridley can do, whereas the Jets didn't care what BJGE would do, and the only reason he got any yards was because defenses just didn't care. 

It's NOT about balance ... it's about the threat of the running back not the run. Good runners who scare defenses make teams pay attention. Mediocre and bad running backs do not. And not every team requires "running a lot" to win. AS you posted yourself ... Brady is sick against the blitz ... and as I said early on this week, teams that blitz a lot are why the spread was invented .... it neutralizes the blitz.

The number of times you run is practically irrelevant to the effectiveness to the PA pass. The quality of the runner backing that PA is. 

"It's NOT about balance ... it's about the threat of the running back not the run. Good runners who scare defenses make teams pay attention. Mediocre and bad running backs do not. And not every team requires "running a lot" to win. AS you posted yourself ... Brady is sick against the blitz ... and as I said early on this week, teams that blitz a lot are why the spread was invented .... it neutralizes the blitz.

The number of times you run is practically irrelevant to the effectiveness to the PA pass. The quality of the runner backing that PA is. "

excactly the point z.

some of those who dont understand, and feel insecure abotu it, wil hate. and resort to childish namecalling

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

dennard left with leg injury i just heard.

we really need dennard and talib

Why do they have to lose at least one key player every week?

you mean 2.

hopefully its just  a temp ding forthem both (talib and dennard)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

From what I was able to watch, you guys absolutely dominated the game.  Nice Job. 

No disrespect, but you did get quite a bit of help from the refs, but I don't think it would have mattered otherwise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

LOL, True Champ is nowhere to be found after getting schooled by Zbellino

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

LOL, True Champ is nowhere to be found after getting schooled by Zbellino

He and Rusty are having their nightly tickle fight.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

From what I was able to watch, you guys absolutely dominated the game.  Nice Job. 

No disrespect, but you did get quite a bit of help from the refs, but I don't think it would have mattered otherwise.

Not as dominant as we were with the Colts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

1.) First and foremost. There is no magic game plan -- sometimes passing twice as much as you run is a good game plan. Sometimes running 45-50 of the time is a good game plan. It DEPENDS ON THE TEAM AND SITUATION. Balance for balance sake is just silly. If they ran 50% of the time in the first 3 quarters this week ... they would not have had all those points. The Texans can be thrown against and are hard to run against. It's about MATCHUPS.

I agree 100%. You have to play game plan football. This is why you trying to pound your chest about us winning and not using the run(after we established it leading to amazing play action production on the 1st drive) is foolish. You clearly show why any smart team would pass against a weak secondary and not run as much against a team that has DOMINATED the run. Oh btw we are 6th in the LG in rushing attempts, oh btw we lead the LG in rushing tds, and rushing 1st downs. Oh but this game shows us that you don't need a run game to win. Good one.

2.) Run pass balance is dictated by situtation not abstract and arbitrary ratios. You don't run on 3rd and 9 just to say you are balanced. 

Nobody ever said that. So I guess you are now the one making stuff up. I said running more against the 28th ranked run defense in the NY Giants was a GREAT situation to run.

3.) PA/misdirection etc gains effectiveness based on how good you are at selling it and how much of a threat your RB is to the defense. Running more ... but running terribly won't make defenders "bite".

Well we averaged 2.6 ypc in the 1st 3 qtrs so how was the play action working so well?? Whoops.

4.) Running more does nothing to improve the defense, getting better defenders improve the defense. Better defense improves defense.

Running more then you did when you were a heavy pass/finesse offense leads to better T.O.P and limits your propnesity for turnovers which puts your defense in a bad position,, but you being a coach would know that.

5.) 90% of football is EXECUTION and gameplans minor changes (4 plays here or there) are meaningless compared to 4 plays poorly or well executed .... which creates a MAJOR swing. 

Execution is a by-product of sound game planning and the ability to limit a defense's chances of stopping the play by guessing what it will be.....hence balance having an impact on a great offense....6th in the LG in rushing att's btw.

It's you that pushes your argument waaay past where it should end man. Running the football is not the sole deciding factor in whether a team wins or loses. And the number of times you run is usually based on the kind of situations you find yourself in rather than arbitary wishes of fans.

I've never said that. I said passing 135 att;s to 55 rushes in 3 straight losses to the Gints(2 Super Bowls) was not a good idea. And I said that running in the post season is still as important as it ever was, since the defense's are better...but we didn't so it.

Sorry... I have coached and played. That's how it works dude. 

And for the record I love the improved (ie more effective, not more reps) running game .... but it is meaningless compared to how much an improved defense increases stands to increase their chances.

Bill Belichick coaches and builds this defense. It has never been as bad as fans like you and babe have made it out to be, and whether it supports your argument or not it has been in rebuilding mode. If we were to win a SB in the last 5 years you and everybody else knows deep down that our offense was going to have to score more then 15.5 points per game... but a 90 pass to 35 run ratio in 2 losses didn't get that done.  Lets hope we have balance in the playoffs and utilize the skills of the best play ation QB to have ever walked the face of the earth

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

If we were in the wild, I would attack you. Even if you weren’t in my food chain, I would go out of my way to attack you! If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I’d swim out in the middle of the ocean and freakin EAT YOU! And then I’d bang your tuna girlfriend

[/QUOTE]

OK, first off: a lion, swimming in the ocean. Lions don't like water. If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that make sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot wave, I'm assuming off the coast of South Africa, coming up against a full grown 800 pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends, you lose that battle, you lose that battle 9 times out of 10. And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion. We've talked to ourselves. We've communicated and said 'You know what, lion tastes good, let's go get some more lion'. We've developed a system to establish a beach-head and aggressively hunt you and your family and we will corner your pride, your children, your offspring. 

[/QUOTE]

If your gonna quote Detective Alan Gamble at least give him props for the quote!

Sections
Shortcuts