Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Nearly every draft expert sees the Patriots selecting Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro as a replacement for Aaron Hernandez and insurance for Rob Gronkowski in May’s NFL draft."

http://nesn.com/2014/02/jace-amaro-is-patriots-pick-in-nearly-every-experts-2014-nfl-mock-draft/

heralded as Aaron Hernandez' replacement....

[/QUOTE]

My son has been talking about this guy for a couple weeks now, he was showing me youtube vids of this guy last night and man, I would love to see Jace as a Patriot!  He looks like a cross between Gronk and Hernandez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He's a riser, likely to be long gone prior to the Pats pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Taking him would be a mistake, so I expect BB to do it if he can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Not a mistake at all. My heart always wants D linemen with first round picks but it's hard to argue that a pass catching big TE is not high on the list.

I love the mock drafts but they don't mean much yet. The combine will give kids a chance to move up or down in the draft order depending on how they show at Indy.

The mocks after the combine really start to get fairly accurate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Functionally, he's an oversized slot receiver. Getting him to block from the OL will be a project, as he lined up at slot practically on every snap of his career. Lining him up, where Gronk usually is, does not help make the D expect a power run; they will know it's a pass play. Also, his toughness has not been tested as a blocker at the line. I don't mind it if they pick him.

I just prefer that if they pick him, they pick him to play the same role he excelled at. 

Personally, I prefer a TE who can help them be unpredictable at the line. Niklas is the best of that type of TE. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

If Nix, Tuitt or Hageman are there take them... if not, trade down into the 40s and get Niklas or ASJ then take Daquan Jones at 58

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a riser, likely to be long gone prior to the Pats pick.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I have seen Nix mocked to the Patriots a number of times.  Seems crazy to me, but man would that be sweet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have seen Nix mocked to the Patriots a number of times.  Seems crazy to me, but man would that be sweet.

[/QUOTE]

Dallas, KC and Green Bay are likely to snag Nix before us. He's predicted mid twenties, and not higher, as there is concern regarding his conditioning. Listed at 340 he's stated to be closer to 365. These guys get heavier as they age and his weight may get the better of him. I do agree that if he stays in shape he's a stud NT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes. nix, tuitt or hageman all i would take over amaro

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We have other far far more pressing priorities in the draft than TE. BB should take Lyerla in late rounds. He's 1st or 2nd round talent with unlimited upside that can be had for next to nothing. He will make the Dennard pick look like it was a bad deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

be nice, but he won't be around when Patriots pick, plus we need to fix the defense first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

be nice, but he won't be around when Patriots pick, plus we need to fix the defense first.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and the O-line could use some help, and the WRs. Lots of holes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

DT, OG, C, maybe a SS.

Still have the best TE in the NFL, don't need another inline TE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

DT, OG, C, maybe a SS.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with the first part, not the second. He's no good to the team when he is out. The O sputters when he is out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]

DT, OG, C, maybe a SS.

[/QUOTE]

When that best TE in the NFL doesn't show up for half the games, it's good to get another inline TE. I love Gronk, but if he gets injured again, you want Hooman/Mulligan to back him up? They're good blockers, but I'd rather have someone that will be a regular receiving threat in there as well. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Last two responses, how about we get a cheap vet or draft a TE in rounds 5-7, but don't waste a pick on a TE that may not see the field if Gronk stays healthy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Last two responses, how about we get a cheap vet or draft a TE in rounds 5-7, but don't waste a pick on a TE that may not see the field if Gronk stays healthy.

[/QUOTE]

Do you want a good TE or one that blows?  You wont see any good TE's in rounds 5-7.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ed Dickson and Scott Chandler would be cheap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you want a good TE or one that blows?  You wont see any good TE's in rounds 5-7.

[/QUOTE]

I want a DT, OG, C and a SS before I consider a TE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I want a DT, OG, C and a SS before I consider a TE.

[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with you for wanting those. In the round 5-7 range, the TE to watch out for is Crockett Gillmore.

Sections
Shortcuts