TFB needs to take a look in the mirror...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

TFB needs to take a look in the mirror...

i love this team and by no means am i writing them off, they are only 5 games in and there is plenty of time to get things turned around. we have seen it before, so i am not here to whine and push the panic button, but i do feel the need to voice my frustration about a few things...

first off, seems like more than i can ever remember brady is kinda crossing that fine line between being an intense fiery leader into the realm of being an arrogant whiny little spoiled brat. i have never seen him so routinely bitching and scowling at his teammates as if every mistake made out there is someone else's mistake and not his own (particularly the wideouts). sure he says all the right things in his press conferences, but his demeanor on the field many times already this season is getting old quick. fact of the matter is he is not playing that well himself, constantly overthrowing open guys and making the wrong reads. lately he has the touch of a blacksmith, and he got outplayed by kyle bleepin' orton of all people today.

i realize he is coming off of a major injury and long layoff and things take some time, but we are now 5 weeks in and he isnt even really showing marginal improvement yet. he needs to focus more on improving his own game and stop making excuses to himself, because thats what he is ultimately doing everytime he yells and glares and complains at his teammates when they make a mistake (while he is making PLENTY of his own). that being said, it's tom brady and of course i will always love the guy personally for all he has done for our team, but you dont win games on reputation alone you actually have to execute.

a few other observations...

why does it seem like our DB's are almost NEVER in position to make a play on the ball?? not only intercepting it occasionally, but hell just playing the wideouts a bit tighter and getting and hand on the ball and breaking up a play from time to time? seems like 99% of the time opposing wideouts have agood 2 or 3 yard cushion on almost every pass against us, granted they dont generally give up really big plays, but everytime you see a pats DB it's the back of his jersey chasing somebody down to make a tackle. other than leigh bodden's pick last week, we NEVER get a ballhawking play out of our secondary that can change the momentum of the game.

also, i know the mantra.."in bill we trust"..but has he finally overplayed his hand as far as his ability to just turn any inexperienced assistant into a viable coordinator?? the offensive gameplans and play-calling so far this season pretty much blows. very predictable and unimaginitive. tom brady and randy moss arent getting any younger, this is our window with this group and it will slowly keep closing as time passes...we dont have a few years for bill obrien's on the job training, hoping they can someday groom him to be the next josh mcdaniels or charlie weiss. we need to be trying to strike while the iron is hot and give ourselves the best possible chance to win right now, and i feel like bill is doing his team a disservice but not giving them a legitimate offensive coordinator that can maximize their abilities...just my 2 cents

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

Re: TFB needs to take a look in the mirror...

In Response to TFB needs to take a look in the mirror...:
    [QUOTE]i love this team and by no means am i writing them off, they are only 5 games in and there is plenty of time to get things turned around. we have seen it before, so i am not here to whine and push the panic button, but i do feel the need to voice my frustration about a few things... first off, seems like more than i can ever remember brady is kinda crossing that fine line between being an intense fiery leader into the realm of being an arrogant whiny little spoiled brat. i have never seen him so routinely bitching and scowling at his teammates as if every mistake made out there is someone else's mistake and not his own (particularly the wideouts). sure he says all the right things in his press conferences, but his demeanor on the field many times already this season is getting old quick. fact of the matter is he is not playing that well himself, constantly overthrowing open guys and making the wrong reads. lately he has the touch of a blacksmith, and he got outplayed by kyle bleepin' orton of all people today. i realize he is coming off of a major injury and long layoff and things take some time, but we are now 5 weeks in and he isnt even really showing marginal improvement yet. he needs to focus more on improving his own game and stop making excuses to himself, because thats what he is ultimately doing everytime he yells and glares and complains at his teammates when they make a mistake (while he is making PLENTY of his own). that being said, it's tom brady and of course i will always love the guy personally for all he has done for our team, but you dont win games on reputation alone you actually have to execute. a few other observations... why does it seem like our DB's are almost NEVER in position to make a play on the ball?? not only intercepting it occasionally, but hell just playing the wideouts a bit tighter and getting and hand on the ball and breaking up a play from time to time? seems like 99% of the time opposing wideouts have agood 2 or 3 yard cushion on almost every pass against us, granted they dont generally give up really big plays, but everytime you see a pats DB it's the back of his jersey chasing somebody down to make a tackle. other than leigh bodden's pick last week, we NEVER get a ballhawking play out of our secondary that can change the momentum of the game. also, i know the mantra.."in bill we trust"..but has he finally overplayed his hand as far as his ability to just turn any inexperienced assistant into a viable coordinator?? the offensive gameplans and play-calling so far this season pretty much blows. very predictable and unimaginitive. tom brady and randy moss arent getting any younger, this is our window with this group and it will slowly keep closing as time passes...we dont have a few years for bill obrien's on the job training, hoping they can someday groom him to be the next josh mcdaniels or charlie weiss. we need to be trying to strike while the iron is hot and give ourselves the best possible chance to win right now, and i feel like bill is doing his team a disservice but not giving them a legitimate offensive coordinator that can maximize their abilities...just my 2 cents
    Posted by sox148927[/QUOTE]

Welker is taking a beating out there.
    He is the only productive player on offense and looks like he's playing hurt.
    Welker can't do it by himself.
    Tom Brady is a mere shell of  what he used to be.
    He looks like Drew Bledsoe at the end of his career
     squeezing the football and making bad throws and bad decisions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

this is ridiculous...take a look at brady in the first game and brady now and its COMPLETELY different..he is overthrowing his targets on occassion and thats annoying..but to say he is a shell of wat he used to be? are you kidding? the offense looked outstanding in the first half. they didnt execute in the second half, thats why we lost. plain and simple. and dont think if we didnt get that ball in overtime we wouldnt of scored, cuz deep down you KNEW if we got the ball the game was over.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: TFB needs to take a look in the mirror...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TFB needs to take a look in the mirror... : I started noticing back in 07 Brady was becoming more intense with his receivers and snapping at them etc. I have the first three Pats superbowls on tape and when watching them, I don`t recall him ever snapping at branch, and brown etc? He looked more relaxed then, much more intense now. Kind of like me in fantasy football. All intense and yelling at my players! lol.
    Posted by SUZUKIGSXR[/QUOTE]Well ego is a terrible thing to have too live with.Tom has lost the fun aspect of the game,until he rediscovers it he'll press more and more...Tom has little or know reason to yell at any WR his throws for the most part today looked like he was rushing every throw and he didn't need to!
    The worst throw I ever saw Tom make was the one to Welker streaking over the middle by himself and Tom throws the ball into the ground behind him.For just a moment I thought he was throwing the game.He wouldn't be the first one to lose on purpose...Just a fleeting thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]this is ridiculous...take a look at brady in the first game and brady now and its COMPLETELY different..he is overthrowing his targets on occassion and thats annoying..but to say he is a shell of wat he used to be? are you kidding? the offense looked outstanding in the first half. they didnt execute in the second half, thats why we lost. plain and simple. and dont think if we didnt get that ball in overtime we wouldnt of scored, cuz deep down you KNEW if we got the ball the game was over.
    Posted by MossDude81[/QUOTE]

More like given how bad our defense was playing, i KNEW if we lost the toss it was over. And we did and it was. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Brady is finding out first hand that getting older stinks. Getting older and getting injured stinks even more. This happens to every athlete. The question is how will he adapt to this fact. Running around like an arrogant, whiny teenager will not solve the problem. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Tom Brady acts as if he's afraid of getting hurt again. Wes Welker is the best player on the Pat's offense. There's no excuse for the sorry play of Brady against the Broncos.

I wonder if the Bills will finish the season ahead of the Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Brady has never played particularly well against Denver, for whatever reason, and yesterday's predictably mundane effort was magnified by several glaringly bad passes in key situations that could have helped the Pats escape with a win. At the end of the first half, I had every reason to believe that the Pats would win going away, but they simply didn't show up for the second half. I guess you could say Denver made adjustments that hamstrung the Pats offense, but that's not really what it looked like to me. I didn't see Brady under any undue pressure when he was missing wide open Randy Mosses and Wes Welkers. Even many of the balls he completed were poorly thrown. I don't know how you can look at this and not see it as part of his recovery from knee surgery. The ball sailing on him is a direct result of poor mechanics -- not stepping into the throw properly -- and whether that is a psychological or a physical problem, it doesn't appear to be improving as the season progresses. That Brady was given the ball twice in the last five minutes with an opportunity to win the game -- and didn't -- is very troubling. It's not enough to simply say, "they didn't execute" and move on. Why were they unable to execute? And what indications are there that any of this will get better?

As for the defense, I'm beginning to think that looking too far into the future may be an exercise in futility, but I still don't believe Denver is an elite team, and if Kyle Orton is carving your defense (and high school gimmicks are confusing your coach) I shudder to think what Peyton Manning or Drew Brees might do to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

Orton outplayed Brady, and that's funny!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Sox, I concur with most of your assessments.  I think TB is frustrated at his own play and that of the team and that emotion is hard to control all of the time.  We need another receiver besides Moss, Welker and somtimes Edelman, that's where Galloway was supposed to fit in.  I wholly agree with your BB comment, look I like winning too, but BB has made some bad personell decisions, remember Duane Starks, I don't know if it's ego or what, but this defense is not good right now.  Let's face it, we have no linebacking group, besides Mayo.  That corp consists of Guyton (special teamer), Alexander/Woods (special teamers), A Thomas (doesn't bother showing up), Burgess (???), TB Cain (sometimes).  Throw in a few others and it's a joke.  The secondary is smoke and mirrors, took a flier on Bodden, maybe he'll be okay,  Springs was always injured at Washington and we got a couple of fill ins and rookies.  Got no one to rush the passer and the instructions to the defense is just don't get burned deep, keep everything in front of you.  BB needs to man up and take some/all of this responsibility and come clean with the fans.  We'll win our share of games this season, but don't be stupid to think we'll go far in the playoffs with this bunch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

All I know is he missed 2 more TD's his week and he is the reason we have 2 L's. Mosses throw was another gimme and he missed again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

[QUOTE]All I know is he missed 2 more TD's his week and he is the reason we have 2 L's. Mosses throw was another gimme and he missed again.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    Well said, and that was just this week's game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Not sure if a 30 to 40 yard pass is a gimme but I digress, he had him and he missed him by 2-3 feet.  It happens.  Welker continued his route while TB thought he was going to stop and he missed him for a sure touchdown.  It happens.  Soon, very soon, these passes will be completed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

How do you figure? Are they trading Brady?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DennisLamp. Show DennisLamp's posts

I completely agree. The golden boy is starting to go Dan Marino on his teammates whenever he perceives they messed up. Not what I'm looking for as a fan, especially when he's blown atleast 5 touchdowns in the 5 games all by himself. Here's hoping his play improves, along with his poor attitude. He could'nt drive his team for so much as a field goal in the second half, yet on several occasions you'd think he was free of blame based on his reaction in the moment.

Spare me the super polished post game TB, "we all need to get better".....blah blah.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Guys, Overall I think the Defense is performing pretty well. Could we use more of a pass rush..sure..could the DB's be playing better..sure...but at the end of the day, they have not let an opponent score more than 20 on us. If you told me 2 months ago that our offense could not hang 20 points on any D in this league, I would be shocked.

The problem is Brady is not sharp, and we desperately need a legit 3rd receiver. Due respect to Edelman and Aiken, but these guys are not exactly going to instill fear in any defense. If you take away Moss (which teams are starting to do now), the only threat we have is a slot receiver (Welker) who runs 5-15 yard routes. Not exactly big threat offense, and Wes is getting the heck kicked out of him. 

Note to BB..."PLease get us a legit 3rd receiver who actually played receiver in college, was productive and can take the load off of Wes and Randy". 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from therickster. Show therickster's posts

Couldn't agree more about Brady looking at his own flaws.  He seems to have a hard time admitting that he is the reason that the passes aren't being caught.  Kind of hard to catch a pass that is 5 feet over your outstretched hands or at the balls of your feet.  Maybe all of his timing will come back over the next couple of weak opponents but I too am getting tired of his facial expressions showing disgust and talking about receivers not running the correct routes.  Too early to get down on this bunch but I would also like to see more of a pass rush as this prevent defense for 60 minutes isn't working.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like our DBs better than last years, or even the year before with Asante.  We seem to play alot of "soft" coverage, and efficient passers (remember Chad Pennington carving us up?) do well against it.  It seems to be philosophy more than personnel.  Brady is showing exactly what Carson Palmer did first year back.  So maybe it gets better.  Yes, the attitude is kind of annoying from Tom.  I think Edelman looks good, love Welker, like Moss ok.  Need more from Baker/Watson.  And I can tell a Patriots run EVERY TIME.  So can the other team.  Would like to see more aggressive play on D, less bend but dont break. But we did hold them to 17 points in regulation play.  It's Denver, I lived very close by and that air does take alot of time to get used to.  Don't laugh, its thin enough so cooking instructions/ingredients need to changed there.  So over the course of a game, the team thats getting less oxygen is at a disadvantage.  But mostly I think we scheme a bit timidly.  P.S.  Obviously, Orton isn't quite the clown everyone thought.  When the cutler thing happened, I knew McD would rather have a precise short throw QB than a long ball, improvising one.  Looks like he got what he wanted, and mad Chicago PAY him for it.  LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

P.P.S.  I owe Tom Brady 3 superbowls.  He can pretty much do whatever he wants and I won't question him.  I think he is trying, and he is getting frustrated and it is showing.  I trust his desire, honesty, and believe he will work on whatever it is that needs fixing.  I also trust the staff not to treat him with kid gloves.  My biggest issue with losing is I wanted to keep pace/get a leg up on the Jets.  O.K., we didnt.  I think early season issues lead to late season success.  Go PATS!

Sections
Shortcuts