Thank you Pats fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Thank you Pats fans

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am a born and raised Hoosier from Indy.  Happy for you guys that you got Stevens.  The Celtics have a hell of a tradition and as long as they hang on to Stevens while they get their personnel together, you'll have a heckuva coach. 

[/QUOTE]

+1 thanks, he was a great find imo good for a rebuild, get his own system here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to GadisRKO's comment:

[QUOTE]

We got Revis, for 12 million. That is "cheap" for the best CB in the game today. Suck on that UD6.

[/QUOTE]

You sure he's still the best or just the best paid? Regardless of the answer, Revis is the antithesis of the Bill Belichick personnel philosphy...

until today.  And y'all bought that philosophy...

until today. 

[/QUOTE]

Hello UD6

Do You mean BB personnel philosophy of not overpaying FAs'? If so, keep in mind that many of us have been vocal about that lately. If BB, Casserio, etc. pays just one more FA who will make a difference, a just salary, then if that works out for the better, then that would put a chunk in Belichicks formative armor of going for cheaper value system in numbers, not top quality. We haven't seen this in awhile here even so BB may change/adjust his Team building system going forward. I/we like it!

Hey, who knows that these 1 year deals to a proven great player, while maintaining a good value system may work for the Pats and set another precedent for the League to follow. This may be the new wrinkle in the Pats way.

Imagine if we got Jared Allen for the D'line and drafted a stud DL. That just may do it to go all the way. Huh?

Don't allow your emotions to get carried away, we Pats fans see it one way and our foes another.

have a good night ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrogdorZing. Show TrogdorZing's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrogdorZing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ith the 1 year signing of Revis, you appear to believe that you have just obtained Christ's (Belichick's) favored apostle. 

Congrats to you.  Your team has now hired the guy that caused you to laugh at other franchises for his selfishness.  While you conveniently forget the hatred you spewed towards the likes of Law (i think), Branch, Samuel, Welker, Mankins, etc.  for not giving the pats a hometown discount, you have now hired the guy that is and has been the NFL's Poster Child of "Pay Me". 

Got Irony? LOL. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know anyone who was on the pats side with Mankins... Also, Law will always be my favorite Patriot player ever and don't remember anything you are saying. 

Almost every fan base gets mad when a guy leaves. It is what it is... Impressive trolling

[/QUOTE]
    please - there's not a pats fan that accepts a player getting PAID.  You deem it as selfish, anti team.  In the last couple of days threads are out there suggesting the pats either cut or force contract reductions out of Mankins and Wilfork.  No big deal for fans of other teams, because they are ok with players who perform getting paid.  Belichick doesn't like that...until he does (mankins, revis).

[/QUOTE]

Pats got a LOT of heat for how they treated both Vince and Mankins. It is why they got paid so well. Clearly you don't live in New England and listen to our lovely radio stations or hear people casually talk sports...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Davis is 25 with healthy knees.

[/QUOTE]

Patsie fans used to claim that BB pays guys for what they will do, not what they have done.  Wasn't that the reason for dumping Welker?  But signing a 25 year old CB coming into his prime is a bad deal?  Yep, that's a patsie fan for ya.

[/QUOTE]

paying a CB who isnt that good that much $ is the bad deal. if that deal was for Talib, or someone of that stature i could see it.. but how lockdown is Vontae?

[/QUOTE]

Davis is good - feel free to do a little research to confirm.  Don't just settle for the east coast media bias that promotes (because of locality maybe) revis and talib. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am a born and raised Hoosier from Indy.  Happy for you guys that you got Stevens.  The Celtics have a hell of a tradition and as long as they hang on to Stevens while they get their personnel together, you'll have a heckuva coach. 

[/QUOTE]

+1 thanks, he was a great find imo good for a rebuild, get his own system here

[/QUOTE]

Can't yet say for sure, but out on a limb, I'll call it an inspired find by Ainge.  No one expected it, yet everyone agreed he was a great choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Davis is good - feel free to do a little research to confirm.  Don't just settle for the east coast media bias that promotes (because of locality maybe) revis and talib. 

[/QUOTE]

I know Davis was good in Miami, very good and budding young star but what was the whole injury issue last season and then he said the team forced him back too quickly or whatever?

idk.

whatever the case, he has ways to go to earn that contract imo, but he is good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We got Revis, for 12 million. That is "cheap" for the best CB in the game today. Suck on that UD6.

[/QUOTE]

You sure he's still the best or just the best paid? Regardless of the answer, Revis is the antithesis of the Bill Belichick personnel philosphy...

until today. 

[/QUOTE]

Hello UD6

Do You mean BB personnel philosophy of not overpaying FAs'? If so, keep in mind that many of us have been vocal about that lately. If BB, Casserio, etc. pays just one more FA who will make a difference, a just salary, then if that works out for the better, then that would put a chunk in Belichicks formative armor of going for cheaper value system in numbers, not top quality. We haven't seen this in awhile here even so BB may change/adjust his Team building system going forward. I/we like it!

Hey, who knows that these 1 year deals to a proven great player, while maintaining a good value system may work for the Pats and set another precedent for the League to follow. This may be the new wrinkle in the Pats way.

Imagine if we got Jared Allen for the D'line and drafted a stud DL. That just may do it to go all the way. Huh?

Don't allow your emotions to get carried away, we Pats fans see it one way and our foes another.

have a good night ...

[/QUOTE]

well said with one caveat - its not my emotions that are the issue - its your fellow fans on this board that have bought BB's past decisions hook line and sinker and now have to reset that thinking due to this unexpected development.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ith the 1 year signing of Revis, you appear to believe that you have just obtained Christ's (Belichick's) favored apostle. 

Congrats to you.  Your team has now hired the guy that caused you to laugh at other franchises for his selfishness.  While you conveniently forget the hatred you spewed towards the likes of Law (i think), Branch, Samuel, Welker, Mankins, etc.  for not giving the pats a hometown discount, you have now hired the guy that is and has been the NFL's Poster Child of "Pay Me". 

Got Irony? LOL. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know anyone who was on the pats side with Mankins... Also, Law will always be my favorite Patriot player ever and don't remember anything you are saying. 

Almost every fan base gets mad when a guy leaves. It is what it is... Impressive trolling

[/QUOTE]
    please - there's not a pats fan that accepts a player getting PAID.  You deem it as selfish, anti team.  In the last couple of days threads are out there suggesting the pats either cut or force contract reductions out of Mankins and Wilfork.  No big deal for fans of other teams, because they are ok with players who perform getting paid.  Belichick doesn't like that...until he does (mankins, revis).

[/QUOTE]

Pats got a LOT of heat for how they treated both Vince and Mankins. It is why they got paid so well. Clearly you don't live in New England and listen to our lovely radio stations or hear people casually talk sports...

[/QUOTE]
    You are right.  I just get it from this board.  ARe you saying this board is not a good representation of the local mentality?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't hate on any of the CB's that got paid. Good luck to them all, especially the #1 CB in the NFL Revis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Got Irony? LOL. 

[/QUOTE]

Jealous are we, Gomez...after your Dolts just signed Vontae Davis to that ridiculous 4 year, $39mil. deal, with all that guaranteed money? Let's see, Indy is paying Vontae $10mil. next season, while the Pats are paying one of the top three CBs in the game just $2mil. more. Gee...who would you rather have? Even your fellow Colts fans consider resigning Davis to be a bad move: http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/2/4/5377738/re-signing-cb-vontae-davis-is-a-bad-idea-for-colts  

Let's move onward to the Colts running game, which currently boasts as it's top RB Trent "I'm not a Bust" Richardson, now that Donald Brown has moved on to San Diego...LOL!!!

In their secondary, they lost their leader in Antoine Bethea.

Yessir...great job, Grigson! LOL!!!!   

[/QUOTE]
    lets compare.  Belichick just guaranteed revis in one year 60% of what the colts guaranteed davis over 4 years.  By the time Davis' contract is done he'll be Revis' age today.  LOL. Oh, and he's got 2 healthy knees.   

No, TP.  Jealousy is not the emotion I am experiencing right now.  Pity with a moderate amount of guilty pleasure defines my emotions right now. 

[/QUOTE]

What a weak and idiotic response, even by your posting standards! Lets compare. Assuming that Davis plays all four years, than the Colts would have paid him $39mil.. If Davis plays one year, he gets $10mil, compared to $12mil. for Revis, whom, you must admit, is a much better player.

Revis will earn depending on how he plays. He has incentive to have a huge year in 2014, because he'll be a free agent again next year...that is...unless the Pats decide to tag him. Yet, Davis collects his $20mil., no matter how well he plays, and whether injury prevents him from playing.

Furthermore, I couldn't help but notice how you chose to sidestep discussing Grigson's other "brilliant" free agent moves...and how the loss of Donald Brown leaves the Bust that is Trent Richardson as your team's #1 RB. Good luck with that!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

you sound very jelous with that post. it makes you look weak dude. ive asked you before why you always come here? you dont like the patriots but you hang out here more than just about anyone. that makes you look like a loser. it also seem that you follow rusty everywhere he goes . that makes you look  like an obsessed stalker. weak loser obsessed stalker isnt a good image dude. you should finda colts forum. 

revis is the best corner in the nfl. a lot of us here said that even when he played for the jets and mad randy moss look average. the patriots are going to be great next year and contrary to your opinion they are willing to spend money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

until today. ou wan

[/QUOTE]

pro bowl season while still not 100 percent... yeah you'd be pissed if your Dolts signed him right......find a happy place where you are wanted you wank wrangler........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

until today. 

[/QUOTE]

Hello UD6

have a good night ...

[/QUOTE]

well said with one caveat - its not my emotions that are the issue - its your fellow fans on this board that have bought BB's past decisions hook line and sinker and now have to reset that thinking due to this unexpected development.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer. Unexpected development.

I honestly think that BB's system philosophy will change a bit going forward. If the Pats can rent each year just one proven -non injured history- player for the bit of $$ over what his past team would franchise tag him for, but surely being a bonifide Free Agent. Play 4 Pay 1 year, that's it. If a leading Team does this on a regular basis and shows high success then that could be a new NFL trend.

Who then, knows that a few of them may want to stay. It could work! But I'm afraid the rest of the league would then call BB the NFL who-re, Tongue Out

Have a good night

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The only irony is that you are obsessed enough with the Pats to start a Revis thread a couple hours after the news - news that has nothing to do with the team you root for. That's pretty sad dude. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Almost every player can be a winner and every player can be a loser -- it all depends on the relative price.

Revis wasn't worth his $96 million dollar contract in Tampa Bay, so they cut him.  The Patriots signed him for 1 year, $12 million because this doesn't obligate the Patriots to pay him anything next year or the year after that, and cornerbacks on average don't last that long. 

Revis is taking short dollars in part because the Patriots mystique might help him sell another rich contract.  Edelman signed last year at the minimum, and we'll see how many millions Edelman hauls down in a week or so. 

If Revis had settled for a long contract with less money per year, it would have undercut his image as a top dollar guy.  Some of this has to do with prestige.

Yes the Patriots need help in the backfield.

Revis qualifies as somebody else's castoff.  Sometimes castoffs pay off.  Think Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LOL - I've got no problem with you fibbing to yourself to make you feel better.  This deal is the epitome of that. 

You are an idiot.  First of all I have destroyed your stupid claims that the Patriots are cheap a million times (and then you mysteriously disappear) so I will do it again.  If the Patriots are so cheap then why did they make Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, Brady, Gronk and Hernandez some of the highest paid players at their positions?  They made Vollmer a pretty highly paid RT as well.

The Patriots have no problem handing out large contracts to their own players.  The reason they don't usually pay top dollar in free agency to players from other teams is that the best players usually get locked up by their own teams meaning you are generally paying top dollar for players that aren't the best.  In addition you have no idea how those players will fit in your system because they haven't played for your team before.  Revis was an exception for a number of reasons.  It is uncommon for players of  his caliber at his age to become a free agent.  In addition the Patriots were able to get him on a short term deal which makes the downside extremely low.  One of the reasons the Patriots manage the cap the way they do is so that if a player like that comes available they can sign him without having to reshuffle their roster.

In conclusion you are a troll and a moron.  Go back to your cave and watch replays of the Patriots putting up 6 rushing TDs against your pathetic team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Got Irony? LOL. 

[/QUOTE]

He took a one year deal at the Franchise Tag rate while Talib signed for largest contract for a corner ever. Yes Revis was very selfish but he seems to have drank the koolade for one year at least.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

Sounds like someone wishes that Revis saw his team as the best chance to go deep in the playoffs.  Revis had options.  He chose to come here and if he chose to go to Indy you'd be gulping the Revis koolaid so fast that JJ Evans would be proud.  The Pats could've franchised Talib but they paid a bit more for a better CB with little or no risk.  HE TOOK LESS TO COME HERE - GET IT YET!?  Revis made his money and now he's choosing a legit chance at winning.  Sorry if this bothers you so much that you had to start a thread - it smacks of outright sour grapes and let's not pretend that you're not upset about it.  Why don't you go celebrate overpaid Dolphins castoff Vontae Davis (who you had to give up a pick for AND overpay to keep) and the brilliant Trent Richardson acquisition with - his 2.9 YPC - with your pals on the Colts board?  Do you have pals?    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you were leaving the board and thanking us for our hospitality. 

[/QUOTE]

LMAO...no way...he'd never thank us for that...unless he was plastered

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

How long will it take for the coaching staff here to teach Revis to not turn and look for the ball?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

BB realized there was an arms race going on with the top teams in the NFL right now, and while he knew he wouldn't win it, he didn't want to get left completely behind.  So he signed someone that the other players would accept as being the second highest player on the team.  That being the best corner since Deion Sanders.  Oh, and he also got a discount, and the flexibility to either try to negotiate a future contract, or let him back in the wind to go make even more money next year elsewhere. 

Also, BB realizes that the game has become more geared to offense.  So in order to compete with the top teams, you need to be able to take away there most valuable offensive player, which more often than not these days is either a TE or a WR.  Just look at the last two years, the years Ty Law was here, and at his heart, BB is a secondary coach.  Thus, this made 12 mil a lot more palatable. 

The move strayed from the BB way of doing things, but that is just what was needed around these parts. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How long will it take for the coaching staff here to teach Revis to not turn and look for the ball?

[/QUOTE]

Can't be done...it's a natural born "talent"...our scouting staff looks for that "talent"....hard to find and highly "valued"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Got Irony? LOL. 

[/QUOTE]

Not "Pats fans".  "Rusty Trombone".  He's been yakking up a storm for almost a year about how bad Revis has decreased in ability etc.

And now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't be done...it's a natural born "talent"...our scouting staff looks for that "talent"....hard to find and highly "valued"

[/QUOTE]

He will be asked to play more press coverage i think... In Tampa he played more zone i thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colts have no 1st rd pick and overpaid Vontae Davis. Thank you Colts fans for being morons!

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Do the Colts fans approve the trades and contracts?

Sections
Shortcuts