Thank you Pats fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Thank you Pats fans

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

How long will it take for the coaching staff here to teach Revis to not turn and look for the ball?

Can't be done...it's a natural born "talent"...our scouting staff looks for that "talent"....hard to find and highly "valued"

He will be asked to play more press coverage i think... In Tampa he played more zone i thought.

Press and man. This is why he is here, and this is why he got his own island. He takes half the field away instantly. Invaluable. When bb has this, he can dial up some exotic, pressure filled schemes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

ith the 1 year signing of Revis, you appear to believe that you have just obtained Christ's (Belichick's) favored apostle. 

Congrats to you.  Your team has now hired the guy that caused you to laugh at other franchises for his selfishness.  While you conveniently forget the hatred you spewed towards the likes of Law (i think), Branch, Samuel, Welker, Mankins, etc.  for not giving the pats a hometown discount, you have now hired the guy that is and has been the NFL's Poster Child of "Pay Me". 

Got Irony? LOL. 

Underpants is that a real picture of you? And also do you wax your mustache in the winter?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to GadisRKO's comment:

We got Revis, for 12 million. That is "cheap" for the best CB in the game today. Suck on that UD6.

12 Mil cheap !!! Ha Ha Ha..... Dream on.......To go with his busted up knee.... Thats the steal of the year.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Mediumsizednuts' comment:

ith the 1 year signing of Revis, you appear to believe that you have just obtained Christ's (Belichick's) favored apostle. 

Congrats to you.  Your team has now hired the guy that caused you to laugh at other franchises for his selfishness.  While you conveniently forget the hatred you spewed towards the likes of Law (i think), Branch, Samuel, Welker, Mankins, etc.  for not giving the pats a hometown discount, you have now hired the guy that is and has been the NFL's Poster Child of "Pay Me". 

Got Irony? LOL. 

Underpants is that a real picture of you? And also do you wax your mustache in the winter?

No - The picture is Ted Wells - the attorney that the NFL hired to investigate the dolphins/jonathon Martin mess.  Its run its course and I've tried to remove it, but the site always fails when I try to do it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Were any of you expecting a thread of worth from the lying Colts troll?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I still can't believe that fans from other teams are so willing to come on this forum to make complete fools of themselves.

No rational adult would do something like that.

What is wrong with you people?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

Wow.  You didn't used to be this ignorant. 

That's one of the dumbest posts of the year, for a variety of reasons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

UD - there is some shade of truth to what you say.  I have not been one to profess a "hate" for any NFL player.  I may not care for them, but, hate is not there.  As for Revis, it is going to be amusing to see the posts from fans here who lambasted him for his ways while a Jet/Buc and how they will change their tune now that he is with the Pats.

Also, you know darn well Revis had a "heart to heart" with BB before he made the decision to come to the Patriots.  It is business and about playing football!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Davis is 25 with healthy knees.

Patsie fans used to claim that BB pays guys for what they will do, not what they have done.  Wasn't that the reason for dumping Welker?  But signing a 25 year old CB coming into his prime is a bad deal?  Yep, that's a patsie fan for ya.

paying a CB who isnt that good that much $ is the bad deal. if that deal was for Talib, or someone of that stature i could see it.. but how lockdown is Vontae?

it doesnt matter WHAT DAVIS AGE IS.. He is not a lock down corner.. If revis was to sign with the colts you be happy.. Don.t blame us bercause you lost your first rd pick in the TR DEAL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

As for Revis, it is going to be amusing to see the posts from fans here who lambasted him for his ways while a Jet/Buc and how they will change their tune now that he is with the Pats.

It will be amusing. Rusty will be the most amusing of all. But any honest person had to admit Revis was an elite CB, even if he was with the jets. As far as his greed; I can't fault him for shafting the jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

Here you go. I heard this helps with that monthly thing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

Davis is 25 with healthy knees.

Patsie fans used to claim that BB pays guys for what they will do, not what they have done.  Wasn't that the reason for dumping Welker?  But signing a 25 year old CB coming into his prime is a bad deal?  Yep, that's a patsie fan for ya.

paying a CB who isnt that good that much $ is the bad deal. if that deal was for Talib, or someone of that stature i could see it.. but how lockdown is Vontae?

it doesnt matter WHAT DAVIS AGE IS.. He is not a lock down corner.. If revis was to sign with the colts you be happy.. Don.t blame us bercause you lost your first rd pick in the TR DEAL.

Sure I'd be happy if revis signed with the colts, but that's not the point.  The point is that posters here have spent the past few years hating on revis for his "me first" mentality which you would define as the antithesis of the Belichick team first mantra.  Yet, now that you have him at a very salty 12 mill your tune changes.  I'm just pointing out the irony of the circumstances and the hypocrisy of you sudden change of heart.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

Got sour grapes?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Got Irony? LOL. 

Got sour grapes?

Not at all.  Why do you ask?  Did my post suggest sour grapes or are you just attempting to deflect the truth of my post?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

You are an idiot.  First of all I have destroyed your stupid claims that the Patriots are cheap a million times (and then you mysteriously disappear) so I will do it again.  If the Patriots are so cheap then why did they make Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, Brady, Gronk and Hernandez some of the highest paid players at their positions?  They made Vollmer a pretty highly paid RT as well.

The Patriots have no problem handing out large contracts to their own players.  The reason they don't usually pay top dollar in free agency to players from other teams is that the best players usually get locked up by their own teams meaning you are generally paying top dollar for players that aren't the best.  In addition you have no idea how those players will fit in your system because they haven't played for your team before.  Revis was an exception for a number of reasons.  It is uncommon for players of  his caliber at his age to become a free agent.  In addition the Patriots were able to get him on a short term deal which makes the downside extremely low.  One of the reasons the Patriots manage the cap the way they do is so that if a player like that comes available they can sign him without having to reshuffle their roster.

In conclusion you are a troll and a moron.  Go back to your cave and watch replays of the Patriots putting up 6 rushing TDs against your pathetic team.

I am still waiting troll.  Tell us again how the Patriots are cheap despite the money they've spent locking up homegrown players.  LMAO @ U.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Got Irony? LOL. 

Do you get the irony? THe problem the Jets had was that htye had to mortgage the rest of the team's payscale AND they still had to deal with a guy who wanted to renegotiate every year and caused a lot of distraction and insecurity.

The Pats have him for only one year. Now I agree I would like him longer but not at money that mortgages the rest of the team and not if he is going to play that same game. At this point it is one year. So none of the issues we had are applicable.

On the other hand we have only filled the spot for one year...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You are an idiot.  First of all I have destroyed your stupid claims that the Patriots are cheap a million times (and then you mysteriously disappear) so I will do it again.  If the Patriots are so cheap then why did they make Wilfork, Mankins, Mayo, Brady, Gronk and Hernandez some of the highest paid players at their positions?  They made Vollmer a pretty highly paid RT as well.

The Patriots have no problem handing out large contracts to their own players.  The reason they don't usually pay top dollar in free agency to players from other teams is that the best players usually get locked up by their own teams meaning you are generally paying top dollar for players that aren't the best.  In addition you have no idea how those players will fit in your system because they haven't played for your team before.  Revis was an exception for a number of reasons.  It is uncommon for players of  his caliber at his age to become a free agent.  In addition the Patriots were able to get him on a short term deal which makes the downside extremely low.  One of the reasons the Patriots manage the cap the way they do is so that if a player like that comes available they can sign him without having to reshuffle their roster.

In conclusion you are a troll and a moron.  Go back to your cave and watch replays of the Patriots putting up 6 rushing TDs against your pathetic team.

I am still waiting troll.  Tell us again how the Patriots are cheap despite the money they've spent locking up homegrown players.  LMAO @ U.

Lol!  I really struck a chord with you didn't i?  Sorry I missed your first post.  It's hard sometimesvwhen the entire board is yelling at you.  Now, back to your comment.  I don't recall ever saying the pats are cheap, but I will say they often seem to leave significant cap space to pay players they never get. 

and I never said the pats don't ever pay their players.  They are shrewd with guys like hernandez and gronkowski when they lock up with large extensions that are below the free agent market for their skill level.  But for those they allow to reach the end of their contract and then play hardball with (mankind wilfork) or ship off unappreciativly (Seymour, Samuel).  The pats developed a reputation of expecting players to keep quiet about contracts or suffer the consequences.  Revis has been as vocal about money as any player in the past five years.  He's a great player who deserves to get paid, but his public feelings about contracts flies in the face of the reputation for such things that belichick has cultivated.  So when he goes and gets THAT GUY.  he exposes himself to criticism for the treatment of others in the past.  

So in conclusion, you are a dum bass for missing the point while mine still stands.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lol!  I really struck a chord with you didn't i?  Sorry I missed your first post.  It's hard sometimesvwhen the entire board is yelling at you.  Now, back to your comment.  I don't recall ever saying the pats are cheap, but I will say they often seem to leave significant cap space to pay players they never get. 

and I never said the pats don't ever pay their players.  They are shrewd with guys like hernandez and gronkowski when they lock up with large extensions that are below the free agent market for their skill level.  But for those they allow to reach the end of their contract and then play hardball with (mankind wilfork) or ship off unappreciativly (Seymour, Samuel).  The pats developed a reputation of expecting players to keep quiet about contracts or suffer the consequences.  Revis has been as vocal about money as any player in the past five years.  He's a great player who deserves to get paid, but his public feelings about contracts flies in the face of the reputation for such things that belichick has cultivated.  So when he goes and gets THAT GUY.  he exposes himself to criticism for the treatment of others in the past.  

So in conclusion, you are a dum bass for missing the point while mine still stands.

If the entire board is yelling at you why do you till come here?  Yous a s bad as jints except for the board cop part. Plus if you were a board cop you would do it on a tractor.  thy dont make a siren for that, even in Europe.  

Sections
Shortcuts