Thank you Robert Kraft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Thank you Robert Kraft

I wanted to personally thank Mr. Kraft for doing the right thing, despite the fact that such a decision had unfavorable results.

Despite potential financial loss, despite the loss of an incredibly talented player, without knowing the eventual outcome of the fiasco, this respectable and admirable man made the right decision. 

Thank you. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Thank you Robert Kraft

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

That's right.  

Now, it's time to move on.  

Believe me, the team is better for it.  They may not be able to replace his talent right away but his absence from the locker room will probably be a positive.  He obviously was a punk.

I'm ready for some Patriots football.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

This is just pure speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if there are alot of players on the Patriots team that are secretly glad that he is gone.

We may never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

+1

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Robert Kraft is widely regarded as one of the classiest and most respected owners in professional sports.  That he chose to do the right thing does not at all surprise me.  Good thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 5m

By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

That's for this season, which was known. Good thing our cap position is so well managed and strong this will have no effect on the roster decisions this year.

[/QUOTE]

His cap hit goes up by approximately $1 million this year; his cap hit next year will be a minimum of $7 million.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Yes Robert, thank you --now go back to your little 35  not so hottie girlfriend and put all these problems on the back burner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

In response to NedBraden's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Photobucket

That's for this season, which was known. Good thing our cap position is so well managed and strong this will have no effect on the roster decisions this year.

[/QUOTE]

His cap hit goes up by approximately $1 million this year; his cap hit next year will be a minimum of $7 million.

[/QUOTE]

And it looks like he will be able to keep the $9+ million he already received as a signing bonus. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Photobucket

Wow, I thought they could still pention the league and NFLPA to recover the cap space if Hernandez is convicted. Now I know in the Vick case the league suspended Vick without pay while in jail. Since he was suspended without pay it would not count against the Falcons cap

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He did the best thing. 

AH would have been a distraction and a looming question mark. It's better to cut ties even if it means taking a hit in the talent and finance department. 

It was a classy move ... much classier than when the Ravens held on to Ray Lewis for dear life. Of course, they ended up winning two SBs with Ray Lewis, but no one ever said the high road was paved with gold. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

And it looks like he will be able to keep the $9+ million he already received as a signing bonus. 

Figuring between taxes (about 40% +/-), houses, cars, guns, booze, entourage, baby momma and daughter, etc., he's already spent maybe 2/3 of that, conservatively, the rest won't last long. He's got high priced lawyers, if he goes through a trial that will cost easily $1 mil, maybe more. Then there are at least two civil suits, one by the guy in FL and one by Lloyd's family. He'll be bankrupt soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

lol!  Because keeping Bilicheat after the Spygate  scandal showed how respectable and admirable he really is.   Surprised

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

Photobucket

Wow, I thought they could still pention the league and NFLPA to recover the cap space if Hernandez is convicted. Now I know in the Vick case the league suspended Vick without pay while in jail. Since he was suspended without pay it would not count against the Falcons cap

[/QUOTE]

I don't understand. What exactly in Schefter's tweek indicates they won't get back cap space?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to TFB12's commen

Photobucket

I don't understand. What exactly in Schefter's tweek indicates they won't get back cap space?

go to the threah titled hernandez contract it explains abit about this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agreed. AH clearly does not know about The Patriot Way. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Yes Robert, thank you --now go back to your little 35  not so hottie girlfriend and put all these problems on the back burner.

ouch....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I wanted to personally thank Mr. Kraft for doing the right thing, despite the fact that such a decision had unfavorable results.

Despite potential financial loss, despite the loss of an incredibly talented player, without knowing the eventual outcome of the fiasco, this respectable and admirable man made the right decision. 

Thank you. 

i agree Kraft is a good owner and a good man and I don't doubt he did the right thing but i want to ask-not disrespectfully but as a thought:

did they abandon ship too quick?

should they have stood by Hernandez or at least not made any definitve move like this until the trial or the pre-trial hearings at the very least? is this guilty until being proven innocent and jumping the gun?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

[QUOTE]

Thank you. 

i agree Kraft is a good owner and a good man and I don't doubt he did the right thing but i want to ask-not disrespectfully but as a thought:

did they abandon ship too quick?

should they have stood by Hernandez or at least not made any definitve move like this until the trial or the pre-trial hearings at the very least? is this guilty until being proven innocent and jumping the gun?

[/QUOTE]

From a business perspective? From a human perspective? From a team perspective?

It depends on what you mean. 

1.) They don't owe anything to Hernandez. He is still going to collect money, unless he is guilty. In which case they don't owe it to him per his contract. So they aren't doing anything that really hurts him.

2.) From a business perspective, it depends on how much you value having zero distraction and affiliating your brand with good people. The Patriots have given second chances to a number of guys. This list includes people with drug histories, histories of getting in fights on the field, hsitories of being bad locker-room guys, histories of shooting their way out of town. But it's clear they do not want people in their organization that have gun play or domestic violence in their background. That's their choice .... everyone has their limits ... then there are the Ravens, lol. 

3.) From a team perspective, it depends on how much you value knowing what is going to be on you roster and how much you value setting a solid example for others. As a morale move it's a personal choice again.

I'm not getting gloaty about it ... the NFL isn't a "class off." It's a game of touch downs. 

I, personally, think it was the right move. If they had waited a bit I would have thought it slightly questionable given the gravity of the charges being brought.

This is murder ... not just getting caught with a gun.