Thank you Robert Kraft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Thank you Robert Kraft

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

I wanted to personally thank Mr. Kraft for doing the right thing, despite the fact that such a decision had unfavorable results.

Despite potential financial loss, despite the loss of an incredibly talented player, without knowing the eventual outcome of the fiasco, this respectable and admirable man made the right decision. 

Thank you. 

i agree Kraft is a good owner and a good man and I don't doubt he did the right thing but i want to ask-not disrespectfully but as a thought:

did they abandon ship too quick?

should they have stood by Hernandez or at least not made any definitve move like this until the trial or the pre-trial hearings at the very least? is this guilty until being proven innocent and jumping the gun?

I was trying to think of what other NFL team may have done the right thing like the Pats did.  The Giants is the only team I could think of.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yep- right thing- right away. Ugly and disturbing.  I can't recall any athlete in any NE professional sport with the kind of charges AH is facing. Murder One. Cold blooded execution.
    You don't want THAT associated in any way with the Patriots.

My condolences to the Lloyd family, and my sympathies to the Pats. This really sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

How could Hernandez show up to Gillette Stadium for a workout the next day while trying to act as if he did nothing wrong?  That really blows my mind.  Shows his mindset about the whole thing too, no remorse.  "Nothing to see here, just getting in some running and bench press."  That the Pats barred him from the facility and then released him upon his arrest was the right thing to do. 

What a brazen, callous act, not to mention about the worst planned crime I can ever recall. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I wanted to personally thank Mr. Kraft for doing the right thing, despite the fact that such a decision had unfavorable results.

Despite potential financial loss, despite the loss of an incredibly talented player, without knowing the eventual outcome of the fiasco, this respectable and admirable man made the right decision. 

Thank you. 

i agree Kraft is a good owner and a good man and I don't doubt he did the right thing but i want to ask-not disrespectfully but as a thought:

did they abandon ship too quick?

should they have stood by Hernandez or at least not made any definitve move like this until the trial or the pre-trial hearings at the very least? is this guilty until being proven innocent and jumping the gun?

This is my first comment on BDC on this terrible and tragic matter.  The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

It is tragic that a life is lost forever.  It is also terrible that if guilty, Hern would have been willing to throw everything he had away because the victim disrespected him.  If this istrue, it is total insanity.  

Robert Kraft did the right thing because he can not undo the damage already done.  However, I believe that the negative fallout and effect on the team from his trial would be far greater if everytime something happens before, during and after the trial which could take years, Hern would be mentioned as "Former New England Patriot AH" than "New England Patriot AH". 

Perhaps a bad analogy would be when a cop goes rogue stealing and hurting civilians while other cops on the force know about it and won't do anything to stop it because of some kind of unwritten code of loyalty.   IMO, there is a stain on an entire police force when this happens.

I understand that AH has not been found guilty in a court of law but there has been so much smoke now there almost certainly has to be some fire.  I think the ship of public understanding and benefit of doubt has sailed. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

And it looks like he will be able to keep the $9+ million he already received as a signing bonus. 

Figuring between taxes (about 40% +/-), houses, cars, guns, booze, entourage, baby momma and daughter, etc., he's already spent maybe 2/3 of that, conservatively, the rest won't last long. He's got high priced lawyers, if he goes through a trial that will cost easily $1 mil, maybe more. Then there are at least two civil suits, one by the guy in FL and one by Lloyd's family. He'll be bankrupt soon.

That's okay, looks like his room and board will be covered for life . . . 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

That's okay, looks like his room and board will be covered for life . . . 

ZING.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

Thank you. 

My guess is that Goodell himself suggested to Kraft what the gameplan should be with Hernandez. If he was arrested and charged with murder, the Pats would release Hernandez. However, had he been arrested merely for obstruction, I think Goodell gives Kraft a little more leeway. It's more clear now that obstruction can only be proven if the evidence destroyed was material to the case.  Hernandez was never charged with obstruction because what he destroyed couldn't be proven to be material. They discovered the evidence that they sought from other sources.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CommChairman's comment:

Thank you. 

My guess is that Goodell himself suggested to Kraft what the gameplan should be with Hernandez. If he was arrested and charged with murder, the Pats would release Hernandez. However, had he been arrested merely for obstruction, I think Goodell gives Kraft a little more leeway. It's more clear now that obstruction can only be proven if the evidence destroyed was material to the case.  Hernandez was never charged with obstruction because what he destroyed couldn't be proven to be material. They discovered the evidence that they sought from other sources.  

If I was to guess Kraft didn't need any suggestions from Goodell to make this decision.

Sections
Shortcuts