Thank You Steelers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Thank You Steelers

I remember Steelers fans posting thank-you's to the Patriots after they beat the Ravens and kept the AFC North close (although it turns out they weren't the main competition in the division).

It's my turn to thank the Steelers for beating the Broncos.  Now the Patriots are one Broncos and one Colts loss (in addition to having to win head-to-head against the Colts) from controlling their own destiny regarding playoff seeding.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Thank You Steelers

I'll second that.  Any team with a record better than the Pats or with a tie-breaker edge is the enemy.  Now we need to take care of Indy and hope a few other teams can do so as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

You are correct, but that is to assume they don't lose any more games the rest of the year.  I still see a couple potential tough road games ahead.  Of course, that is also to assume the Colts and Broncos don't lose anymore other than what you already addressed.  If that was to happen then the pats would have to run the table.  If I was a Pats fan and being optimistic, I can see where you are coming from.  Still allot of football left to be played and allot can still happen.  The Pats have definately once again given their fans some real excitement looking forward.  Home field could be crucial in determining who ends up in the Superbowl.  As the Pats would be tough in the playoffs at home, so would Pittsburgh, Indy, and who knows what Cincy is up to this year.  Second half will be interesting and fun to watch.   

MG

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

BB should have Merriweather in the film room all week studying film of Polamalu.

What a true athlete and Tackling Machine Polamalu is.  He's looking for contact, not whiffing like a scared little girl.  Great hair to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I like the Pats chances I think Denver is looking at 10-6 Wild Card and San Diego will take West.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I think it may be early on this, but I believe Simmons had posted something about the Pats early this year being among the only 3 teams in the past 20 years (modern NFL) with 8 straight years of 9 or more wins. It seems like it is a safer bet the Patriots will be the first team to go 9 straight years with 9 or more wins. (The Colts should get to 8 years after this season). Still, quite amazing to think just how good both of these teams have been and/or just how difficult it is to win every year with injuries, free agency, etc.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Thank You Steelers:
    [QUOTE]I like the Pats chances I think Denver is looking at 10-6 Wild Card and San Diego will take West.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

The Chargers have a lot of work ahead of them if thet want to win the division. First they have to actually beat Denver then they have to win 2 of the games against Philly, Dallas or Cincy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to Thank You Steelers:
    [QUOTE]I remember Steelers fans posting thank-you's to the Patriots after they beat the Ravens and kept the AFC North close (although it turns out they weren't the main competition in the division). It's my turn to thank the Steelers for beating the Broncos.  Now the Patriots are one Broncos and one Colts loss (in addition to having to win head-to-head against the Colts) from controlling their own destiny regarding playoff seeding.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

The Steelers now hold the tiebreaker against the Pats and Broncos.  The Steelers beat the Broncos and the Broncos beat the Pats.  So if it comes down to head to head and like opponents the Pats and Broncos will have to travel to Pittsburgh.  So basically the Pats and Broncos will need to be one game better then the Steelers at the end of the year. And if you lose to the Colts you would need to leap frog Colts, Steelers and Broncos on the way to the playoffs.  And you still need to play the Saints.  I think the Patriots should have no problem winning the AFC Least but I think they are going to be locked into the #4 seed. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank You Steelers : The Chargers have a lot of work ahead of them if thet want to win the division. First they have to actually beat Denver then they have to win 2 of the games against Philly, Dallas or Cincy.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Steelers have the best D by far in the NFL, as of right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]BB should have Merriweather in the film room all week studying film of Polamalu. What a true athlete and Tackling Machine Polamalu is.  He's looking for contact, not whiffing like a scared little girl.  Great hair to.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Never quite sure which player is going to show up on Sunday.  Some games he looks great, other games he's a no-show.  Needs to stop hanging out with Adalius.

Sections
Shortcuts