Thank You Tracy Porter!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thank You Tracy Porter!!

Great play by Tracy Porter as he read Peytons eyes and a beautiful PICK 6!!  Couldn't have come at a better time!

Great Day for DA SAINTS and the City of New Orleans!  and of course beating the COLTS!!! hahaha!  Thank you Thank you Thank you!

In the 2000's:
    Patriots 3
    Steelers 2
    Indy 1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Re: Thank You Tracy Porter!!

it was like watching favre.... the whole game i just kept asking rhetorically "when is he going to throw a pick?? when is he going to throw a pick???" when the game's on the line BOOM pick + 6 LMAO i was bouncing off the walls!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Peyton Manning shouldnt even be in the top 5 great qb list. He chokes when it counts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yes, Manning did choke - but give kudos to Porter for jumping that route! & cashing in - It was GREAT then to see Manning's Face!! HAHAHAHA!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd personally like to thank him too!!!!!!! I can't be the only one that had NFC 1 and AFC 7 in my Superbowl pool and man was that sweet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Two guys with Indiana ties beat the team from Indiana.  How do you like that? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Caldwell = 3rd place and 8-8 next year.  Thanks Porter!

The only thing that stunned me was why a mediocre team that barely won a string of about 8 games, several on questionable calls was such a "heavy favorite" (at least in the papers) supposedly and why a 5 1/2 point favorite is "stunned" to lose.  5 1/2 is not some guaranteed spread, for christ's sake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

OK, lets not be silly.  He didn't choke.  He threw an INT, it happens.  BUT his teams strategy of laying low and biding their time did cause the loss. Sean Payton obviously had his team in "aggresive" mode to close out the game, blocking Peyton's path to the win.  I think all this proves Bill B's going for it on 4th and 2 WAS the right thing, the ultra conservative Colts play mistake free until desperation sets in, then you can take them out of their game.  Congrats to the Saints, for winning, making the Colts lose, and validating the "blueprint".  It is now officially NEXT YEAR, bring on the new season!  GO PATS!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Anyone have a flashback of Ty Law when they saw that?

How many Colts were looking for Vinatieri after the missed FG.  It was a tough kick that is low percentage, but everyone had to think what if the guy who always makes the big kick were not on the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I hate manning more than the next guy but on that play it was a combination of a lot of things not just manning.

Yes manning should have not thrown there because the CB was making a break on the ball before the WR but his motion was started.

Wayne made a move that I don't usually see from he, he for the most part breaks quickly and comes back on the ball, this time he tried to fake a side stepped which gave the CB who was reading manning a great openning for the ball. 

It was more of a great play from the CB than a totally a horrible play on manning, if Wayne had come back quickly to the ball he would have been able to put his body between the ball and the CB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I have ALWAYS appreciated Bill B's attitude on 4th down.  Not quite as aggressive as Paytons was last night, but a healthy respect for the numbers and NOT doing things the way other coaches do just to look good.  And many, many times we benefited from it, and i will NOT change my mind.  When Brady throws a pick it's not a choke, and no matter how much I hate the Colts or the GREAT MANNING LOVE-IN, its not a choke when HE throws one either, its a by-product of throwing alot.  So we just TOTALLY don't agree here.  Now Brett Favre, on the other hand............

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

GREAT INDIVIDUAL AWARENESS FOR PORTER TO JUMP THAT ROUTE AND TAKE IT THE DISTANCE. BIG PLAYS ALWAYS DETERMINE WHO'S GOING TO WIN. THAT 2ND QUARTER GARCON DROP FOR A BUNCH TURNED THE COMPLEXION OF THE GAME EARLY. MANNING FAILED ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS TO HIT THE OPEN GUY WHICH HE RARELY DOES, ESPECIALLY WHEN NOT ONE DEFENDER EVER GOT WITHIN 6 FEET OF HIM. IT WASN'T HIS DAY AND KUDOS TO THE SAINTS THAT ARE WELL DESERVING. KATRINA'S AFTERMATH IS SOMEWHAT VINDICATED BY THIS WIN TO DRAW THE NEW ORLEANDERS EVEN CLOSER AS A COMMUNITY. I WANTED A GOOD GAME AND GOT ONE. SAINTS WIN AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED, COLTS WIN AND CATAPULTS MANNING TO NOT ONLY ONE OF THE MOST PROLIFIC QB'S OF ALL TIME BUT HADS TO HIS TEAM'S LEGACY. NL I IN TEAM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Should be renamed "The Art-O-Choke"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Regardless whether it's a choke or not - who cares, OK - so Manning 'threw' and INT with about 3:50 left in the 4th.  Call it what you want!  Great throw Manning!

14-4 Brady -3 SB's!

9-9 Manning - 1 SB

But who's counting.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I don't think it was a choke. Porter had a pretty good idea of what was coming.
    Whenever the Colts need to convert on 3rd down, with more than 2 yards necessary, they throw a short slant route to Wayne or Clark. We're familiar with that. I think it's called predictable offense. Unfortunately, they usually execute it so well, they usually succeed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Enjoy the Parade today NEW ORLEANS!!! I'm sure glad it's in NO than Indy today! Thanks again!

Sections
Shortcuts