***Thanks Again To All My Draft Junkie Brothers!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: ***Thanks Again To All My Draft Junkie Brothers!***

Right or wrong, thanks for all the work you guys put into it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

How to you quantify Success? By not one of you even being remotely close, again, with your speculation?Wink

well i had dobson. didn thve a lot of time to scout this year.

wanted a pass rusher baaad and seems like we may have found one in buchannon in rd 7 if we hire a babysitter and dont let him brush his teeth by himself.

a cb which we needed (tho a bit slow for my taste).

a safety i dont know.

2 big bodied outside wrs (ive been cryin for)

a possible wes welker clone (some of the guys were on moe)

a cover lb

so every position i had but o line as needs we addressed

and one landed name (dobson)

i think the posters here did great with assessment of need.

and colectivey wwe hit ose names.

no one knew we were just going to take all the graduating rutgers team. next year well have a heads up.

and tcal,

who cares, its for fun (for us anyway)

thats the curious thing about fun, one person fun is another persons boredom.

dont be a hater. it dont look good.

peace man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

How to you quantify Success? By not one of you even being remotely close, again, with your speculation?Wink

Why do yo have to be snide like that. We all enjoy it and had a ton of fun on it, to me that's a success. Being right or wrong has nothing to do with the success because guess what it wouldn't matter if we are or aren't it's all for fun. That's what drives me insane with people like you calling people arm chair QB's because we do it for fun, it's called being a fan. Fans are allowed to have fun predicting what they think the team should do and what they want them to do. In the end if it's not fun then you need to find something else to do and stop trying to ruin other peoples fun.

how did I ruin anyone's fun?  Did I delete this thread or something?  Did I post any comments on it during the year?  I'm simply poking fun at the fact no one is remotely close with their predictions And never will be when it come to trying to predict what BB will Do.  So relax and stop being so defensive.

its hard to detect tone through cyberspace.

lets allow a little leeway for everyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Thanks MB once again for a great thread. I really enjoyed everyone's thoughts and the open discussions where posters felt free to post at will without worry about the name calling. Looking forward to next year already!

ditto lifer.

realy enjoy reading y'alls posts.

defintiely fun.

lets keep up the posts post draft about the players the pats selected and our shares about the team. the only place on the board where you can get stimualating conversation, reparte, good naturedness and a little fun without the self hatred of posters spewing forth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Add my thanks as well - MB a font of information in a very gentle form. 

A question for next years thread - any chance you could archive the thread a couple of times and start anew. My only quible is it gets sooooo long that opening it in April feels like opening the cover of War an Peace.

thats is the fun of it. s@cked that this one got interrupted when bdc had issues

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

First time anyone has called me a junkie!! MB,Tcal2,TB12,Patslifer,Mia,PatsChampSB,Mthurl,Bredbru,and Noise and for anyone I didn't mention this thread was fun!! MB next one will be even more ridiculous... I only got two picks out of 7 right but I did have them trading out and I did have the right first position pick correct. I had Logan Ryan right but I'll be damned if I thought the rest of the Scarlett Knights would be joining him.

hey sports excellent post, who was the other player you got?

isnt ryan a bit slow. i keep reading he needs to play cover 2 (cant play press man-what we've moved to that improved our defense greatly till injury) and may need to move to fs due to his speed. 4.56. 

you picked ourside lb for our first pick? what was your theory as to why?

will look for your reply

:)

(i had one player dobson and all the positions but also thought we could add o line)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

For another successful draft thread season... I can't wait to get back after it in the Fall!!!!!!!

good stuff! great host!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

well i had dobson. didn thve a lot of time to scout this year.

wanted a pass rusher baaad and seems like we may have found one in buchannon in rd 7 if we hire a babysitter and dont let him brush his teeth by himself.

a cb which we needed (tho a bit slow for my taste).

a safety i dont know.

2 big bodied outside wrs (ive been cryin for)

a possible wes welker clone (some of the guys were on moe)

a cover lb

so every position i had but o line as needs we addressed

and one landed name (dobson)

i think the posters here did great with assessment of need.

and colectivey wwe hit ose names.

no one knew we were just going to take all the graduating rutgers team. next year well have a heads up.

and tcal,

who cares, its for fun (for us anyway)

thats the curious thing about fun, one person fun is another persons boredom.

dont be a hater. it dont look good.

peace man

pay no attention to tcal he is just trash with too much to say  Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Why do yo have to be snide like that. We all enjoy it and had a ton of fun on it, to me that's a success. Being right or wrong has nothing to do with the success because guess what it wouldn't matter if we are or aren't it's all for fun. That's what drives me insane with people like you calling people arm chair QB's because we do it for fun, it's called being a fan. Fans are allowed to have fun predicting what they think the team should do and what they want them to do. In the end if it's not fun then you need to find something else to do and stop trying to ruin other peoples fun.

how did I ruin anyone's fun?  Did I delete this thread or something?  Did I post any comments on it during the year?  I'm simply poking fun at the fact no one is remotely close with their predictions And never will be when it come to trying to predict what BB will Do.  So relax and stop being so defensive.

Well, for the record, I did have Logan Ryan, Josh Boyce and Michael Buchanan in my mock (which is prob down on Tab 4 or 5 by now), PE was very high on Jamie Collins and a lot of guys pegged Aaron Dobson as the potential Day 2 option at WR... so I'd say we did pretty good as a whole.

Go Pats!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

My family and friends all think I'm pretty good at draft knowledge-(for a girl). At least I can keep up with them. I don't tell them my secret weapon are the guys on the draft thread, espy mbeaulieu, bredbru, PatsEng and all the others who contribute.. thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Good draft thread.  I was in and out reading.  I think they should sticky it and the FF thread to he top.  I credit your effort keeping up on it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I had the Patriots taking Jamie Collins with the 1st pick if they went with an OLB/DE, granted I had it in the first round but he was still my highest rated player at that position.  I also had them taking Logan Ryan AND Josh Boyce in the 3rd.  Also had them taking TJ Moe in the 7th, that they just signed him as an UDFA isn't so far off... This my final mock the day before the draft, leading up to the draft on my thread I picked every player at the four positions I projected the Pats taking; WR, OLB/DE, CB and DT that they ended up taking.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/wozzys-draft-guide-2013/100/6597018?page=4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Good work Mbeaulieu

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Good work Mbeaulieu

hey woz...even though Beaulie is top o the heap i respect ur well thought out draft posts (as well a TP's) so

i shall ask of ye how did my giants do in ur opinion?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

hey rocky im a little confuised reading that. what i see is a list with 15-25 players per positon. is that what you are referring to as your mock?

for the record, i dont try to project bbs picks, jsust what i want to see us get.

I had the Patriots taking Jamie Collins with the 1st pick if they went with an OLB/DE, granted I had it in the first round but he was still my highest rated player at that position.  I also had them taking Logan Ryan AND Josh Boyce in the 3rd.  Also had them taking TJ Moe in the 7th, that they just signed him as an UDFA isn't so far off... This my final mock the day before the draft, leading up to the draft on my thread I picked every player at the four positions I projected the Pats taking; WR, OLB/DE, CB and DT that they ended up taking.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/wozzys-draft-guide-2013/100/6597018?page=4

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

hey rocky im a little confuised reading that. what i see is a list with 15-25 players per positon. is that what you are referring to as your mock?

for the record, i dont try to project bbs picks, jsust what i want to see us get.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Thanks MB for leading a great time again this year;  BB confounds us all - inscrutable as ever, but the draft is more fun with your thread!  Go ND, BC, and Stanford next year for you MB - and watch Ole Miss Rebs ascend with Coach Hugh Freeze!

Well, for the record, I did have Logan Ryan, Josh Boyce and Michael Buchanan in my mock (which is prob down on Tab 4 or 5 by now), PE was very high on Jamie Collins and a lot of guys pegged Aaron Dobson as the potential Day 2 option at WR... so I'd say we did pretty good as a whole.

Go Pats!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

MB, thanks. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If you go to my thread on 04/24 I provide my final mock, the players I thought BB would take with the picks he had at that time, 29 on, I gave two players for each position I thought he would take with those given picks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

hey woz...even though Beaulie is top o the heap i respect ur well thought out draft posts (as well a TP's) so

The Giants did really good, Hankins was the 2nd best DT prospect in the draft by my estimation.  Demontre Moore was also on my big board.  I really speculated for the Patriots and their needs so I skipped over some key positions that might be relevant to the Giants, mainly o line.  That being said Nassib seems like a wasted pick to me, if a player like him averages 62% of his passes in college you can knock 10% off that and that's what you'll end up with in the pros.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

If you go to my thread on 04/24 I provide my final mock, the players I thought BB would take with the picks he had at that time, 29 on, I gave two players for each position I thought he would take with those given picks.

thanks i clicked the link and obviously didnt find it. will ry again

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

The Giants did really good, Hankins was the 2nd best DT prospect in the draft by my estimation.  Demontre Moore was also on my big board.  I really speculated for the Patriots and their needs so I skipped over some key positions that might be relevant to the Giants, mainly o line.  That being said Nassib seems like a wasted pick to me, if a player like him averages 62% of his passes in college you can knock 10% off that and that's what you'll end up with in the pros.

agreed esp where trhey got hankins and moore severl teams i thought took giant steps and will be hard for the pats to match (on th efield in compet)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOpWCEvkeY

I just made this video summarizing the various scouting reports of our draftees, and my analysis of the pick.

Please don't watch the really old videos from when I was like 10.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

i am very satisfied with first three picks and thought reese did nice job of filling holes on both sides-typical solid draft building around successful core

i agree re: nassib...i didn't see that coming and not really sure why they picked a qb in 4th rd and why threy picked him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

i agree re: nassib...i didn't see that coming and not really sure why they picked a qb in 4th rd and why threy picked him

Haven't ya heard, when the Giants miss the playoffs again this year Caughlin is gone.  He will end up taking Eli with him to the team who hires him.

Sections
Shortcuts