Thanks All

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Re: Thanks All

alright so ya the colts had more injuries this year. Im curious as to what the numbers are for the past few years combined because to me we are always injury struck but I guess people only notice the injuries on their favorite team. But I agree that was not the number one reason why we did so bad this year. Whether you want to admit it or not, the team is in a rebuild/stay competitive mode but by no means is ready to become world beaters like back in 07.

Either way we are all elated that the colts lost the SB, just like im sure you were in 07.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tamayo - its not what I think that matters.  Its what everyone thought and said about the pats and colts at the beginning of the year and what the final results were at the end. 

Everyone thought the pats were best.  They were not.  Now pats fans want to make excuses while trying to trash a colts team for losing in the superbowl that many across the nation didn't even think they would make the playoffs.  And injuries are not the excuse either because the colts lost more player games to injury than all but the Bills. 

Give some credit to the colts for their excellent and unexpected year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks All:
    Tamayo - its not what I think that matters.  Its what everyone thought and said about the pats and colts at the beginning of the year and what the final results were at the end.  Everyone thought the pats were best.  They were not.  Now pats fans want to make excuses while trying to trash a colts team for losing in the superbowl that many across the nation didn't even think they would make the playoffs.  And injuries are not the excuse either because the colts lost more player games to injury than all but the Bills.  Give some credit to the colts for their excellent and unexpected year.
    Posted by underdoggg

sorry Doggg.......no matter how you want to paint it..........Colts lost...whether they were expected there or not....Your team lost and this year whether the Pats were one and done.....same result.......two teams that lost. Manning failed again....and you still only have the 1 SB with Manning. Facts are facts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J.Bolt. Show J.Bolt's posts

Bolt - you are pathetic.  You never have the nerve to show when your team is playing poorly or has lost but when they are playing well or you can attempt to trash an opposing team, here you are.  You are the epitome of a bandwagoner.  The good news is that you probably get quite a bit of LA news in SD.  Lord knows you wouldn't go to a game.  
    Posted by underdoggg

Pathetic is your team. I always show up, irregardless. Just because your spineless team choked again doesn't validate your distorted perspective. Stay the course lamebrain. Your Colts succkk, while playing in the worst conference in football. What are you going to do when Peyton retires in a couple years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Guess my TV must be broken...On mine the Saints kick azz in SB 44. Reading posts from this moron youd think the dolts won...Talk about DENIAL!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Tammy - Are you talking about the same Patriots team that was this year's odds on preseason favorite to win the Super Bowl?  The same Patriots team that no one on this board in the preseason said, "nope, the pundits are wrong, our Pats aren't going to be that good"?  That Patriots team.  I love your revisionist history.  Love it.  Still haven't answered my question.  Who was the last good team the colts played? Further, now that you are one of many who have revised their opinion of the pats since the preseason, exactly how were the pats rebuilding?  Don't say Seymour.  Most people here were happy to seem him go.  Said he took too many plays off.  Better off without him.  Keeping Bruschi or Vrabel or Harrison would not have been an upgrade.  Remember, this team was the odds on favorite to win the super bowl this year and one guy (seymour) would not have changed that.  By contrast, there were many many outlets who said the colts would not make the playoffs.  They were picking, the Pats, Titans, Texans, Chargers, Steelers, and Ravens.  Too much change for the colts.  Too much offseason turmoil.  Marvin Harrison gone.  Bob Sanders starting the season injured.  Tony Ugoh ineffective.  1st Week Anthony Gonzalez, Harrison's replacement out with a knee injury.  Given what was expected nationally of the colts at the beginning of the year - and this includes the expectations of pats fans, the colts outperformed their expectations more than any other team in the NFL this year. Don't forget to answer those questions, Tammy.
    Posted by underdoggg

Yeah, I did a quick search to confirm your version of history. Here were the parameters "2009 nfl preseason predictions" in Google. I only clicked on the first three links and each one picked the colts to win the AFC South. So much for that.

And how does an in-season injury to Gonzalez become an issue when you are talking about the pre-season predictions? Was it predicted that he would go on IR?

Hopes were certainly high for the Pats with TB coming back especially with his 2007 performance and the fact that without him, the Pats went 11-5. So, go figure, pundits were high on both the Pats and colts.

But,let's look at your focus on the pre-season in attempting to compare the how well each team did against expectations for what it is - BS. It is a red herring. And you are using it to ease the pain from hitting the ground so hard after sitting at your giddy, "I wanna dance" heights.

Once the playoffs came and even before Welker's injury, most Pats fans had hope they could get deep into the playoffs. They weren't certain, but there was hope. The Pats had played very inconsistently through the season and couldn't hold a 4th quarter lead against a good team. The loss to the Texans in the same manner in the last week of the season confirmed what a lot already knew - while they were better than a lot of teams, they just weren't a great team this year. Losing Welker sealed the deal. When the playoffs began, the talk was "if they can do this" not "when they get to the SB" as in years past. 

The colts however ran a different route. They were given multiple opportunites by the refs to "come from behind" in 7 games. They actually looked good enough and lucky enough to make a great playoff run and when the playoffs started, they were always in the mix to get to the AFCCG, if not the SB. They won 14 in a row and only lost because they chose to be quitters. This still did not deter the media nor the fans from proclaiming the organization to be the greatest run ever and Manning to be the right hand of god.

So, going into the playoffs we had a "hope they can" team in the Pats and a "when they get there" team in the colts. Pats fans had several big losses during the season - including 2 to the SB participants - and had their fingers crossed. colts fans had a 14 game win streak and kept lying to themselves that they would have gone undefeated had they wanted to. They also had to convince themselves that the lie by the colts front office about resting as being the best way to get to the SB was true. And convince themselves they did. All the way to the SB. Some even felt like dancing after the AFCCG, remember? 

So, the Pats had a not great for them season and an early out, but their play prepared us for it. The colts had a nearly undefeated season, a few big lies and were polishing off the Lombardi at the end of January. No, dear ud, the Pats loss was not bigger nor was it more upsetting. The colts failure to live up their own lies, the lies you bought into, is a fantastic letdown.

And I am laughing at you because you were the biggest defender of the lies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

As for Seymour - his loss meant nothing to the team.  As many said here, he took plays off.  Was frequently hurt.  The players on the team and brought in were going to be better than Seymour anyway.  If the pats were odds on favorites, then the loss of one player should not disrupt that expectation, unless its Tom Brady. 
    Posted by underdoggg

That is BS. The loss of Seymour totally affected the D. You make it seem like they were trying to get rid of him. They weren't. They were looking at what to do with him this year because he would be an FA and then the Raiders dropped a #1 in the Pats lap for him. Big Sey went from being a guy who was a big contributor and valued for his experience to a guy who would help the future by becoming a high draft pick. BB even said this. Basically, the Raiders offer was one that they couldn't refuse because they were giving so much for him. After this year, he would have likely been gone with nothing in recompense.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Dogg No amount of spin can change the basic facts: Your team is cowardly Your QB is a choke artist of historic proportions You team only wins a big game when aided by outrageous calls in your favor Your GM is a crybaby that deserves the ridicule and suspicion he draws.
    Posted by Encinitas

This sums things up clearly and after manning got the manning face for the 18th time in his post season career the rest of the world has recognized it too.

Sections
Shortcuts