Thanks All

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Thanks All

Dog I have to compliment you and I have in the past as well if more posters were as well spoken as you this would be a much better venue but the idiots make me laugh so I guess it is a wash!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

M10 - I agree with your comment.  I think after a few expected struggles near the end of the season, people jumped off the saints bandwagon, but that did not make them a bad team.  They were better than the colts and their coaching was better. 

And I agree with your comment on the vegas thing, but it is relevant as proposition for could be expected next year.  For example, the Pats were the odds on favorite this year.  That didn't happen, but they did make the playoffs. 

When in the offseason, can we really ask for anything more - make the playoffs then let the chips fall where they may. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Bolt - you are pathetic.  You never have the nerve to show when your team is playing poorly or has lost but when they are playing well or you can attempt to trash an opposing team, here you are. 

You are the epitome of a bandwagoner.  The good news is that you probably get quite a bit of LA news in SD.  Lord knows you wouldn't go to a game.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

KP - I can answer your question.  I am here because this is quite evidently a colts board more than a Pats board.  Take a look for yourself and tell me differently.  The evidence is right there on your screen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 2/9/2010
    M10 - I agree with your comment.  I think after a few expected struggles near the end of the season, people jumped off the saints bandwagon, but that did not make them a bad team.  They were better than the colts and their coaching was better. 

And I agree with your comment on the vegas thing, but it is relevant as proposition for could be expected next year.  For example, the Pats were the odds on favorite this year.  That didn't happen, but they did make the playoffs. 

When in the offseason, can we really ask for anything more - make the playoffs then let the chips fall where they may. 

Do you think that your team will ever learn that resting your players in the last 2 games is not a good idea?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

m10 - see there you go. 

You make a very valid comment which makes me think you've turned the corner from being just a trash talker to someone who wants to really discuss football and this you put out this trash. 

Why don't you tell me exactly what effect you think resting the players on 12/27/09 and 1/3/10 had on this team on 2/7/10 that it did not have on 1/7/10 and 1/14/10.   I look forward to your answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

dogg maybe you and leon should have a discussion about whose board this is. I'm sure he thinks it's a Leon board. The reason why the colts are the subject lately is simply because they were in the SB, are one of our chief rivals and frankly the media love affair with the 9-9 playoff record Manning is annoying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Doggg will get respect for showing up and taking a beating......I disagree with his opinion.....but he didn't run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 2/9/2010
    KP - I can answer your question.  I am here because this is quite evidently a colts board more than a Pats board.  Take a look for yourself and tell me differently.  The evidence is right there on your screen.

No dude, this is still a Pats board. Trolls like you and Jbolt try to make it into a Chargerless or Ponies board but I seriously doubt that if either of your overrated teams even made the playoffs, you trolls would have tuned out a long time ago. I have a suggestion, now that both of your teams have experienced their usual playoff exit, how about the rest of you pony fans and chargerless fans do the same! Regardless of how many times you make an appearance, this will still and always be a Patriots board. Perhaps when your loser teams can acquire more than one, of items like these:

A real conversation can take place

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

LOL - KP said, the colts are overrated.  At this point, there is only one group of NFL fans that have the right to say that (and probably wouldn't) and it shore ain't pats fans.  know what I mean?

Further, KP, you mention the colts "usual playoff exit" and I can't help asking haven't the pats playoff exits been more usual than the colts over the past 5 years?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks All:
    Tas - I have tried not to make excuses, because I don't think there are any to be made.  I do wish the colts would have challenged the onside kick because I think I saw in the replay that it looked like a Colts possessed it before the scrum.  I could be wrong.  I haven't watched it again.  The fact is the saints made the plays they had to and the colts did not.  There were only a couple of those but they were enough.  I will disagree with you that the colts COULD NOT beat the Saints.  They could have.  By this I mean, the Colts are good enough to beat the saints, but they didn't yesterday.  According to Vegas, the colts are the current favorites to win the SB next year.  So I got that to look forward to. 
    Posted by underdoggg

You are correct in saying the Colts could have beat Saints......if they had Tom Brady as the starting QB. I only remember Brady making the play when it counted in all of his Superbowls. Even in 07! 

The Debate is over!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks All:
    LOL - KP said, the colts are overrated.  At this point, there is only one group of NFL fans that have the right to say that (and probably wouldn't) and it shore ain't pats fans.  know what I mean? Further, KP, you mention the colts "usual playoff exit" and I can't help asking haven't the pats playoff exits been more usual than the colts over the past 5 years?  
    Posted by underdoggg

Facts are facts, your team barely got by in many, many games. They were crowned team of the decade with a guaranteed win in the SB and lost when they finally played a quality opponent for the 1st time in a month and a half.

It makes no difference what team you root for. When a team is over rated, such as the Colts, anyone has the right to point that out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tamayo- even I know they were not crowned team of the decade.  Quit trying to add sht just so you can make the loss seem worse. 

Who was the last quality opponent they played?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I'm not adding s#!t. Baltimore and the Jets is all they had to play against, two 9-7 teams with crappy offenses, come on now! Ill admit the Ravens rocked the Pats but we weren't very good this year and were basically rebuilding. When it came time to a great team like the Saints, you can tell they weren't ready for such a strong opponent.

Did you catch a glimpse of anything the media was putting out there the past couple of weeks. Even on this site, of Boston Sports, there were multiple articles glorifying the colts. It was sickening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tammy - Are you talking about the same Patriots team that was this year's odds on preseason favorite to win the Super Bowl?  The same Patriots team that no one on this board in the preseason said, "nope, the pundits are wrong, our Pats aren't going to be that good"?  That Patriots team. 

I love your revisionist history.  Love it. 

Still haven't answered my question.  Who was the last good team the colts played?

Further, now that you are one of many who have revised their opinion of the pats since the preseason, exactly how were the pats rebuilding?  Don't say Seymour.  Most people here were happy to seem him go.  Said he took too many plays off.  Better off without him.  Keeping Bruschi or Vrabel or Harrison would not have been an upgrade.  Remember, this team was the odds on favorite to win the super bowl this year and one guy (seymour) would not have changed that. 

By contrast, there were many many outlets who said the colts would not make the playoffs.  They were picking, the Pats, Titans, Texans, Chargers, Steelers, and Ravens. 

Too much change for the colts.  Too much offseason turmoil.  Marvin Harrison gone.  Bob Sanders starting the season injured.  Tony Ugoh ineffective.  1st Week Anthony Gonzalez, Harrison's replacement out with a knee injury. 

Given what was expected nationally of the colts at the beginning of the year - and this includes the expectations of pats fans, the colts outperformed their expectations more than any other team in the NFL this year.

Don't forget to answer those questions, Tammy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

I'm asking you because I don't know who was the last balanced, great team the colts played. Its just one question that I posed to you. You should know being the colt fan. Fact is, ultimately, both our teams didn't accomplish anything this year because both went home w/o the title, and thats all that matters. Vegas makes the most boneheaded predictions and are always wrong. I don't know how a team getting rid of all its old leaders and replacing them with much younger players doesn't categorize rebuilding. I didn't insinuate that it was a purely rebuilding year but it was somewhat like that. Lets just see what happens next year when the Colts finally have to go into Foxboro to play.

So I asked you first, who was the last great team the colts played?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tammy - LOL

You didn't ask me.  You TOLD me the colts hadn't played a quality opponent in 1 1/2 months.  Go back and read your post. 

I was the one who asked! So, who was it?  

And please stop the backpeddle.  I don't distinguish "rebuilding" and "purely rebuilding".  Besides, both are incorrect. 

This wasn't just Vegas picking the Pats Tammy.  It was nearly every national media outlet and plenty of local ones as well.  It was also everyone on this board.  You reveled in the national love for the returning Tom Brady who had his injury well behind him.  The team went 11-5 with a QB that hadn't started since high school 8 years ago.  All of the weapons were in place + Fred Taylor.  Why wouldn't they be great again?    

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

Alright so I did tell you, my bad lol. I would guess the Pats back when they were healthier was the last great opponent.

Let me ask you this though, were you ever concerned or did it strike you as kind of living dangerously that they had to come back in so many games?

Whether Seymour took plays off or not, they traded him away so they can improve in the future. So to you, rebuilding is only when the team goes 4-12 or 3-13? you can't stay competitive? I'll admit the Pats underachieved by what our standards are but I see better days ahead, starting with next season. Can't wait for the ponies to visit us next year. It will be superbowl 44.5 lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

That team that plays in a HS division beat every team in your division when it wanted to.  What level is your division, Kindergarten?  LOL.  Keep pitching Tammy.  I'll keep knocking them out.  And I don't even need PED's like your boy, Roidney.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tamayo2431. Show tamayo2431's posts

So you guys barely beat us at your home field. Can't wait for next years game in Foxboro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Oh Tammy -- you didn't just use health as an excuse for your team's failures did you.  Cardinal sin my friend. 

One of your local sports sites, FootballOutsiders.com, gets national play.  The founder is a pats fan.  They look at stats in a different way than most.  One of the things they also do is measure how injuries affect a roster. 

This year the Colts had the second most injured roster in the NFL.  Remember, this is a site originated in the boston area and started by a pats fan.  Problem is, stats don't lie.  New England didn't even finish in the top 1/2. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2010/2009-adjusted-games-lost-totals

As for the colts.  I never considered them world beaters.  I agreed with the national media that the colts would not be great.  In fact, they weren't.  The truth is they outplayed their expectation more than any other successful team in the league.  Again, many did not pick them to make the playoffs. 

As for Seymour - his loss meant nothing to the team.  As many said here, he took plays off.  Was frequently hurt.  The players on the team and brought in were going to be better than Seymour anyway.  If the pats were odds on favorites, then the loss of one player should not disrupt that expectation, unless its Tom Brady.