Thanks for a great year, Patriots!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Thanks for a great year, Patriots!

All the boo hooing (ok, i am doing some of it) about losing aside, what a great year the team has put together!  Up and down a bit, but reloaded, and ready for bear! Heartfelt thanks to the team and organization for fielding a 14-3 team with all the rookies and free agents we had to employ.  Nice work, I'm looking forward to the draft and hopefully, the 2011 season!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Thanks for a great year, Patriots!

Nobody?  Really?  O.K.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Tough one to lose, too early to feel good about the year.  This hurts.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well guess I can't complain, they did far better than I expected this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm very optimistic about next year, but I'm concerned Brady has lost his playoff edge. You can't just ignore his bad numbers in the playoffs after putting up MVP numbers in '07 and '10. With that being said, the maturation of this year's rookie class along with another strong draft should set the pats up as the team to beat next year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks for a great year, Patriots!:
    In Response to Re: Thanks for a great year, Patriots! : Dave stop calling yourself a nobody....you matter! Maybe to an ameba in heat but hey, at least it's something! Where and what was the great year?  Did you mean the fact that Belechick never hired an Off. or Def. coordinator...again! That Bill didnt get players on defense that can get to a quaterback?...again THAT HE FIANLLY AFTER 4 and a half YEARS GOT RID OF LAURA MARONEY? That he kept an over the hill and injured Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris? and they are still here? That they didnt sign the best player on the O-Line and made a show of it? and will lose him anyway? THat they were called out by Randy Moss and then got rid of him? That they are now getting a team full of midgets for running backs and receivers? That Bill called out and BENCHED his best receiver to show that he is Emperor and King Bill, and No ONE shall disobey his Commandments, even if it means losing the playoff game? That the Patriot team has now been one and done for 3 years and cannot win a playoff game? Is that the year your talking about Dave?
    Posted by Stommmper

You can't spell Amoeba.  I stopped reading after that.  If I can spell it, and you can't, you obviously are NOT in a position to give me advice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yes, Thanks for a great season and lets get back to the SB next year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I had them going 10 and 6, then one and done. I believe if you've got Brady you got a shot, every year. I wish they'd be aggressive and take some free agent risks, while Brady is still here. I also believe that if Bill and Brady are together they should win it all every year, so I'm very disappointed. The jets were better and deserved to win, they spent the cash and are clearly built for playoff football, we are not much different than last years team...not nearly good enough. Brady was better this year, that's why our record was. Until we get some play makers on defense...this is what you're going to get.

Too bad, I really liked our running game down the stretch with Woody and Ellis. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

Too bad, I really liked our running game down the stretch with Woody and Ellis. 
    Posted by mthurl

I wish the offense just focus on the run a little bit more. They finally have two good solid RB that can run and not fumble the ball.

Good season but not good enough. I'm very optimistic of the next season 2011-2012.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsHaterinCO. Show PatsHaterinCO's posts

Great year!!!!  You lost your last game of the season, that can never be a great year.  Espeically when your team was the odds on favorite to win it all this year.  Just admit it losers and realize your run is over.  Brady will never see another SUperbowl and it will be decades, if ever, before the Patriots ever play in another Superbowl.  Brady is 34 and all the cheating has taken its toll on him and BB...it's over guys get used to being losers!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeattlePatsFan99. Show SeattlePatsFan99's posts

Yes, a this was great year....even though I too was disappointed with the loss. Experience is everything in the play-offs and we are playing with a BRAND NEW defense and several new players on offense. We lost to a young, hungry, focused team that was in the AFC championship last year. It can happen.

Also, 14-2 in a rebuilding year...hello!. Did anyone really expect that this year?
    Weren't the Jets suppose to win the AFC east this year?  

Also, we are in troll heaven, aren't we :).....Ignore them. Like they know anything. Please. They are just trying to get a rise out of you. 

Don't take the bait.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

Yes, thank you, Patriots!

There is only one thing that makes a playoff loss palatable, and you continue to deliver marvelously.  (wink wink!)

Love, Peyton

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Agree - very good year from a team rebuilding going into the year and then traded its biggest deep threat on offense during the year and still finished with the NFL's best record. Hopefully with all the draft picks BB can fix the few weaknesses the team now has - particularly the pass rush.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

To Brady's credit, he has been sacked 13 times in the past 3 playoff games.
    His QB rating was 89 in the game on Sunday. Not good by his standards, but certainly not the reason the Patriots lost. 65% completion, 6.6 YPA, 2 TD to 1 INT. Hardly pathetic, especially given the fact that his receivers couldn't get open.
    It's really bugging me seeing people starting to dog Woodhead and Law-Firm after EVERYONE was talking them up all year. People wanting Brady's head after an MVP season. People wanting Belichick's head.
     I specifically remember the 2 months leading up to Sunday everyone was thrilled with how this team was put together. How there were so many young playmakers on defense. How the running game was finally going after years of dissappearance. How Brady finally found the fire and that he regained the upper hand on Peyton. How this was Belichicks greatest year as coach. It's pathetic. The bottom line is that none of you can keep your wits about you. I kept my head in check throughout the season, because I knew this team was young and was the perfect scenario for a letdown. The good news is that, barring regression from the young players, they should only improve next season. Maybe not improve on the 14-2 record, which is damn near impossible to do (let us not try that again), but just improving how they show up every game. I think the young guys learned a valuable lesson against the Jets that they can't take any game lightly.
    While everyone is freaking out, I'm actually seeing this game as not being played as that poorly, especially compared to their other playoff losses.
    2006: Colts make huge comeback
    2007: Need I say more
    2009: Run off the field
    2010: Were competitive the whole game. They had a couple turnovers, which was rare for them. They had built up a reputation for not turning it over, and we were all stunned when they did.
    The defense didn't play nearly as bad as Bart Scott put it. 300 yards of offense isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Sanchez was safe with the ball yesterday, and when he does that, the Jets will win their games 90% of the time. I'm willing to bet that percentage is accurate.
    Special teams is where they got killed. Other than FG kicking, they were dominated. They lost the field position game BIG time. The Jets average starting point was around their 35. Patriots were mostly around their 20. Chung's botched fake punt was bad, but I don't blame him for that. Had he made it, we all would be kissing his feet (I didn't even mean for that to be directed at Ryan, but I'll take credit for the joke anyways) and saying it was a great call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Great year!!!!  You lost your last game of the season, that can never be a great year.  Espeically when your team was the odds on favorite to win it all this year.  Just admit it losers and realize your run is over.  Brady will never see another SUperbowl and it will be decades, if ever, before the Patriots ever play in another Superbowl.  Brady is 34 and all the cheating has taken its toll on him and BB...it's over guys get used to being losers!
    Posted by PatsHaterinCO

Your primary function in life is to run around hating the Pats.  That's pretty sad.  No, thats just Pathetic.  Don't you guys have a football team in Colorado or something? Oh, no.  You only have the Broncos.  Forgot.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

It was a great year.  They won a lot more games than most folks thought. They were the #1 seed in the AFC - won the afc east - Everything was setup for another SB run!
    Just had a rough day this past Sunday and everything is washed out.  That is the NFL.

Hopefully they'll be playing football next year (cba) - and the Pats can have a Better year and kick a** in the Playoffs next season!  The good part is, alot of these 'kids' just got experience in playoffs.  IF the Pats position themselves again next season, I feel they'll be in INDY for 2012 SB.  Of course alot needs to happen before then, but I feel they learned alot this season and they will get this right sooner than later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

It was a great year.  They won a lot more games than most folks thought. They were the #1 seed in the AFC - won the afc east - Everything was setup for another SB run! Just had a rough day this past Sunday and everything is washed out.  That is the NFL. Hopefully they'll be playing football next year (cba) - and the Pats can have a Better year and kick a** in the Playoffs next season!  The good part is, alot of these 'kids' just got experience in playoffs.  IF the Pats position themselves again next season, I feel they'll be in INDY for 2012 SB.  Of course alot needs to happen before then, but I feel they learned alot this season and they will get this right sooner than later.
    Posted by NOISE

Good post, Noise. I just hope both sides come to their senses and play next year
    The Pats are in good shape with a lot of young players. They just need to develope a respectable pass rush.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yes, thank you, Patriots! There is only one thing that makes a playoff loss palatable, and you continue to deliver marvelously.  (wink wink!) Love, Peyton
    Posted by TheCurtainStainer

You still here?  I thought they took out the trash on tuesdays.  Good point though.  Peyton sure would know the most about what makes a playoff loss palatable.  He's eaten enough of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Posted by PatsHaterinCO

And your team is the Jets right? Last time you had a run ( of 1 season )the Beatles were still together.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'm pretty happy with what we accomplished this year. If we don't improve next year and our season ends the same way I'll be disappointed but this year was a Total success for me. I'm a lot more confident about our prospects as a team than I was at this time last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

At the risk of EVERYONE making Jackson comments if it doesn't work, I would like to see them draft the biggest receiver they can find.  But since they NEVER do it the way I want them to, it's pretty much a given that they won't do that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to Re: Thanks for a great year, Patriots! :   Good post, Noise. I just hope both sides come to their senses and play next year The Pats are in good shape with a lot of young players. They just need to develope a respectable pass rush.
    Posted by niz-58

Thanks Niz-58, I also meant to add - they really need to re-sign Mr. Mankins.  Let's not fool around this year with him.  I think we ALL saw what the O-line did since he came back.  Take care of him.  Again, with 3 top picks 17/28 and 33 - the Pats can always Land another TOP notch OLINEMAN.  It really all starts on the LINE - the Pats need to get the Lines sured up! Oline and Dline!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from enviroman2. Show enviroman2's posts

The objective of playing the game is to win the Superbowl - not be satisfied with a good pre-playoff record.  If we settle - then there will be no pressure for the Team to change!  That said, the Pats continue to provide good entertainment during the regular season.  However, I agree with some of the other commentors - Brady seems to have lost his edge/burning desire when playing in the Post Season.  I also think that Belichick needs to realize that he cant effectively coach both offensive and deffensive sides of the ball - especially during the playoffs!  The Kraft's need to force Bill to hire a competent, proven Offensive and Defensive Coordinator - NOW! - Bill's ego wont allow him to come to that conclusion on his own.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The objective of playing the game is to win the Superbowl - not be satisfied with a good pre-playoff record.  If we settle - then there will be no pressure for the Team to change!  That said, the Pats continue to provide good entertainment during the regular season.  However, I agree with some of the other commentors - Brady seems to have lost his edge/burning desire when playing in the Post Season.  I also think that Belichick needs to realize that he cant effectively coach both offensive and deffensive sides of the ball - especially during the playoffs!  The Kraft's need to force Bill to hire a competent, proven Offensive and Defensive Coordinator - NOW! - Bill's ego wont allow him to come to that conclusion on his own.
    Posted by enviroman2

Nice to have an opinion, I guess.  Looks like you made some of this up.  Ego?  You guess, you don't know the man.  From what I have read, he did it so no one would get upset over NOT being named the Coordinator, and so he had the option to switch.  But YOU decided it was ego.  YOU decided that Brady has no fire.  Yet, the Jets think he DID have fire, too much in fact.  Which is the case?  You just need to face the facts: Last year we were not that good.  This year we were MUCH better, and laid an egg at an inopportune time.  That's really all, and the strum und drang here is mostly a few cowardly Jet so called "fans" (the REAL Jet fans are celebrating on Jet sites) that have a moment in the sun to stir things up.  That's really all it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

I had the Pats going 10 - 6 for the regular season, possibly reaching the playoffs. This was a rebuilding year with all the changes that was made. Of course... my thoughts change during the season as they improved game by game. At the end of the season with a #1 seed and a bye week. I still wasn't sure the Pats would make it to the SB but did think that would at least get to the AFCC game. I also had a feeling the Jets game was going to be tough as it always is against division rivals. I could go on and on about the game that was lost but it is what it is. Overall. It was a pretty exciting season and I'm lookig forward to next season. Providing we have a season.

Sections
Shortcuts