Thanks Kevin Faulk............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Thanks Kevin Faulk............

Kevin Faulk has offically retired  from football today. One of my all time favorites and truly a team first player. Enjoy your retirement............its well deserved

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Thanks Kevin Faulk............

Faulk was a vastly underrated player. I absolutely reviled the guy earlier in his career when he had fumbleitis. But he eventually corrected that and became a devastating weapon when the chips were down.

Great NEP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He wasn't as fast or flashy as the big-name guys, but there isn't anything he couldn't do.  Thanks for your service to Patriot Nation Kevin!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Thanks to Kevin Faulk for helping to make the New England Patriots one of the best teams in the NFL over the last decade +. Best of luck with with whatever the future holds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He wasn't as fast or flashy as the big-name guys, but there isn't anything he couldn't do.  Thanks for your service to Patriot Nation Kevin!

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about not fast. Other than the last couple of years he could get out of the backfield to catch that short pass for a first down as quick as anyone in the NFL. He was also as good at picking up the blitz as anyone. He was never the classic NFL star running back. He was the guy that could do all of the non highlight film things very well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I always felt confident when Faulk came into the games, just always seemed to be Mr. Dependable!  Glad he is hanging up the cleats, too bad he couldn't retire on his own terms.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

One of a kind guy..Could do everything and without a lot of flash afterwards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Congrats to Kevin on a great career and for being one of the most steady and reliable Patriots in the last decade. Best wishes on whatever path you decide to travel in the future. May not stray too  far from Foxboro??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

He was a 3-time Super Bowl winner, but what I'll always remember most is that in one of the worst games in Pats playoff history--that awful 33-14 playoff loss to the Ravens--Faulk was the only Patriot who played with heart and fire. It was that character that made him a real champion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I ran into Moss, wilfork, gaffney and Faulk at cheese cake factory in west palm beach. It was right after the 07 season and moss had just broke rices td record. I was on my way up to ask wilfork or moss to sign my st Patrick's day edition pats hat, but then noticed Faulk in the back of the group. I literally brushed by moss and apologized to Faulk for interrupting him. He looked down at my hat and said, whatcha got there my man? He grabbed the hat and said, "that's tight" and signed it. I didn'teven bother with the others. I got my favorite offensive players signature. I was happy.

Thanks for that Kevin, you were a true patriot. Enjoy your retirement. You deserve it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

One of my favorite players of all time! Thanks for everything #33 I hope he joins the coaching staff

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LJB064. Show LJB064's posts

One of the true Patiots - team first, 1000% effort and no BS.  

As BB would say - "a football player."  His highest compliment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

When people talk about "The Patriot Way",Kevin and Troy Brown are the perfect examples of it.What a great offensive weapon Faulk was,I'll miss seeing him on the field.Thank you and  best of luck in your retirement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

One of the only good decisions Pete Carrol made! Thanks for the memories Kevin. The Shotgun, direct snap for a TD or 2 point conversion will always be one of my favorite plays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, too, in the early years was concerned about Kevin's penchant for fumbling but once he corrected that I was always happy to see him on the field.  A class act, a he11 of a football player and one who was always there when the team needed him most.  Wish him the best no matter what he decides to do.  Thank you, Kevin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from faninCT. Show faninCT's posts

Kevin is an outstanding player who helped make the Patriots a successful football team. Godspeed Kevin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Really liked what he did with his career..improved so much as a player and became a vital part of those Super Bowl teams. This guy was so versitile for us - great hands. I remember at camp during his rookie year Pete Caroll had him fielding punts...he was catching them with one hand. I thought to myself...what does this rookie think he's doing? Turns out he could catch better with one hand, than most can with two. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Kevin Faulk defines "PATRIOTS WAY". CLUTCH,VERSATILE,DEPENDABLE. I hope he gets a coaching job with the pats, he has the football iq and leadership ability to be a great coach.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Patriots Hall of Fame---

Next year, Bruschi and Willie McGinest will become eligible for the honor. There is a five year wait after retirement before eligibility. Law will come next in 2014, Mike Vrabel will be eligible in 2015 Kevin Faulk and Matt Light will become eligible in 2016.

NESN

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Brady I believe once referred to Faulk as "the most clutch player he ever played with".  He might not get much recognition outside of New England, but he is one of those guys that will always be remembered here for his contributions.

Sections
Shortcuts