Thanks NFL. Good job.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Thanks NFL. Good job.

Pathetic. Ravens were in the bag since start of the season.  Ray Lewis miracle return, the bag job against the Pats earlier in the season. The bag job against Denver, and I'm no Peyton fan. Win one for Ray. They got it. The NFL realized just what they could get away with in 07.  When they did that to the Pats in the Superbowl, and got zero repercussions from the fans, owners or players, they had it. They can do what they want when they want. The Pats in 09, 10 and even last year weren't that good. Lucky last year. This year they were good, but the NFL wanted its storyline, and they got it. I knew it back week 4, and the Denver playoff game reaffirmed it. Other than acts of god, ie injury, fumbles, picks etc, they were going to do their best to get Balt to the big dance. They succeeded. 

I just want to see fairness. One more season like this, and why should it but be any different, then I'm done. Why the players would even bother is beyond me. Oh yeah, money that's right.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Thanks NFL. Good job.

I saw the most egregious non holding call on the defender on the last pass  to Crabtree...he held him for 5 seconds as if he was performing on dancing with  the stars. A correct holding call & it's first and goal with 1 1/2 minutes left.

Disgusting !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

While I did not enjoy seeing the Ravens and drama queen Ray win, it isn't the Patriots so I don't really care.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

You mentioned jughead....if HE had thrown that ball in endzone you bet flags would have been thrown,,,,,,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How about Rice only getting 28 of the 29 needed yards  for the 1st down against San Diego. Nice extra yard given by the Ref on the spot.  Without that gift, game over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Nfl didn't gift wrap this.

Rahim Moore did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

How about Rice only getting 28 of the 29 needed yards  for the 1st down against San Diego. Nice extra yard given by the Ref on the spot.  Without that gift, game over.

Damn, forgot about that one too. See it's amazing. It's a bigger issue than most anything else, yet gets no play. Zero. If they want an investigation, investigate that. Serious. What would be found out? Bet it wouldn't be good. It's borderline criminal, if not criminal. People pay their hard earned many to watch/go to games, buy merchandise and this is what they get? It would put the recent Bountygate to shame. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Yawn... Nothing but unhappy fans venting. If you really believe that the NFL fixes games and "decides" who the champion will be, then I have two questions:

1) Why do you watch and invest time, money and mindspace in the sports?

2) The Patriots Championships would be just as meaningless as any other teams. Or did they win the few years the NFL decided not to pick the champion?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Why didn't the NFL rig the Ravens the #1 seed?

Wouldn't it have been better to have Ray's home sendoff in the championship game as opposed to the Wildcard game?

Please. It's not like the Ravens have been a crap team the past couple of years. They got healthy at the right time, got a new O Coordinator and had a much better oline alignment.

If you're going to say the NFL bagged it every time a team you dislike wins, then you might as well just say they bagged it for the Pats in '01...Otherwise you're just a hypocritical sore loser.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

sour grape thread alert. 

It was obvious watching this game the Ravens deserved to win this year, they were better than New England in several key areas.

Every NFL team and player has an obligation to add HGH blood testing, that's not on one person or one team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

I could have personally not cared who won. I take things on a case by case basis.  This was just the year that I bothered me the most. To me, it was painfully obvious.  The Ravens were hurt by injuries, lest you forget with the help of the officials, with that win over the Pats in week 4 they were 2 games up. Like I said, the NFL can't do much about injuries. That's why they didn't get the 1 seed.  Do I think the Ravens are a good team? Sure. Do I like them? Not really. I can't stand Peyton and Denver, but I knew it was bad when I watched that game. Champ Bailey? PI? Sure. 

I have hope. Like I said, it started in '07. That "miracle" pass was holding left and right and long after the whistle should have been blown. No uproar, no nothing. If the NFL games were officiated correctly, there would be less PI calls and a ton more holding calls, especially in the trenches. However they can use those penalties to influence a game they so choose. I just want to see a fair playing field. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

Pathetic. Ravens were in the bag since start of the season.  Ray Lewis miracle return, the bag job against the Pats earlier in the season. The bag job against Denver, and I'm no Peyton fan. Win one for Ray. They got it. The NFL realized just what they could get away with in 07.  When they did that to the Pats in the Superbowl, and got zero repercussions from the fans, owners or players, they had it. They can do what they want when they want. The Pats in 09, 10 and even last year weren't that good. Lucky last year. This year they were good, but the NFL wanted its storyline, and they got it. I knew it back week 4, and the Denver playoff game reaffirmed it. Other than acts of god, ie injury, fumbles, picks etc, they were going to do their best to get Balt to the big dance. They succeeded. 

I just want to see fairness. One more season like this, and why should it but be any different, then I'm done. Why the players would even bother is beyond me. Oh yeah, money that's right.  

get a life

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

get a life

When you say something like that all of your ideas/responses are invalidated. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clouts. Show clouts's posts

My gawd, how do you sleep at night?  Talk about paranoid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I do not believe games are rigged the winners decided for story lines.

I do believe the referees are terribly inconsistent across the board. In all areas but especially offensive line holding and PI. 

Nearly every WR pushes off when they run to the DB and cut away from the DB. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

dont think the NFL is rigged, however the ray lewis story is neauseating.

as far as that ray rice 4th and 29 play, yes that was a bad call, and the refs have given him the benefit of a few plays like that where he was clearly short of the marker. there was one in the super bowl as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Yawn... Nothing but unhappy fans venting. If you really believe that the NFL fixes games and "decides" who the champion will be, then I have two questions:

1) Why do you watch and invest time, money and mindspace in the sports?

2) The Patriots Championships would be just as meaningless as any other teams. Or did they win the few years the NFL decided not to pick the champion?

I'm inclined to agree.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I could have personally not cared who won. I take things on a case by case basis.  This was just the year that I bothered me the most. To me, it was painfully obvious.  The Ravens were hurt by injuries, lest you forget with the help of the officials, with that win over the Pats in week 4 they were 2 games up. Like I said, the NFL can't do much about injuries. That's why they didn't get the 1 seed.  Do I think the Ravens are a good team? Sure. Do I like them? Not really. I can't stand Peyton and Denver, but I knew it was bad when I watched that game. Champ Bailey? PI? Sure. 

I have hope. Like I said, it started in '07. That "miracle" pass was holding left and right and long after the whistle should have been blown. No uproar, no nothing. If the NFL games were officiated correctly, there would be less PI calls and a ton more holding calls, especially in the trenches. However they can use those penalties to influence a game they so choose. I just want to see a fair playing field. 

i will agree that that non-call in that 2007 super bowl was ridiculous.....but we all know if that was called, ol' jints would still be here whining -_-

but thats not the NFL fixing games, thats just bad officiating.

19. This post has been removed.