Thanks, Pats, for an amazing season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks, Pats, for an amazing season

Like every Pats fan, I am disappointed today on the result of yesterday's AFCCG.  That said, and I have said this before, I believe the Pats were playing with house money.  The team overcame an incredibly traumatic event before the season started, season ending injuries to five key players and the inevitable adjustment period when an injection of young talent is exprerienced by the team.  As a consequence of some incredibly strong defense early in the season, an emerging offense as the year progressed and a new-found ground game late the team advanced to the conference championship game.  That they came up s h o r t is disappointing, yes but nor horribly surprising given what they were dealing with all season.

I, for one, am optimistic about this team going forward.  The Pats are the second youngest team in the league.  Are there holes?  Of course, but they can be filled. 

Thank you Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the rest of this year's edition of my favorite, and incredibly gritty, football team.  I can't wait for the 2014 season to begin.

(Why in the name of reason is the word s h o r t not acceptable for crying out loud???!!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Thanks, Pats, for an amazing season

We will not see another Lombardi as long as BB is the GM. Nine straight seasons of coming up empty. Brady should move on for his own good and let the genius sink or swim and stuff a bushel basket of Mallet down the throat of every football imbecile in NE that thinks Brady has been anywhere near being the problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Like every Pats fan, I am disappointed today on the result of yesterday's AFCCG.  That said, and I have said this before, I believe the Pats were playing with house money.  The team overcame an incredibly traumatic event before the season started, season ending injuries to five key players and the inevitable adjustment period when an injection of young talent is exprerienced by the team.  As a consequence of some incredibly strong defense early in the season, an emerging offense as the year progressed and a new-found ground game late the team advanced to the conference championship game.  That they came up s h o r t is disappointing, yes but nor horribly surprising given what they were dealing with all season.

I, for one, am optimistic about this team going forward.  The Pats are the second youngest team in the league.  Are there holes?  Of course, but they can be filled. 

Thank you Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the rest of this year's edition of my favorite, and incredibly gritty, football team.  I can't wait for the 2014 season to begin.

(Why in the name of reason is the word s h o r t not acceptable for crying out loud???!!)

Good Post!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Because this site is mickey mouse. They must have BB for a GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I agree this was the worse season in memory for season ending injuries for key players. Pure team grit carried them to a number of entertaining wins this season.  Gotta have more talent, more depth, less scrubs.  Broncos organization showed how to get it done with a talented supporting cast for their franchise QB. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I am with you 100%.  It disappoints me to see so many negative threads this morning.  The fact is, this team had a lot going against them and that's not BB's fault or any one player's fault.  Injuries happen.  I see someone commented about a need for depth on this team.  I find that laughable!  No way this team makes it as far as it did without plenty of depth.  Another poster is going on about BB's failures as a GM.  When are some people going to "learn the game"?

Anyway, just wanted to say that I share your optimism for next year and also can't wait for the new season to begin.  In the meantime, I won't mind a few months to catch my breath and recharge emotionally.  These kinds of seasons can real wear you out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yet, ATJ, there is a peception out there the Pats SHOULD HAVE won and because they didn't. look at all the blame being placed on Brady.  Everyone is giving credit to Manning for the Broncos winning.  He had a BETTER team around him yesterday and it is his play that won the game for the Broncos.  Brady did not have a better team around him and the blame is falling on Brady.  Strange, huh?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

We will not see another Lombardi as long as BB is the GM. Nine straight seasons of coming up empty. Brady should move on for his own good and let the genius sink or swim and stuff a bushel basket of Mallet down the throat of every football imbecile in NE that thinks Brady has been anywhere near being the problem.

Babe, I do not see Brady moving on.  He will stay around.

As to your point about the "genius".  Let's say Brady is his own worst enemy.  He is so good at making players around him, players who come to the Pats without much of a resume, that much better.  As a result, BB, it appears, has no compelling reason to go out and get players who are already good in their own right.  Brady HAS put the Pats in position to have won FIVE Super Bowls and only the lack of a good D kept two of those SB games in the win column.  Brady can only do as much as the team around him can do.  By the way, he does not play defense, for those of you who do not know that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

Setling for less -the NE pats fans mantra for 11 years now.

Where do you see Pats fans "settling" for less?  Disappointment in the loss and you call it "settling"? You wish YOUR team made it to EIGHT AFCCG games in the last 13 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

I agree this was the worse season in memory for season ending injuries for key players. Pure team grit carried them to a number of entertaining wins this season.  Gotta have more talent, more depth, less scrubs.  Broncos organization showed how to get it done with a talented supporting cast for their franchise QB. 

When Talib went down, if there could have been a speaker for the fan base of the Pats, there would have been heard a cry of : " Not another game ending injury!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It was a great season.

High character players; fun to root for.  They over achieved in a big way.  Had they beaten Miami and played yesterday in Foxboro - who knows?

Miraculous results from a bangedup team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

It was a great season.

High character players; fun to root for.  They over achieved in a big way.  Had they beaten Miami and played yesterday in Foxboro - who knows?

Miraculous results from a bangedup team.

This team was written off so often this season... and there are trolls who pester this site claiming the Pats are a bunch of losers.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Very good post.... Consider Pats could have lost five or six more games that they with luck came from behind every time. Still had great year with injuries that other teams also had and played through them. Playing for a possible Superbowl berth and really only a maybe a 9-7 team or abouts ,We should all be proud .Our luck ran out and what can we say.The better teams won and so we move on. Hopefully with a lot more luck next season could put us back in the hunt.Iwill always stand by my Pats  and cheer them on year after year.Like this year we don't have to be good ,we just need to find better rabbit foots that really work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Yes William setling for 3rd or 4th place. Like it's acceptable. I thought for sure that everybody would be lining up outside of Foxboro picketing with signs that read

"FIRE BB or TRADE BRADY!-That would be a good start -new blood at the helm and the QB position. Old Tommy boy looked old yesterday and Peyton looked legendary.

Leon, you are so blinded by a dislike for the Pats and their fans.  Where is it said ANYWHERE here that Pats fans are "settling" for 3rd or 4th place?  This entire fan base is disappointed the team did not win the game yesterday and get to the SB, let alone win the SB.  You call that settling?  Jets fans settle for just a winning season, Pats fans feel anything less than a SB win is an unsuccessful season, but, we give credit to the team for doing its best and giving us a good season of effort.  Can you say that as a Jets fan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If anyone is interpreting my thread/post as 'settling' for anything then that particular reader has reading comprehension issues.  I'm guessing that the 'settling' interpretation is nothing more than a lame attempt at stirring the pot.  To that particular poster I would offer:  Insert the stirrer stick rectally and take a seat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Yes William setling for 3rd or 4th place. Like it's acceptable. I thought for sure that everybody would be lining up outside of Foxboro picketing with signs that read

"FIRE BB or TRADE BRADY!-That would be a good start -new blood at the helm and the QB position. Old Tommy boy looked old yesterday and Peyton looked legendary.

It's comical to see you more upset than the Pats fans.  The season is over...time for you to find a new hobby.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

This team went further than anyone could have expected considering all the players lost one way or another. It is a shame that they were not really competative in the Denver game but they won games and went a lot further than could be expected.

Time to bring this rebuilding to completion.... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

This team went further than anyone could have expected considering all the players lost one way or another.

Pretty much sums it all up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Actually 86 was the worse for injuries. Veris/Tippet/Lippet all injured in 1 play in preseason, that sir was the worse i ever saw. Atleast on the D side of ball. All 3 allpro's all 3 levels of the D.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This team overachievd given the loss of important players.

Sections
Shortcuts