thanks pats. that's what i wanted to see. could not be happier with every aspect of the game and the coaching today.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

thanks pats. that's what i wanted to see. could not be happier with every aspect of the game and the coaching today.

thanks. thats what i wanted to see.

could not be happier with evey aspect of teh game and teh coaching today.

leaps ahead of where weve been.

now we have to build on this so we have a chance to work toward a sb.

what a game.

just remember this was not a good defense. we cant get too full of ourselves

gotta build on this.

talib and dennard did jsut what i expected and said, when given the cahcne to compete.

ditto regarding bb finally bringing pressure.

held luck under 30.

improvement

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: thanks pats. that's what i wanted to see. could not be happier with every aspect of the game and the coaching today.

Bred - congrats on the game. 

I would not get overly amped about the game for this reason.  Luck is a guy who wants to win.  When pressed (and this I'll attribute to being a rookie) he'll force the issue.  Not many coaches do as good a job as belichick in exploiting that.  Other teams with better olines, better receivers and a better defense won't play the way the colts have. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: thanks pats. that's what i wanted to see. could not be happier with every aspect of the game and the coaching today.

In response to UD6's comment:

I would not get overly amped about the game for this reason.  Luck is a guy who wants to win.  When pressed (and this I'll attribute to being a rookie) he'll force the issue.  Not many coaches do as good a job as belichick in exploiting that.  Other teams with better olines, better receivers and a better defense won't play the way the colts have. 

Zone-blitz usually drives young QBs crazy. It's not something you see a lot of in college, so throw the kitchen sink at em. Luck has a good career ahead of him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Zone-blitz usually drives young QBs crazy. It's not something you see a lot of in college, so throw the kitchen sink at em. Luck has a good career ahead of him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Talib played real well for the most part - yeah he gave up a couple of touchdowns, but he had good coverage on one of them and he made up for it by scoring on a terrible throw by Luck. Speaking of Luck...does the guy ever look at anyone else but one receiver? I mean when he's locked on he's got some incredible accuracy, but man does he dial in what he's going to do.

Weird game - I couldn't believe how pathetic we were on D in the first half and then everything just blew up for the Colts. We got some pass rush - the rookie heard foot steps and we made them pay. Offense played about as efficient as you can get too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I give Belichick a lot of credit as a coach.  A rookie with a better team around him and a coach that won't turn that player loose would fare better than Luck did today.  But I think you are right, Luck's future is bright. 

I just caution pats fans who look at the colts record and think they are somehow better than many teams with worse records.  I don't care what Parcells thinks. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I thought Talib played real well for the most part - yeah he gave up a couple of touchdowns, but he had good coverage on one of them and he made up for it by scoring on a terrible throw by Luck. Speaking of Luck...does the guy ever look at anyone else but one receiver? I mean when he's locked on he's got some incredible accuracy, but man does he dial in what he's going to do.

Weird game - I couldn't believe how pathetic we were on D in the first half and then everything just blew up for the Colts. We got some pass rush - the rookie heard foot steps and we made them pay. Offense played about as efficient as you can get too.

Yeah, I mentioned that he does lock on receivers.  Its a young flaw. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think most people understood you weren't going to see his best today. 4 weeks off. New system. 

Still he played, without help over the top often. He made some plays, gave a big one up, and gave up another. 

Dennard was more impressive today than I can recall a Pats CB being in recent years too. And I think DMC at safety is a winning thing.

The offense was amazing as usual. If you told me they would get 60 something yards on 23 carries from their RBs, I never would have predicted this score. Brady is locked in. And I love the spread look they've used with Welk and Edelman on the field. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

normally, BB has had his way with rookie QBs. But I heard that BB/Patriots lost 3 of 4 vs. rookie QBs. Sorry Luck had to be the latest victim....well, no...not really  :)

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i said as much on the game thread. 

however this is  huge shift in teh defense. for that i am excited.

we are jsut beginning something, playing this way. we wil have to build ono it to compete wiht the best teams in the nfl.

i dont know if well win a sb this year, but if we move up twice in rd 1 and get 2 studs (dt and de) of the several who are available in rd 1 (using 2014 picks to do so) and a c/g in rd 3 who can win in run and pass blocking in the draft.

a safety and or cb in fa.

wr who can get seperation in fa, 7th rd or udfa

then we will be a super bowl expectant team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i thought the change came in the 2nd quarter.

talib and dennard can compete with teh wr consistently, unlike our dbs for teh last several years.

you are not going to win every one. but playing the way weve played for years, this is different.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I think most people understood you weren't going to see his best today. 4 weeks off. New system. 

Still he played, without help over the top often. He made some plays, gave a big one up, and gave up another. 

Dennard was more impressive today than I can recall a Pats CB being in recent years too. And I think DMC at safety is a winning thing.

The offense was amazing as usual. If you told me they would get 60 something yards on 23 carries from their RBs, I never would have predicted this score. Brady is locked in. And I love the spread look they've used with Welk and Edelman on the field. 

agree 100% and said same about talb being out.

repeating myself echoing your coments on dennard and talib.

offense was prolific.

i dont like the no back set.

beterr des will tee off on brady and you are rsiking his career.

unpredicability having a back who cna punnsih a de if they pin their ears back,.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

normally, BB has had his way with rookie QBs. But I heard that BB/Patriots lost 3 of 4 vs. rookie QBs. Sorry Luck had to be the latest victim....well, no...not really  :)

exactly bb has been beaten by 3 of last 4 rookie qbs till today. good trend to restart

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

You BB bashers are such frauds. Jesus. So pathetic.

in case you cant tell, we dont respond to you because we are ignoring you. go start yoru own board where the etiquette is attacking everyone else there.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Great game all around but I'm really interested in the SanFran and Houston games later on this year. We seem to be improving and that's the important part.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Rerun85's comment:

Great game all around but I'm really interested in the SanFran and Houston games later on this year. We seem to be improving and that's the important part.

yeah rerun, thats what i said in game thread.

if we use this as a starting point and build on it maybe we can tunr into something

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Ok I don't mean to be a wet blanket but alittle bit of a reality check.  The Pats D gave up 329 yards passing and 119 yards rushing (5 yards a carry).

I love that they created 4 turnovers but if they need 4 turnovers a game to win, sorry but the play-off run will be very short.  This is what happened the last few years in the play-offs you come up against good teams that don't turn the ball over and you need the d to stop them and it doesnt happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Ok I don't mean to be a wet blanket but alittle bit of a reality check.  The Pats D gave up 329 yards passing and 119 yards rushing (5 yards a carry).

I love that they created 4 turnovers but if they need 4 turnovers a game to win, sorry but the play-off run will be very short.  This is what happened the last few years in the play-offs you come up against good teams that don't turn the ball over and you need the d to stop them and it doesnt happen.

pats were talking about improvement.

cant go from worst to first in 1 game. 

credit for steps in the right direction

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Good post, bredbru.

Excellent day to be a Pats fan. Offense was humming on all cylinders, in part because defense played aggressively and got the ball back repeatedly. BB felt confortable playing very aggressively at the D-line and I think having the Talib and Dennard tandem covering down-field was part of that comfort. Talib played up to his billing and hopefully will keep getting better and will be a long-term fixture. People also forget how young this defense is. Once they settle in on a couple of formations, these guys will be here for a long time.

This is just one game and it was against a rookie QB but it looked and felt good. Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone. We can relish this for a few days and hopefully get a win against the Jets to cap off the celebration.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

Good post, bredbru.

Excellent day to be a Pats fan. Offense was humming on all cylinders, in part because defense played aggressively and got the ball back repeatedly. BB felt confortable playing very aggressively at the D-line and I think having the Talib and Dennard tandem covering down-field was part of that comfort. Talib played up to his billing and hopefully will keep getting better and will be a long-term fixture. People also forget how young this defense is. Once they settle in on a couple of formations, these guys will be here for a long time.

This is just one game and it was against a rookie QB but it looked and felt good. Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone. We can relish this for a few days and hopefully get a win against the Jets to cap off the celebration.

good post.

yes when was last game you felt optimistic about the year after this game.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts