Thanks Ty Law!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thanks Ty Law!!!

He is a big  reason Revis is here.

Ty's cousin said he has been in Revis' ear for the past week lobbying him to go the Pats.

They are both from the same neihborhood in Aliquippa, Pa and Revis will be wearing the same # 24 that made TY famous in N.E. Ty is still a mainstay in N.E. in will no doubt enjoy seeing his # 24 finally honored in a true fashion after having to watch guys like Kyle Arrington and Jonothan Wilhite Don the same # he made Great!

For us Fans, it will be like 1999 All Over Again watching Revis run around in the Pats Uni as they play the same style, just about same size so what a Treat! Never would have thought I see him here while still in his prime. Oh and Thanks BB for getting Kraft to open up that Gucci Bag and pay for a Real CB!

Revis is gonna bring confidence and swagger to our secondary even more so than Talib did. Hope he comes here in shape cuz he is gonna be covering longer than he ever has with this pass rush so BB, I hope you plan on upgrading our Line because if not, you just payed 12 million for a Toy w/no batteries.

Revis, Revis, Revis!!

Oh and Thanks Greg Schiano for another Rental and Thanks Rexy and Woody for making this ALL possible! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Thanks Ty Law!!!

Wow, makes sense. Revis is the best CB we've had since Law

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yea now Ty can stop ragging on our DBs when he is on comcast. Atleast now with a guy here he respects, he will enjoy reporting on his play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I like it.

Now let's see if Willie Mac can step up and do the same for the front seven.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like it.

[/QUOTE]

Put a call into Peppers?  I Hope so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

Wonder how much Revis has to pay Adrian Wilson for the 24 jersey?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yea now Ty can stop ragging on our DBs when he is on comcast. Atleast now with a guy here he respects, he will enjoy reporting on his play.

[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair Law had a good reason to rag on our CB's. They just weren't all that great. Dennard and Ryan look like solid #2 types but nether are #1 CB's. Talib might have been our only real #1 since Law but it's hard to tell when he's only on the field and playing to the level half the season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to cellucci's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nothing if A. Wilson gets cut

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like it.

[/QUOTE]

Put a call into Peppers?  I Hope so.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we need peppers Nor Allen. 

Yes, we need to improve our pass rush, but I think we have a very good pass rusher in Collins. 

2 keys here that would be better, less expensive and more diverse options...

sign woodyard and sign browner. Play browner at SS, he covers TEs. Collins only duty is to kill QBs. He relieves nink or jones at times. Woodyard slides into lb for Collins when he does. Collins to me is a Swiss army tool that bb should use all over the place, but I also think he can be a very good pass rusher And, rush from anywhere. One side of the field is already locked down with Revis, this opens up things for bb to send pressure a variety of ways. 

Side benefit...browner can easily slide to play corner, and woodyard could even play safety. We use collins speed in a Von miller capacity. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think we need peppers Nor Allen. 

Yes, we need to improve our pass rush, but I think we have a very good pass rusher in Collins. 

2 keys here that would be better, less expensive and more diverse options...

sign woodyard and sign browner. Play browner at SS, he covers TEs. Collins only duty is to kill QBs. He relieves nink or jones at times. Woodyard slides into lb for Collins when he does. Collins to me is a Swiss army tool that bb should use all over the place, but I also think he can be a very good pass rusher And, rush from anywhere. One side of the field is already locked down with Revis, this opens up things for bb to send pressure a variety of ways. 

Side benefit...browner can easily slide to play corner, and woodyard could even play safety. We use collins speed in a Von miller capacity. 

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I completely agree. Nink and Jones played 95+% of snaps last season. You need a DE who can take 60% of snaps to take some of the load off of them. Collins, though a good pass rusher is not a hand in the dirt kind of player. Adding a 3rd DE who has pass rushing capabilities would be very nice. Though I do agree it doesn't have to be Peppers or Allen. Allen is going to cost a ton which we don't have after signing Revis and Peppers I'd be concerned how long he can last. He's very up there in age and he might last a full year but he also has a higher risk of getting injured like Kelly did because of age. Not to mention is Peppers going to want to play a sub role because he wouldn't replace Nink.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ty Law mentored him in 2009, CUT WILSON NOW! Revis wears the legendary 24! Especially since Arrington and Wilhite made mockery of the number for years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CUT HIM NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

isnt he gone already? I thought he was cut to clear room. It went under the radar I guess. Rusty probably buried the thread because he kept saying A.W. was gonna play next year,,,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

isnt he gone already? I thought he was cut to clear room. It went under the radar I guess. Rusty probably buried the thread because he kept saying A.W. was gonna play next year,,,

[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's still here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My guess is once they get another SS (either through FA or draft) his number might be up. But until then you kind of have to keep him on the roster as all you have right now is really McCourty and Harmon. Oh and the other soon to be cut Wilson too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wilson is most likely headed out the door, so that will solve that. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Revis wears the number 24 because of TY LAW, Revis idolized him according to Bob breers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Will the Pats signing Revis entice Allen to more seriously consider the Pats?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good, interesting info.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will the Pats signing Revis entice Allen to more seriously consider the Pats?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe but when I heard "I want fair market value or im happy with retiring" It signaled to me, he was more concerned with a pay day than winning. He is too old to break the bank for. If we are gonna pay for someone I would rather Peppers but as most are saying, he will be a part time player unless they are finally gonna take the great nink off the field