That is Five minutes....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: That is Five minutes....

lets see... bill has been doing press conferences for a long time...as a long time fan did you really think you would get anything different??

but actually he did tell you something different..in the most subtle sort of way that most people would not have even noticed...  he never says stuff like this..."we have won more games in the last ten years than any other team"  so he is basically telling you that he knows what he is doing...and has the stats to back it up 

and he would never say anything bad about any player no matter what... but with all things its his way of addressing it and moving on... so in that regard I did not think it was wasted time at all

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: That is Five minutes....:
    [QUOTE]Should never have let it get to this point?  Moss was the one who requested a trade.  Moss is the one who ranted and raved about his contract after the week one win against Cincy.  Moss is the one who shot his way out of town just like he did with his previous two teams.  All this is the Pats' fault?  Get a clue.   
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

Geez, how many times do I have to spell it out for you uneducated people.  Moss wanted a trade because he had no job security after this year.  With a possible strike next season what if he got hurt this season?  Many people were saying that Brady shouldn't step onto the field this season until a contract extension was done for these very same reasons.

Like I said, I don't agree with the way he went about it but I certainly understand why he did what he did.  Now do you understand why Moss did what he did?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeisOffenseReturns. Show WeisOffenseReturns's posts

I don't.

Egghead Manning has no contract for next year.

Personally, he's crazy wanting to play for money only and catch balls from Tavaris Jackson in the future, as opposed to riding into the sunset with likely a fair market deal playing with Tom Brady for the next 3-4 years.

He made his choice.

The problem is you are defending him putting the $$ above a career goal.

Didn't he say wanted a contract and it was his last year in NE?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That is Five minutes.... : I'm not backing off, go read my last posts in the "if we don't land a top receiver out of this deal" thread for explanations. It is a fail job by BB and Kraft to get rid of Moss.  They should have never had it get the point where Moss felt he needed to act and make the statements he did.  Do I agree with Moss about the way he handled it, Nope!  Not for a second.  But it should have never got to that point to begin with.  The Patriots had a much better chance of winning now with Randy Moss, period.  BB will do good and I will praise, he will do wrong and I will give my two cents on that two.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I don't get it.  They weren't going to offer him a new contract.  And that's how they reacted.  What am I missing?  People keep saying "he needs to be double covered this" "he commands safety that"... I'm not going to go through the effort of doing the research because he doesn't pass MY eye test (can't speak for anyone else), but how many completions did he have vs interceptions he didn't fight for?  vs drops?  how long before BRADY just loses confidence in him? all along, do you really think other teams aren't going to consider this in their scheming?  seriously?  THE DUDE JUST ISN'T THAT GOOD ANYMORE.  AND THE MORE FILM PEOPLE SAW, THE LESS ATTENTION HE'LL GET.  AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY.  He'll still be dropping balls.  he'll still be losing jump balls.  His skills are deteriorating QUICKLY.  As quickly as Farve's:  Maybe faster, in retrospect...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That is Five minutes.... : I don't get it.  They weren't going to offer him a new contract.  And that's how they reacted.  What am I missing?  People keep saying "he needs to be double covered this" "he commands safety that"... I'm not going to go through the effort of doing the research because he doesn't pass MY eye test (can't speak for anyone else), but how many completions did he have vs interceptions he didn't fight for?  vs drops?  how long before BRADY just loses confidence in him? all along, do you really think other teams aren't going to consider this in their scheming?  seriously?  THE DUDE JUST ISN'T THAT GOOD ANYMORE.  AND THE MORE FILM PEOPLE SAW, THE LESS ATTENTION HE'LL GET.  AND NOT IN A GOOD WAY.  He'll still be dropping balls.  he'll still be losing jump balls.  His skills are deteriorating QUICKLY.  As quickly as Farve's:  Maybe faster, in retrospect...
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE]

Good Lord, the voice of reason.. I was sitting in traffic near Baytown, heard about a press conference and made the mistake of commenting on it, because I was freeking bored.. Next time I'll think before I post.. Especially while driving..... Sorry

I had no idea this board had become so touchy to their own.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Sorry, man.  Just a little excitable since I actually started posting.  Maybe I should just go back into lurker mode.  For my own well being...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That is Five minutes.... : Geez, how many times do I have to spell it out for you uneducated people.  Moss wanted a trade because he had no job security after this year.  With a possible strike next season what if he got hurt this season?  Many people were saying that Brady shouldn't step onto the field this season until a contract extension was done for these very same reasons. Like I said, I don't agree with the way he went about it but I certainly understand why he did what he did.  Now do you understand why Moss did what he did?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

While you're educating people, you might want to remember that the Vikings haven't given Moss an extension. He's got no more security now than he had two days ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That is Five minutes.... : While you're educating people, you might want to remember that the Vikings haven't given Moss an extension. He's got no more security now than he had two days ago.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

P-mike, Isn't it interesting that all of the sudden Moss says he's not concerned with the contract, Only getting to work on the Vinkings playbook.
    What a team guy Huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That is Five minutes.... : P-mike, Isn't it interesting that all of the sudden Moss says he's not concerned with the contract, Only getting to work on the Vinkings playbook. What a team guy Huh?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I suspect that what Randy really wants, e (and I've said this before), is big, big stats that will engender a bidding war for his services after the season. With Sidney Rice's contract coming up, the Vikes aren't going to extend Randy, but Favre probably will force the ball to Moss -- actually, he's going to have to -- the way it became apparent that Tom Brady no longer would.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That is Five minutes.... : While you're educating people, you might want to remember that the Vikings haven't given Moss an extension. He's got no more security now than he had two days ago.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, Moss will be given an extension with the Vikings.  they want him there and realize what his deep ball threat will mean to the running game.  Their running game is dead without the deep ball threat, now that Moss is there Peterson will be able to run the ball.  We can't run the ball with a deep threat, imagine now without a deep threat what our running game willl look like.  Back to the topic, Moss will be taken care of in Viking land.  He has security there, that's all he wanted all along.