That Ridley Sure Was A Reach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: That Ridley Sure Was A Reach

In Response to Re: That Ridley Sure Was A Reach:
    [QUOTE]Cedric Cobbs and Garrett Mills were pretty good in the preseason too.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Garrett Mills! My god there's a name that I thought was going to do something here. They had him at H-back and he looked good - athletic, quick, smooth - then he got hurt and Bill tried to hide him on the practice squad. Brad Childress picked him up and Belichick called him and asked him not to (Chilly wouldn't budge). Belichick returned the favour and stole a linebacker they liked and kept him around for like half the season...special teams type...undersized. Either way, neither one of them worked out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

I do NOT think RB depth will be a problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I was always high on this kid i said he was the best rb we drafted and is a future #1 back...look at my posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

sheesh you're just like my mother- alright, alright, you told me so

[QUOTE]I was always high on this kid i said he was the best rb we drafted and is a future #1 back...look at my posts.
    Posted by xxcodyfxx[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I didn't say he was bad

But what he did tonight did NOT show on his college film

He looks smaller, faster, and more agile now.  He looked STIFF in all of his college highlight reels

No questioning the heart and desire, though.  He's a rich man's BJGE, and I think he'll take Green-Ellis's roster spot by virtue of pass-catching

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to That Ridley Sure Was A Reach:
    [QUOTE]bawahah Remember when people complained of this pick/didn't get it?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about wonderboy? I saw few if any complaining about this pick other than to say that RB wasn't a pressing need. Maybe I missed the complaining. Aren't you prematurely ejaculating a bit here over a pre-season game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]BB is a terrible GM.

Don't be silly. He's average.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The runs I saw, he looked real good.  Will be much more important to the team than either of the QB's who played last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to That Ridley Sure Was A Reach : What the hell are you talking about wonderboy? I saw few if any complaining about this pick other than to say that RB wasn't a pressing need. Maybe I missed the complaining. Aren't you prematurely ejaculating a bit here over a pre-season game?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Like the way the kid played, but you're right it's a pre season game, in which guys haven't had a lot of time practicing tackling yet. Do I think he'll be good? His chances greatly improve with a passing game added to the offense (which he should have). At first I thought he reminded me of Dillon a bit, last night he looked like the way Ronnie Brown was supposed to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

looks lighter than college, giving him more wiggle. also glad to see the reported practice dropsies were shaken off under the bright lights. he left after his junior year, and only had one season with more than 167 yards rushing. watched him play 4 years huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]I was confused why someone wouldn't like his skill set here.  He;s not even with the 1st team offense and he pretty much dominated. Think about that.

Lets just calm down a bit until he does that to a first string defense. I'm excited about Ridley, its nice to see a guy that isn't afraid to lower his shoulder and run through the defender. Looks real good in short yardage, I loved his 2nd touchdown run, just refusing to go down

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He looked good but I'm going hold of judgement until part way through the season. After 1 pre-season is a bit premature. Otherwise Farnham would be a starter tomorrow.

Esp since rook RB's generally look like pro-bowlers in their 1st pre-season game. Most likely because if they had success in college they are usually running against 2nd and 3rd tier defenses with rooks and JAGs mix in there too. Also, coaches generally don't game plan for players and run random defensive schemes (see who Jax ran all over us that first series)

Now I'm really hoping Ridley can continue on the path he's going but it's pre-season. Lets wait to see what he does against starters before getting to excited about him. Lets not forget how good Maroney looked every pre-season

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Liked what I saw with Ridley last night.  Agree that it's only the first pre-season game but isn't this what being a fan is about - irrational exuberance? With apologies, of course, to the rational posters on this forum.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB drafts people who are underrated.  Apparently Ridley, written off as slow, wasn't actually that slow.  The same was true of Brandon Spikes last year.

Another third round reach:  Taylor Price.  What a waste of a third round pick!  No Babe, not average, bad!

Solder gets credit for starting at left tackle two weeks after landing in Warwick.  He'll get better.  Ridley benefitted from a great line and from great passers taking the pressure off of the running game.  Of course the passers were reaches too.  47 points...

The verdict is still out on Vereen and Ras-I.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I was impressed with him. It was one game but "experts" kept saying he won't fake you out and couldn't catch. What Ridley are they talking about? He had a good game, hope he continues to build on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

..and when Mankins was drafted, nobody knew who he played for; didn't understand the pick.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is the first time in a long time that We have had a young bruiser like Ridley along with a changhe of pace guy like Vareen.  One reason is Billy likes his vets at running back and the other is we had that 4 year drought starting Maroney who I had never thought had true rb skills, more of a taller, WR type and not enough moves, like spins and jukes...

Now we have 2 guys w/ fresh legs who really dont even need to be counted on, but can provide a nice chang of pace and speed to our offense w/ Vareen.  I think back to couple years ago when the Giants had those 2 young backs to compliment Jacobs.  Ward and the other guy I forget,  but good situtation. BIll will let Sammy Morris mentor them in camp until Sept and then cut him,. but he will be on speed dial.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

yup, i complained about the pick and know i was wrong about it now. my concern was using two picks for running backs without adding a pass rusher. thats why belichick is calling the shots and i'm just watching. ridley looked fast, tough, decisive and more. i was wrong about him for sure and look forward to watching him play... i have been honking up taylor price though, its just one preseason game but he will be good, very good. he was impressive in his one game last year and last night..

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Comparing Maroney who needed a gaping hole to Ridley?  Wow. Also, Maroney never looked good in preseason. BJGE did and that's what caught my eye then. You can't teach desire. Sold.

Did I every once compare Ridley to Maroney? Nope, King your reaching there. What I said was that Maroney looked good in pre-seasons games too (which he did). All I'm saying is before we all get to excited about a runner with obvious talent is to wait until a couple of regular season games and see how he performs against starting level talent before proclaiming him to be an amazing high caliber RB. The 1st pre-season game during an extremely short camp workout period is not the best base to judge a rookie. Seriously King get a grip for a second and take a deep breath. He looked impressive but he's going to have to continue it through at least part of the regular season before anyone should declare him a great pick and that includes every pick including Solder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this has gone far enough. its 1 game. lets wait for the regular season before crowning him Arian Foster.  Gotta say, I can't wait for game 2 to watch him run and catch passes again!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts