THAT was what 60 minutes looks like

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

THAT was what 60 minutes looks like

Tom kept saying he would love to see what 60 minutes of good football looked like.  Well, there is was.  I think tonight the offense only actually played about 54 minutes well, the defense did a solid 60.  Nice work all around, and special teams was smokin hot too.  It looked like VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: THAT was what 60 minutes looks like

They took the foot off of the throat a good 10 mintues before the end and it was still a dominating blow-out.  

Fans of all the remaining contenders that were watching tonight are still trying to pick their jaws up off of their family room rugs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

That was just all around domination. It's nice to see the team finally get that post season victory and in that kind of fashion. What a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The last time I saw a post-season beatdown like that was the Bears over the Pats in the SB XX.  In fact, it looked to be worse, but these Pats eased up, while those Bears did not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Do you think the defense set a record for number of negative plays in the postseason?

Haven't seen that many since supebowl XX

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think they took the foot off the pedal a little early, BB should have let TB get the 7 TD record at least instead of running down at the goal line

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I'm glad I saved it on DVR...I'm watching the whole 60 minutes before tomorrow's games!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Agreed with above..that was pretty dominating.  But there will be enough for the BB and the coaching staff to yell at the guys about....fumbles, losing their composure at times, etc, etc.

That defense looked similar to the dominant performances they were putting up in the preaseason...when we thought they had turned the corner.  Well done...well disciplined.  Ninko had one helluva game.  Everyone got in on the act!

Sterling Moore made a few pass breakups...which was great to see.  That one to force a punt was big in the first quarter...he slapped the guys hand (or his junk, I couldn't tell, it was pretty close), and the ball came flying out.  He was on whatever guy he was covering pretty tight.  I thought he played the position much better than McCourty has all season.  Looks like we may see more of him there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: THAT was what 60 minutes looks like:
    Do you think the defense set a record for number of negative plays in the postseason? Haven't seen that many since supebowl XX
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

I asked that on another thread.  Considering the Pats took the foot off the pedal early, but the '85 Bears did not, I think this defensive post-season performance rivals that one. I would love to know if that was a record.

I am so glad I had faith in this D and this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. Good thing NE pounded the rock and didn't pass. 

;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Yeah. Good thing NE pounded the rock and didn't pass.  ;-)
    Posted by zbellino

+1 lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yeah. Good thing NE pounded the rock and didn't pass.  ;-)
    Posted by zbellino

I think you are being sarcastic, but if you recall, it was the running game that got them on their way.  Lots and lots of good runs early.  Check the record.  The passing game came on later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: THAT was what 60 minutes looks like : I think yo are being sarcastic, but if you recall, it was the running game that got them on their way.  Lots and lots of good runs early.  Check the record.  The passing game came on later.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Sorry Chris. Luv ya. But that isn't even a credible post. 

They did nothing to run the football. They basically passed it down their throats ... record setting. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: THAT was what 60 minutes looks like : I think yo are being sarcastic, but if you recall, it was the running game that got them on their way.  Lots and lots of good runs early.  Check the record.  The passing game came on later.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

that 50-yard run you remember was by Aaron Hernandez, motioning out of a 5-wide formation into the backfield

wasn't a traditional run

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: THAT was what 60 minutes looks like : that 50-yard run you remember was by Aaron Hernandez, motioning out of a 5-wide formation into the backfield wasn't a traditional run
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Which, of course, doesn't count as a run.  Remember?

Only runs by big running backs count as runs. So, any run by Woody, Brady, Hern, whoever, doesn't count. 

We all remember that right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Uhhhhh...it was a running play.  

Almost all of the plays on the first drive - and the yards advanced - were on run plays.  Check the game log.  The passing onslaught came later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Uhhhhh...it was a running play.   Almost all of the plays on the first drive - and the yards advanced - were on run plays.  Check the game log.  The passing onslaught came later.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

NE = 22 runs and 34 passes before the final 2 minutes. 

Beat the Broncos.

NE = 28 runs and 29 passes before the final 5 minutes.

Lost the to the Jets. 

Running =/= winning. 

Execution = winning. 

Stop being disengenuous. 

NE passed like crazy, and owned the Broncos. 

Running =/= winning. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: THAT was what 60 minutes looks like : Which, of course, doesn't count as a run.  Remember? Only runs by big running backs count as runs. So, any run by Woody, Brady, Hern, whoever, doesn't count.  We all remember that right?
    Posted by zbellino

it was a run, but it didn't set up the pass

it just took advantage of the fact that the Broncos didn't know which way was up and overcompensated for the pass because Brady was already, what? 3 for 3? and runnign a hurry-up offense.

when chris argues that the run set up the pass, this doesn't give his argument any credibiltiy, especially when they went right back to passing it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

How satisfying was that? Those guys played with emotion, control and ferocity. Brady's passes were crisp and tight - some good hard running, great execution all around. Loved Brady's kick - how old school was that! I swear it was an inside joke on the option offense...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

NE first 2 drives vs the Jets = 7 runs. 

NE first 2 drives vs the Broncos = 4 runs. 

I thought NE lost because they "didn't commit to the run" against the Jets?

That was the party line.

Right?

Why didn't it "set up the pass" last season?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Pats rushed for 156 yards.  

Not much running, huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How satisfying was that? Those guys played with emotion, control and ferocity. Brady's passes were crisp and tight - some good hard running, great execution all around. Loved Brady's kick - how old school was that! I swear it was an inside joke on the option offense...
    Posted by BelichickDisciple

Of course it was!

And it probably nabbed an obscure record for Brady.

Probably the only player to throw 6TDs and punt in the same game. LOL. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This was the most balanced, well executed offensive attack the Pats have had all season against a tough D and the defense let the dogs off the leash.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Pats rushed for 156 yards.   Not much running, huh?
    Posted by chrisakawoody

146 ... and 1/3 of their runs came in the last two minutes of football. 

NE = 22 for 134 before the final two drives. Broncos. 

Ne = 28 for 113 before the final two drives. Jets. 

You are reading tea leaves dude. 

Winning happens when  you execute, not when you meet arcane run/pass ratios. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This was the most balanced, well executed offensive attack the Pats have had all season against a tough D and the defense let the dogs off the leash.
    Posted by wozzy

It wasn't close to balanced. 

It was 32/22 before the garbage time drives.

That is not balanced. 

Be honest!

Sections
Shortcuts