That's Some Discount

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

That's Some Discount

Remember when Kap was going on about he was willing to take less to help the team stay competitive.  LOL!  I wish athletes would just stop saying foolish crap like that if they aren't serious.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 14m

For #49ers QB Colin Kaepernick: It’s a 6-year extension worth up to $126M with $60M guaranteed, source says. Under contract through 2020

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3m

To be specific, the Kaepernick 6-year extension includes $61M guaranteed, the highest ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: That's Some Discount

Brady makes half the AAV as QBs like Kaep, Romo, Cutler, and Flacco. If Brady plays on his deal for the 27 gtd over 3 years, he's a god.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I agree Joe that Brady actually put his money where his mouth is and took less to help the team.  Of course when your wife is super rich and your last two contracts made you one of the highest paid players in the NFL it is easier to do this.  I don't blame Kap for getting what he could, but I just find it so phony when players talk about giving their teams discounts and then go out and sign one of the largest deals in history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Joe is missing the point on Brady's contract...he rcvd approx $$35 in signing and restructure bonus, and his 2014-17 years are guaranteed against injury. 

In essence Brady is on a 4/$70 pretty much guaranteed (at least against injury, and let's face it, he isn't getting cut)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think Joe is missing the point on Brady's contract...he rcvd approx $$35 in signing and restructure bonus, and his 2014-17 years are guaranteed against injury. 

In essence Brady is on a 4/$70 pretty much guaranteed (at least against injury, and let's face it, he isn't getting cut)

its actually like a 5/70 but I get the added money on the restructure all I know is Brady is making less than the Romo's and cutler's of the world

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Deal is pretty much as expected, includes rolling guarantees in there which is the norm.

Interesting info here, which pcmIV might have missed on...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Most unique aspect of Colin Kaepernick’s new deal: it contains $12 million in signing bonus, whereas most big QB deals are $24-$40 million.

Colin Kaepernick specifically requested his deal allow 49ers flexibility to negotiate extensions with players such as WR Michael Crabtree.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Let's see what guaranteed money does to his attitude, work ethic and judgment.... it could emphasize bad traits or highlight good ones. Let's see what path he takes.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

I give SF this year and then the collapse to ensue slowly but surely. Albatross contracts which Flacco's started will make it more difficult for that franchise that sat on top 10 picks the previous 7 or 8 years prior to 2011.

Tough division, too.  They had to sign him, but my god did he gouge them.  I am probably in the minority thinking he's overrated, immature and bound for an injury.

Another prediction you will be wrong about.  I see the 49'ers being the team to beat in the NFC.  They will be better then the Seahawks, the Packers won't even be close.  A top rated defense and a high powered offense, too much for the Seahawks.  Solid built team for the next 5 season.  Kaepernick doesn't get injured so I wouldn't bank on him getting an injury that lessens their chances to make it to the SB.  You might not like his cocky attitude but the guy is a winner, he is driven to succeed.  They will have a Lombardi trophy within the next 3 seasons.  If it wasn't for the Pats improving the D like they have for this coming season I would be picking the 49'ers as the SB favorite.  I can see a Pats vs 49'ers SB come February.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I give SF this year and then the collapse to ensue slowly but surely. Albatross contracts which Flacco's started will make it more difficult for that franchise that sat on top 10 picks the previous 7 or 8 years prior to 2011.

Tough division, too.  They had to sign him, but my god did he gouge them.  I am probably in the minority thinking he's overrated, immature and bound for an injury.

Another prediction you will be wrong about.  I see the 49'ers being the team to beat in the NFC.  They will be better then the Seahawks, the Packers won't even be close.  A top rated defense and a high powered offense, too much for the Seahawks.  Kaepernick doesn't get injured so I wouldn't bank on him getting an injury that lessens their chances to make it to the SB.  This team is built for the next 5 seasons, easily.  A lot of money but money well spent this day of the game.

Have to agree with you here. I think they'll be a force for quite a few years, as will the Seahawks obviously. So much young talent, and they typically keep infusing it with more through solid drafts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Some AAVs, Brady isn't exactly half, but he's definitely lower than his peers:

Kaep 21

Brady 14.1

Manning 19.2

Brees 20

Rodgers 22

Ryan 20.75

Flacco 20.1

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Another prediction you will be wrong about.  I see the 49'ers being the team to beat in the NFC.  They will be better then the Seahawks, the Packers won't even be close.  A top rated defense and a high powered offense, too much for the Seahawks.  Solid built team for the next 5 season.  Kaepernick doesn't get injured so I wouldn't bank on him getting an injury that lessens their chances to make it to the SB.  You might not like his cocky attitude but the guy is a winner, he is driven to succeed.  They will have a Lombardi trophy within the next 3 seasons.  If it wasn't for the Pats improving the D like they have for this coming season I would be picking the 49'ers as the SB favorite.  I can see a Pats vs 49'ers SB come February.

You are such a homer.  No one cares if you live in the general area.  He crapped himself sill on 1st and goal from the 5 in the suoer bowl.

Veterans have been fleeing that team every year and it will continue..

Their top 10 picks are long gone, too.  Aldon smith'-s situation is also a disaster.

they have 1 year left in their window before scaling back and hoping their drafts come through.

to cast off seattle so quickly like it is some fact is also pathetic.

kaepernick is about to get vick'd.  Legs will snap like twigs at some point.

Is he the kind of homer that can't see that BB hasn't had as much success in the last decade as all the guys that have won a superbowl?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You are such a homer.  No one cares if you live in the general area.  He crapped himself sill on 1st and goal from the 5 in the suoer bowl.

Their top 10 picks are long gone, too.  Aldon smith'-s situation is also a disaster.

they have 1 year left in their window before scaling back and hoping their drafts come through.

And no one cares that your long lost uncle took you to Patriot football games.  You are the homer!  You don't think there is any possible way other teams could be just as good or better or make good deals?  You sound like the jealouse girlfriend on here every single day.

Time will tell!!!  It will be another instance of me proving you wrong.  I don't think I have ever been wrong going up against you.  I always laugh at the silly rushing beat you tried to sucker people into last season.  People were accepting the bet just to get rid of you!

Wanna make a bet?  Wanna make a loser leaves forum for good bet?  I bet the 49'ers go further in the playoffs then the Seahawks!  How's that?   Loser leaves forum for good.  If you aren't man enough to back up your claims then just shut the hell up.  Heck, I would even consider going easy on you and possibly accepting a loser leaves forum for 6 months bet, beginning the day after the Super Bowl.  What do you say?  Deal??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

And no one cares that your long lost uncle took you to Patriot football games.  You are the homer!  You don't think there is any possible way other teams could be just as good or better or make good deals?  You sound like the jealouse girlfriend on here every single day.

Time will tell!!!  It will be another instance of me proving you wrong.  I don't think I have ever been wrong going up against you.  I always laugh at the silly rushing beat you tried to sucker people into last season.  People were accepting the bet just to get rid of you!

Wanna make a bet?  Wanna make a loser leaves forum for good bet?  I bet the 49'ers go further in the playoffs then the Seahawks!  How's that?   Loser leaves forum for good.  If you aren't man enough to back up your claims then just shut the hell up.  Heck, I would even consider going easy on you and possibly accepting a loser leaves forum for 6 months, beginning the day after the Super Bowl.  What do you say?

Take this bet Russ.   I like your chances.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Totally agree San Fran's window got much smaller. They need to pay Aldon Smith eventually.. Bowman and Willis have big contracts same with Brooks and this Kaep deal is insane. He's no better than average in my book, if you cant stop and contain his running, the offense is stoppable.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

Interesting point raised by PFT about the deal. Although it's a new high (if the new numbers as reported are correct), with the cap increasing the way it has, it could end up being below market value by the end of the deal. Cap just jumped by 10MM this year, and could continue to do so for years in the future. IF the cap continues to climb at its current rate, their investment could look very, very good down the road.

Then again, this is all conjecture. Nobody knows for sure whether or not he'll play to that level or whether the cap will continue to climb. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Wanna make a bet?  Wanna make a loser leaves forum for good bet?  I bet the 49'ers go further in the playoffs then the Seahawks!  How's that?   Loser leaves forum for good.  If you aren't man enough to back up your claims then just shut the hell up.  Heck, I would even consider going easy on you and possibly accepting a loser leaves forum for 6 months, beginning the day after the Super Bowl.  What do you say?

Take this bet Russ.   I like your chances.

I didn't even say SF wouldn't have a good year if you read my original statement. I said their window got much, much smaller.  It did.  It's one thing to know you have to pay your QB who outplayed his rookie deal, but to see the aftereffects kick in, IMO, SF will be like Baltimore in a couple years from now.

Look at you weasel out of this!  You are a joke rusty!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

How did I "weasel" out of it if I said their window got smaller, where you lied and tried to put words in my mouth?

Sf/SEA will battle for the division lead, but IMO, SF's window shrinks with the bloated Kaepernick contract.

Why are you so supportive or bloated QB deals?  

That's the market right now for franchise QB's. The dude has loads of talent, he will lead the 49ers to a Lombardi trophy within the next few years. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more then 1 under this new contract. Only a jealous girl like you doesn't see it. You have been bashing him since he took over your boyfriend Alex Smiths job. You bashed him in this thread, so come on little man, step up and take my bet. 

Here is what you wrote....

He crapped himself sill on 1st and goal from the 5 in the suoer bowl.

Their top 10 picks are long gone, too. Aldon smith'-s situation is also a disaster.

kaepernick is about to get vick'd. Legs will snap like twigs at some point.

----------

Sounds like you don't think they are a contender.  Sounds like they are making all the mistakes, that they don't know what they are doing, that their QB is over rated... just like you act concerning all the other teams not named the Patriots. 

Hey, it's cool to be a big loyal fan of our Patriots but dude, there are other teams out there that are doing well.  Amazing you have a really, really, really hard time admitting it.  You have some serious issues. 

You are such a homer!  According to you all other teams suck yet the other teams are winning the Super Bowl every year since the 2004 season.  You are a joke, a total fraud!  So come on, I'm calling you out.  Step up and put take my bet.

Sections
Shortcuts