The 100 Million Dollar QB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

The 100 Million Dollar QB

you have to wonder which QB,s are worth this kind of money.eli manning is the latest to fall into the 100 million dollar club.joining 7 others.to me he isnt worth it.yes they won the SB a couple years back,but it wasnt him,who won it.he hasnt done anything before that,or since.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1657

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Re: The 100 Million Dollar QB

no athlete in the world is worth 100 million.  all this money could be better spent curing cancer, let's be real.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

or treating the millions of children in the world dying from curable diseases ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from travlinterry. Show travlinterry's posts

New York being New York.

Neither Manning is worth 10 mil !! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

In Response to Re: The 100 Million Dollar QB:
    or treating the millions of children in the world dying from curable diseases ...
    Posted by themightypatriots

or incurable diseases like AIDS for that matter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

Posted by themightypatriots

or buying out the logging companies cutting the planets lungs out miles and square miles aday...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Or giving it to me...my wife says I'm insufferable Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

Well, he deserves it. They did win a superbowl with him whether we like it or not. He may have not been the main reason they won but I dont think they would have exactly beaten us with lets say Ryan Leaf, would they?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from travlinterry. Show travlinterry's posts

Well, he deserves it. They did win a superbowl with him whether we like it or not. He may have not been the main reason they won but I dont think they would have exactly beaten us with lets say Ryan Leaf, would they?
    Posted by DrDoItchBig

well, then...Tom deserves 200 million for 3 SuperBowls by your reckoning?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm anxious to see what Brady's contract will look like.  I don't think his contract will be much below market this time, if it's even below market at all.  My take on why we haven't/won't see extensions to contracts is that Kraft is wagering that 2010 will be an uncapped year.  While he will not give big bucks to everyone, he probably will to a select few.

As for all of our free agents next year, that too is a huge advantage for us if 2010 is uncapped.  The top teams cannot sign any free agents until they lose a free agent themselves.  While we don't want to lose any of our top guys, losing some of our middle-tier players will open up slots for us to sign free agents.  

All that said, I hope I'm wrong and the cap remains in place.  The system we have isn't perfect, but it's done well enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Sounds like 20 million per word in Eli's vocabulary

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is called being at the right place at the right time.  Anyone one of us wouldn't turn this money down if offered.  Could signing Eli cost the Giants other players in the future?  Is he a cap buster?  Will he adjust his contract to help the team in the future.  Has he ever REALLY played like a $10 Mill per year QB?  Some lucky throws in the SB made this guy rich, didn't it? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

no athlete in the world is worth 100 million.  all this money could be better spent curing cancer, let's be real.
    Posted by beastplant

More power to him. If the owner of the Giants wants to give him 100 Mil, so be it. I'm sure if your boss offered you 100M to clean toilets you would say "No thank you, I want to cure cancer." Lets be real people. You are worth every penny someone is willing to pay you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

To me this is a perfect example as to why the Pats are the best and the rest dont know what they are doing.

Tom Brady is by far and away the best QB in football. And I would bet my life that he wont take a 100 million dollar contract to sign here. he will do what he has always done, he will make sure that he makes enough money to live off of and then he will make sure he does not tie the team down. He will take a 70 million dollar deal or something like that and then he will let the team use the rest of the money to sign free agents. That is how Brady rolls. he is team first even when it comes to his pay check. who else can say that? who else can say they took a 60 million dollar deal instead of a 100 million dollar deal just so that your coach can get you good players? And then 3 years later redo your contract so that the team can sign Moss. Eli is thinking about Eli and not his team and any other player that makes their team cough up that much cash is not a team player. Team players make sure that the team has the money to make the team better. Eli is selfish and his brother is selfish and anyone who makes that much money is selfish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

How much would it cost to build a giant Candy Cane Rainbow?  That would be money well spent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The 100 million figure means nothing, what matters is what's guaranteed.  That being said, the NFL isn't recession or depression resistant.  It's only a matter of time before Pro Athlete salaries catch up to the economy.   the NFL would be the last casualty as it is the most popular sport in America.  But I can remember reading an article on season ticket prices dropping in some markets and Ad revenues on the decline.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to The 100 Million Dollar QB:
    you have to wonder which QB,s are worth this kind of money.eli manning is the latest to fall into the 100 million dollar club.joining 7 others.to me he isnt worth it.yes they won the SB a couple years back,but it wasnt him,who won it.he hasnt done anything before that,or since. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1657
    Posted by mosseffect43

Without Plaxico Burress he is nothing.  Same thing with Romo.  Just wait and watch (and laugh).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

You Pat's fans still whining about getting beat by Eli?

Let it go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You Pat's fans still whining about getting beat by Eli? Let it go.
    Posted by JAR59

I thought they were defeated by the NY Giants, not Eli "got some lucky heaves caught in the SB" Manning!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

You Pat's fans still whining about getting beat by Eli? Let it go.
    Posted by JAR59

JAR59:

We have....this is simply a discussion about rating relative market value among QB's.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JAR59. Show JAR59's posts

Bill and belenus...

Just thought I'd throw one in for old time's sake!

However, I do agree with tartarus, who said you're worth whatever someone else is willing to pay you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Bill and belenus... Just thought I'd throw one in for old time's sake! However, I do agree with tartarus, who said you're worth whatever someone else is willing to pay you.
    Posted by JAR59

Amen.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: The 100 Million Dollar QB : or buying out the logging companies cutting the planets lungs out miles and square miles aday...
    Posted by beastplant

so you and your envir0onmental friendly friends can live in your wood, plastic, and metal houses in your concrete communities and enjoy the spoils of life LOL hypocrites

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Looks like Plaxico was more valuable to the Giants last year. After he got hurt, the NY passing game went "bye bye". And such a good running game. And beaten by the Eagles, their mortal enemy.
    So we will once again see if Eli and the passing game will be the achillies heel of the NY Giants offense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freeradical8. Show freeradical8's posts

More the reason Tom is worth 300 million. Remember years
    ago he had a bunch of no name receivers and still won with them.

Sections
Shortcuts