The 1976 Patriots/Oakland game was fixed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The 1976 Patriots/Oakland game was fixed

Was today's game as well?

As I have stated here I am having the above statement written on my grave stone...me thinks today's Patriots/Jets game would fit there as well.

Too much money on the line and to many folks have been caught not to believe it happens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: The 1976 Patriots/Oakland game was fixed

The 1978 Miracle in the Meadowlands game was fixed as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I watched the game live - on the roughing penalty Hamiliton tipped the ball. Ref Ben Drythe will live in infamy in New England

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched the game live - on the roughing penalty Hamiliton tipped the ball. Ref Ben Drythe will live in infamy in New England

[/QUOTE]

It was a series of calls ending with the phantom ruffing the passer call...you could feel the game being taken away...kills me to this day..Patriots would have been SB Champs that year. Later...when Stabler was linked to organized crime I said tell me that don't stink.

And I'm dead serious about the 1978 Philly/Giants game as well...it was a blatant fix...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Many NFL games are fixed. When hundreds of millions are to be made, of course evil will get in on that act occasionally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

League tried to give Marino his SB. I will never forget the divisional game against KC - with seconds to go Okeye breaks a run from the 30 down to the Miami 10 for the easy game winning FG. A flag appears for holding moving the ball back to the 40 and of course a missed FG by KC allowing Miami to advance....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

" For the good of the league, " I can't prove it but I can suspect it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As did I.

RH was half a stride running full bore at Stabler when the ball left his hands. The fix was in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Today's seemed fixed- they better stay cosistent from now on and call that penalty or people will always wonder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I AGREE IT WAS DISGUTING HOWE THE NFL CHEETED THE PATS AND TOM TERRIFIC TODAY. COMPLETE FAKKING BS IM SICK OF THE REFS SCREWING BOSTON SPORTS TEAMS. AND I TELL U ANOTHER THING, THE JETS FAKKIIN SUCK 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

To me, that 1976 loss to the Raiders was the second most frustrating loss ever as a PATS fan. The first was SB 42. The call on Hamilton was ludicrous. Also, the Raiders" secondary continually held Russ Francis in the 4th quarter and they were never called once for holding. Yes. That game was fixed.   The PATS most likely would have won their first SB in 1976.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And Madden still despises the Pats for it - his 15-1 season loss was a 48-3 shellacking by the Pats

Sections
Shortcuts