The 2008 season.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: The 2008 season.

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

+1million to the last two posts...

and while I think the schedule was reallllly easy in 2008 and the Pats really didnt beat a good team it still was a good season..

The reason the Phins and Jets went 11-5 as well was bcz they got the same easy schedule and killed it too.

Cassel was great for being chucked into that role and BB did a great job keeping it afloat.

It doesnt bother me we didnt make the playoffs that season because they werent beating anyone with Cassel at QB and the Defense aging

You're right, Cassel did do a great job.  I can't agree with your assessment that they didn't beat any good teams, however.  They beat the Dolphins, who won our division, and they beat Arizona.  Didn't Arizona go on to play in the Super Bowl? 

It just gets really old, how people keep trying to find excuses for why the Patriots had a good record that year.  Or, more specificially, why Cassel did as well as he did.  According to many people, the team really wasn't that good.  Well, if that's the case then shouldn't they have lost more of those games to those mediocre teams, being so "mediocre" themselves? 

Then we have those who contend that it was really because of our defense that the team's record was as good as it was.  That's interesting...in four out of their five losses the defense gave up 38, 30, 34, and 33 points.  Even when TB is quarterbacking, most people would agree that the team would be lucky to win games with that many points being given up.  By the way, the 38 points was to the Dolphins and the 34 was to the Jets.

For me, it all simply means that the team went 11-5.  Had a very good season and just missed out on the playoffs.  I remember feeling, that year, if they had made the playoffs that they could have had a shot at making it to the Super Bowl.  They were playing very well, as the season drew to a close.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Let's imagine a world where the 2008 team finished with a .500 record, but played the hardest schedule in the NFL.  You'd be on here telling us how BB is useless without Brady and that anyone that mentioned the strength of schedule is just "spinning" and that the record was a "fact".

Balderdash. I have freely admitted BB's excellent coaching in 2008 numerous times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to garytx's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder

I am quite obsessive about exposing lies. That won't change.

Your only obsession is telling us how crappy everything is.

Try to address the thread subject instead of analyzing the author.

I thought I did by telling the truth about your obsession.  Outside of maybe Rusty I don't know of anyone who thought that 2008 was a great season.  The Pats didn't make the playoffs so how could it be?  It was more of a surprise on how well the team did without their starting QB.  When the backup QB comes out the general rule of thumb is it's going to be a long year.  Instead of the playoff team you have an 8-8 team at best.  The schedule is meaningless when your out there with a backup QB that hasn't started since high school.  Those mediocre teams are now a problem.

The thing is..... I don't keep bringing up 2008. The homers who want to tell us that everything will be peaches and cream when Brady goes because BB is the greatest GM of all-time do.

So I thought it would be a great idea to make a thread so they could really get it all out instead of sniping with it here and there in various threads.

Apparently you don't think it's a great idea. Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to partake. So don't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Let's imagine a world where the 2008 team finished with a .500 record, but played the hardest schedule in the NFL.  You'd be on here telling us how BB is useless without Brady and that anyone that mentioned the strength of schedule is just "spinning" and that the record was a "fact".

How many times has the aging, fat and bald Babe started this thread?

He's so gay for Brady, it's become legendary.

How many times have you mentioned 2008 as proof BB is the greatest GM ever, moron?

Sections
Shortcuts