The 2010 Reload

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The 2010 Reload

Ok Pats fans. We got thoroughly embarrassed yesterday and it's time for BB and Kraft to do some soul searching and get this organization back on track. It's going to take some tough decisions (who do we keep, who do we let walk), creative signings of FA's, and a strong draft in 2010 and 2011. 

Personally, I think this team is a lot more than just a "pass-rusher away" from a SB visit. We need help both on offense and defense. We need to reshape this team, and find talent that is aggressive and possibly "outside the BB mold". We need a new philosophy on offense and defense and some talented coordinators who can help BB and take the pressure off of him. 

Here come the questions;
    1. Who on the current roster do we let walk?
    2. Who are the top 3-5 FA's that we target in the off season? 
    3. What are the top positions/players that we go after in the 2010 draft?
    4. Who do we bring in as OC/DC to help BB? 

Lets hear your thoughts. I'll share mine once we get this post cranking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: The 2010 Reload

FA are hard to judge just yet as we dont know about the CBA and therefore who will be free vs RFA. 
    Keep Wilfork, Bodden, Mankins, Ghost.
    Draft Kindle OLB, Dwyer RB, Pouncy OL,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

From past drafts, especially from 2009, we know that BB pulls good prospects like Mayo and Vollmer.  He also pulls average guys like Butler and Chung, and below-average guys like Ron Brace.  However, BB is excellent at dumpster diving for Edelman, Myron Pryor, Jake Ingram and a few others.  Promote someone.

From past free agent signings we know that Joey Galloway was a bust.  Burgess has been a bust so far, unable to pick up the Patriots' 3-4 for some reason.  Maybe these players were discarded for a reason.  The free agent scouting department needs a couple of firings.

The offensive play calling has been tired and apparently predictable, especially when Welker isn't in, but also Baltimore was timing the snap count and yelling out the play before the ball was hiked.  I saw one Patriots' flea flicker play early in the season.  Just a guess, but either Edelman or 70-yard chucker Stanback (NCAA record distance in the air?) could have thrown a gimmick pass this season.  Give the play-calling duties to someone else, and think up some wrinkles once in a while like Charlie Weiss did.

Early in the season the defensive backfield just got cut to shreds.  Don't draft any more 5 foot 9 inch defensive backs, because they can't jump in certain situations running downfield with a receiver, so the receiver easily grabs the ball.  Also the bug boys get injured too easily, which means player changes, which means an inconsistent backfield.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Personally, I think this team is a lot more than just a "pass-rusher away" from a SB visit. We need help both on offense and defense. We need to reshape this team, and find talent that is aggressive and possibly "outside the BB mold". We need a new philosophy on offense and defense and some talented coordinators who can help BB and take the pressure off of him.

Hmmmmnnn...that's pretty much everything, yeah?  Of course, expiring contracts might make it so.  Regardless, the attitude and character of the big contract players (aside from Brady; he played hurt) is what I believe is missing, not to mention the rest.  Of course, this is not to say that the Pats aren't the best team ever and will win every game next season.