The 33rd pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: The 33rd pick

In Response to Re: The 33rd pick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The 33rd pick : I would rather see them get a 2011 2nd round pick instead of 2013....It is a deep draft!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
      Depends on the team.  If its a top 20 pick, I would do it in a heart beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]Hence the word...assuming (never a good thing to do).  Someone posted Cincy beat Carolina so they are out of the equation.  Your post assumes Atlanta will roll over and play dead.  Assume Carolina will roll over and play dead
    Posted by IrishJPM11[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately when it comes to Draft seeding ~ it does not matter that Cinc beat Carolina ( Head to head has no bearing ,it's only used for seeding playoff position )

GO SAINTS !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The 33rd pick : Unfortunately when it comes to Draft seeding ~ it does not matter that Cinc beat Carolina ( Head to head has no bearing ,it's only used for seeding playoff position )  GO SAINTS !
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

That was my mistake. The first tiebreaker for draft seeding is strength of schedule. I'm not yet sure how Carolina's compares to Denver's.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:N6vWfSsCPPsJ:football.about.com/od/miscinformation/a/detdraftorder.htm+nfl+draft+tiebreaker&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's where strength of schedule stands right now.  CIN has a slightly more difficult schedule than the Panthers.  DEN has by far the easiest schedule so I doubt they could move ahead of CAR.

DENWLCINWLCARWL
    JAC86NE122NYG95
    SEA68BAL104TB86
    IND86CAR212CIN311
    TEN68CLE59NO104
    BAL104TB86CHI104
    NYJ104ATL122SF59
    OAK77MIA77STL68
    SF59PIT114NO104
    KC95IND86TB86
    SD86BUF410BAL104
    STL68NYJ104CLE59
    KC95NO104SEA68
    ARI410PIT114ATL122
    OAK77CLE59ARI410
    HOU59SD86PIT114
    SD86BAL104ATL122

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Agree with you Bobbysu. This is the best time for the Pats ro use the picks particularly if the changes come in regards draft players payments.

Early picks must be for blue chip players who can contribute early.

Why get players lower in the draft when they will battle to make the roster particularly when  our defence has SEVEN starters who have been there only two years!!

We will never get a chance like this to be in such a position for least amount of money particularly when the clock is running out (five years?) for Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Too early to be draft nerd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Too early to be draft nerd.
    Posted by rochfan[/QUOTE]

With amount of picks the Patriots have this year it is never too early!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishJPM11. Show IrishJPM11's posts

Again assuming we have the 32 and 33 pick.  If no trade is made before the 32 pick there is no strategic or tactical reason to make the pick on day 1.  Initially I thought it was just a neat idea.  But, the more I think about it...why not?  Roger will get mad...I am sure appeasing him has always been Bill's philosophy.

The player we would select on day one...will still be there at the start of day 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Again assuming we have the 32 and 33 pick.  If no trade is made before the 32 pick there is no strategic or tactical reason to make the pick on day 1.  Initially I thought it was just a neat idea.  But, the more I think about it...why not?  Roger will get mad...I am sure appeasing him has always been Bill's philosophy. The player we would select on day one...will still be there at the start of day 2.

Absolutely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Thanks for S O S breakdown faucetman .

( Bengals are actually 4 games up due to the fact that they would automatically increase their SOS win total by 1 should the Panthers get a win in week 17 ~ which is the only way Carolina can activate the tiebreaker with Cincy )

Looks like its either Denver or Carolina coming in last this season.

It would really ber a pisser if it wound up being Josh McD's Broncos implosion being the cause of the Pats not realising that #33 pick .
    ( Ironically  , It was his embarrasing draft decisions that helped sink his ship in Denver  )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]Again assuming we have the 32 and 33 pick.  If no trade is made before the 32 pick there is no strategic or tactical reason to make the pick on day 1.  Initially I thought it was just a neat idea.  But, the more I think about it...why not?  Roger will get mad...I am sure appeasing him has always been Bill's philosophy. The player we would select on day one...will still be there at the start of day 2.
       Dont quote me on this, but after that Minnesota fiasco a few years back, didn't the nfl change the rule for getting your pick in, on the time alotted? I think if you miss your pick, you lose it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Not that I think BB would do it, and I am too lazy right now to do the math, but if we trade our 3rd rd pick and all of our 4-7ths that can be traded, how far up can we move?  Can we get another 2nd?  I would be thrilled to have 2 1st, 3 2nd and a 3rd.  Adding 6 quality guys could help us for years to come.  Plus I like this draft more than most years.  Seems to have some good guys at most spots we can use and near where we draft.  Minus OTs since there are no elite ones. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]Not that I think BB would do it, and I am too lazy right now to do the math, but if we trade our 3rd rd pick and all of our 4-7ths that can be traded, how far up can we move?  Can we get another 2nd?  I would be thrilled to have 2 1st, 3 2nd and a 3rd.  Adding 6 quality guys could help us for years to come.  Plus I like this draft more than most years.  Seems to have some good guys at most spots we can use and near where we draft.  Minus OTs since there are no elite ones. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.....I would love them to trade their 4th-7th round picks to move up with their other picks....They need guys that can come in a start

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for S O S breakdown faucetman .  ( Bengals are actually 4 games up due to the fact that they would automatically increase their SOS win total by 1 should the Panthers get a win in week 17 ~ which is the only way Carolina can activate the tiebreaker with Cincy )  Looks like its either Denver or Carolina coming in last this season.   It would really ber a pisser if it wound up being Josh McD's Broncos implosion being the cause of the Pats not realising that #33 pick . ( Ironically  , It was his embarrasing draft decisions that helped sink his ship in Denver  )
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, and I'm kind of ticked off now that we gave up the better of our 4th rounders to Seattle for Branch.  I'm glad we got Branch, but if we gave up our 4th instead of the 4th we got from Denver for Maroney, we'd be sitting with the 2nd pick of the 4th round and have 7 picks in the top 100.  That would just be insanely greedy.  Having 5 picks in the top 75 is still pretty sweet when you consider the weaker third of teams will have 3 picks by then and the other better two thirds will only have 2 picks by 75.

We could be coming off a SB with 5 top 75 picks including 15, 32 and 33.  That is akin to have 3 first round picks as SB Champs.  The other teams may as well pick up their marbles and go home next year.  No wonder everybody hates us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

No wonder everybody hates us.

How sweet it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

No wonder everybody hates us.

And long may that be the overall sentiment 2wards us because we all know what that will mean......continuing success

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Not that I think BB would do it, and I am too lazy right now to do the math, but if we trade our 3rd rd pick and all of our 4-7ths that can be traded, how far up can we move?  Can we get another 2nd?  I would be thrilled to have 2 1st, 3 2nd and a 3rd.  Adding 6 quality guys could help us for years to come.  Plus I like this draft more than most years.  Seems to have some good guys at most spots we can use and near where we draft.  Minus OTs since there are no elite ones. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]
    Hey Mord,

Love the idea.  Are you talking about trading up our 3rd or the Vikings 3rd?  I don't think we have the ammo today for our 3rd to do that but we might once the draft gets going and we start manuevering.  The problem is we don't have any of our own 5th through 7th round picks but we should get New Orleans 6th for David Thomas and we should get a 6th Comp pick for Ben Watson which of course we can't trade.  To get to 63 (the highest 2nd rounder after our own 64) we need 276 points.

Vikings at 74 is worth 220 points.
    Our pick 96 is worth 116.

We could combo them and get to 57 but that isn't what you meant.

Pick 128 is worth 44
    Pick 187 (from NO) is worth 16.6

We could combo 74, 128, and 187 and just sneak back into the bottom of the 2nd if Atlanta wants to play ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I say trade those low picks into next years draft. If we go into next years draft with only 7 picks people will be screaming for Belichicks head!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The 33rd pick : Yeah, and I'm kind of ticked off now that we gave up the better of our 4th rounders to Seattle for Branch.  I'm glad we got Branch, but if we gave up our 4th instead of the 4th we got from Denver for Maroney, we'd be sitting with the 2nd pick of the 4th round and have 7 picks in the top 100.  That would just be insanely greedy.  Having 5 picks in the top 75 is still pretty sweet when you consider the weaker third of teams will have 3 picks by then and the other better two thirds will only have 2 picks by 75. We could be coming off a SB with 5 top 75 picks including 15, 32 and 33.  That is akin to have 3 first round picks as SB Champs.  The other teams may as well pick up their marbles and go home next year.  No wonder everybody hates us.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]
       Me too. But with that being said, at this point, I wouldn't trade Branch for a first round pick. The guy has been incredible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Faucet, I didnt play the numbers with either 3rd, was more of a thought that I was too lazy to run the numbers on.  Either way, I would be pretty happy if we somehow played around and ended up with 1 more high pick and used them.  This way we can fully restock for Brady's last few years.  Plus if we draft a young DE and OLB our D can grow more every year due to experience.  This will give us a margin for error IF Brady loses any skills at the end of the current 5 year contract.  All those young guys will be in their primes when he is towards the end. I want him to leave us with 5-6 rings!!!!  Yes I am greedy, but think barring injuries we can see that.