Re: The absoloute best thing about this draft!!!
posted at 5/12/2014 1:58 PM EDT
4 sources of labor to fill out a roster.
3) cut players(also FA's, but treat them seperately)
4) trades with other teams
Listed is the primary order this stuff happens in, but #3 and 4 can really happen any time.
Now that we are through #1 and 2 on the list above where do we stand:
1) we are a little weak at WR/TE, especially TE
2) we are very thin at backup LB, especially with the Mayo injury last year
3) We are questionable at SS, although I agree with above that we will use our strong and deep DB's to be in sub packages alot. Ryan and Browner can probably both be SS's in 5 or 6 DB sets.
4) we have alot of talent on the O-line
5) we have sufficient depth on DL, assuming health of Folk. kelly, and Easley
6) We are 3 deep at QB now
7) We are deep at WR, but questionable if we have enough top end talent
8) RB's are probably sufficient...
I think I see a bunch of 4-2-5 sets and even some 3-2-6 sets.
Jones Folk easley/kelly Nink
revis arrington mccourty browner dennard/ryan
is pretty formidable. This could certainly get run on though. In a pass happy league, maybe BB is thinking he will run 4-2-5 as his base D and move heavy or light from there.