The absoloute best thing about this draft!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

The absoloute best thing about this draft!!!

......is that a lot of bandwagon fans in this forum have been exposed for what you really are! A true long time Patriot fan may express his/her displeasure at the draft, but the repetitive nonsense spewed in this forum by alleged fans is nothing more than elementary school type whining! If your not happy, get off the dang bandwagon and go find another team to root for! Quite frankly, I am truly surprised at some of the posters who I thought were legit fans that have exposed themselves. Sad.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: The absoloute best thing about this draft!!!

I can understand legit substantive criticism - incessant whining is another matter  For example, Easley injury history appears to me to be a legit concern while asserting, in the face of substantive evidence to the contrary, that he could have been had later in the draft is quite another.  My opinion of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There are some legit concerns for this draft. As ATJ pointed out Easley's injury history is a big concern as well as 2 of the 3 OL we picked up. Considering that injures have ravaged the team for the last 3-4 years and everyone keeps on saying, if it wasn't for 'x' getting injured, I would say drafting 3 players to fill holes that have major durability question marks is a good reason to question those picks.

For Garopollo it depends on how you look at it. If you are a fan who sees the window is closing quickly and you saw a hole that could be filled with a 2nd rounder then I think you can wonder why take a QB in the 2nd. Personally, I love the player but I do wonder if we couldn't get someone to help us this year vs someone we hopefully don't see for 3-4 years.

The rest of the picks I have no issues with though and see a lot of potential. However, to come out of day 1 and 2 with someone with major knee issues and a player who you hope not to see until 18' it can be a bit disappointing. I don't think it makes anyone any less of a fan to be disappointed in that. And frankly I don't know what's worse, complaining about a team because you want so badly for them to get better or telling other fans to leave the fan base because they express their opinion. 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

If that's the "absolute" best thing about the draft, the Pats are in serious trouble.

People complain, incessantly or randomly, because they want the team to improve and don't see that happening.  Not because they are trolls and haters.  Some are just more vocal.

A lot of people don't like this draft.  Proclaiming they are not true fans is...... (fill in the blank)

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I don't have any issue with differing opinions on this or any other issue on this forum. It proves that we aren't redundant and creates opportunities to learn from each other. Having said that, you should have your say and move on. OK, we get it. You don't like the injury risk with the first pick, the QB pick with the 2nd, and the fact that they didn't draft a tight-end. That's your opinion and you have every right to it. But carrying on and on and on incessantly with the same negativity wears everyone down. I think that's what Quagmire is referring to. I don't know if that's because these folks are secretly rooting against the team or they just have an over-inflated view of their own experience and judgment. I think it's more the latter rather than the former but, either way, it grates on one's nerves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

The reason these people complain about the draft is that they know what the team needs to improve, if you follow the team it's pretty obvious. Many of the people on this board spent countless hours watching highlight videos of many college athletes, and reading scouting reports. Hoping to get certain players. They have a vested interest in this team, and prepare for the draft as if they are in the war room. And most years with BB drafting it gets very frustrating. He hardly ever goes with the more obvious picks, he sometimes picks guys up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that he could probably get in the 7th round or UDFA. Most other teams are much more predictable than BB. The frustrating thing is that many times these so called whiners are right. BB has fell flat on his face a few times. To be honest with you, I think BB is the best coach in football on Sundays, but as far as drafting goes, he sometimes leaves you in stunned disbelief.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Of course, people are entitled to their opinions. They can whine if they want to. No matter whether you liked or didn't like the draft choices, you'll still have to let things play out of the next four months or even longer to see whether this was a good draft for the Patriots or not.

As for me as a fan, I'm rooting for the picks to perform well and prove the naysayers wrong because that will make our team stronger and more likely to go all the way!

Boston, City of Champions 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Truth be told none of us know whether this draft is a hit or miss for 2-3 years.  We all lose sight of that given the endless number of opinions out there from pundits who haven't spent as much time analysing the draft pool than the teams drafting.  Easley?  I'll trust that the Pats medical folks are ok with his injury recovery.  Garoppolo?  They need to start thinking about the days post-Brady at some point. 

I went into this draft believing that the Pats would try to address the O and D lines.  While I think they could use another TE and a S, they have depth at a lot of positions and they'll probably add a vet or two at some point to address those positions. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I went into this draft believing that the Pats would try to address the O and D lines.  While I think they could use another TE and a S, they have depth at a lot of positions and they'll probably add a vet or two at some point to address those positions. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they feel safety is a concern. Reading in between the lines it seems like they are comfortable with Harmon being on the field in the base D which they are only in 33% of the time. The other 67% they are sub D packages where they will mix and match the secondary personnel where they can use a guy like browner in the nickel or have the flexibility of having Collins cover a TE if they want.

As far as TE goes tough to say what the thought process is unless they feel they are more comfortable spreading the field in the 5 wide set until Gronk gets back.

just spit balling some possibilities.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I'm pretty sure every whiner on this board hopes these picks pan out. This could turn out to be a great draft. Many people are upset we didn't draft a TE. I think BB wanted to but there was a run on them and every one of the top 5 or 6 went earlier than projected. I wouldn't be surprised if we already have a deal with Dustin Keller and haven't announced it yet. I like all 3 of the offensive linemen we drafted, he went for size and power. Throw Marcus Cannon into the mix and that a lot of size and power.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they feel safety is a concern. Reading in between the lines it seems like they are comfortable with Harmon being on the field in the base D which they are only in 33% of the time. The other 67% they are sub D packages where they will mix and match the secondary personnel where they can use a guy like browner in the nickel or have the flexibility of having Collins cover a TE if they want.

As far as TE goes tough to say what the thought process is unless they feel they are more comfortable spreading the field in the 5 wide set until Gronk gets back.

just spit balling some possibilities.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You could be right ghost.  Harmon seemed to hold his own last year, enough so that apparently drafting a S in the first few rounds wasn't a priority.  Could also be that, as you say, there are some in-house candidates to play S in the sub-packages (Ryan?).  Maybe they get Gregory back at some point too at a lower salary more commensurate with a reduced role?  

Re: no TE, yeah, they can probably feature an O around their WRs now that the younger guys have some time in the system.  I wouldn't hurry Gronk back if I were them.       

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

. . . I don't know what's worse, complaining about a team because you want so badly for them to get better or telling other fans to leave the fan base because they express their opinion. 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

[/QUOTE]

Hard to disagree with this.

And apropos of nothing:

You know how you can tell if your wife (or your husband) is cheating on you?

She (or he) starts not trusting you.

Now who is rubber and whom is glue?

I keep forgetting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I

Hard to disagree with this.

And apropos of nothing:

You know how you can tell if your wife (or your husband) is cheating on you?

She (or he) starts not trusting you.

Now who is rubber and whom is glue?

I keep forgetting.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Sigh it just irks me when fans tell other fans to leave the fan base because they don't believe exactly what you do or that they don't wear ruby glasses and think everything is perfect. We all enjoy or team in different ways and we all want the best for our team. Some are just more passionate about areas they view as needs to improve to get back to the promise land, while others are more relaxed floating down a stream of everything is perfect just sit back and enjoy. Doesn't make either side any less of a fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Sigh it just irks me when fans tell other fans to leave the fan base because they don't believe exactly what you do or that they don't wear ruby glasses and think everything is perfect.

This isn't directed at you, but do you want to know what irks me?  When people spam every thread with "OMFG this pick was horrible BB sux at drafting" and justify that opinion by copy pasting 2 sentences from the first scouting report they googled or just stating their opinions as facts.  TFB12 is having a meltdown of epic proportions on this forum for example and it seems like that behavior is getting on people's nerves.  I don't give a crap that you or anyone else is critical of the draft, but I'm going to get annoyed if someone keeps spamming the same bs in every thread like "OMFG we needed a TE and like all 5 of them would have been amazing in the Pats offense because I said so".  Heck even I was not initially thrilled with the Easley pick, but I said my bit, explained how I came to my opinion and then let it go.  I think that's all that people want around here when they make a thread like this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sigh it just irks me when fans tell other fans to leave the fan base because they don't believe exactly what you do or that they don't wear ruby glasses and think everything is perfect.

This isn't directed at you, but do you want to know what irks me?  When people spam every thread with "OMFG this pick was horrible BB sux at drafting" and justify that opinion by copy pasting 2 sentences from the first scouting report they googled or just stating their opinions as facts.  TFB12 is having a meltdown of epic proportions on this forum for example and it seems like that behavior is getting on people's nerves.  I don't give a crap that you or anyone else is critical of the draft, but I'm going to get annoyed if someone keeps spamming the same bs in every thread like "OMFG we needed a TE and like all 5 of them would have been amazing in the Pats offense because I said so".  Heck even I was not initially thrilled with the Easley pick, but I said my bit, explained how I came to my opinion and then let it go.  I think that's all that people want around here when they make a thread like this.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.  I felt the same about the Easley pick but after a while of reading some more informed opinions here and around the internet, I am beginning to feel more comfortable with it.  And, I'm sure BB can rest easy now that he knows I'm OK with it.  LOL!

As for Garoppolo, I don't really look at him as Brady's successor although he may end up in that position, I look at him more as Mallet's successor.  The Pats will need a legit backup QB after this season or maybe even before.

As for the incessant whining.  I don't want to mention names but they sound like a bunch of little bytches.  Please, I am guessing you guys are actually grown men.  Quit embarrassing yourselves.  So you don't like the picks. Deal with it like a rational adult. This forum has enough annoying trolls as it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Come on Quag, that post is just plain silly.  It doesn't matter if a person has been a fan from their first breath of life or became one just last week.  It doesn't matter if you sat through the years of Plunket leading the team or what ever other BS I have read here over the last couple days.  Entitlement to show displeasure about your favorite team is based on when you became a fan.... LMFAO!  That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. No matter when a person has become a fan, a fans goal for his/her favorite team is universal.. it is to win the championship.  Plain and simple!

I have been reading opinions about the draft on the intenet, listening on tv and radio and there are plenty of long time Pats fans who fill there were some bad choices in this draft.  Does that make you fill better??  Plus there are plenty of people out there who are paid to analyze drafts and teams who think there were some misses by the Pats in this draft, are you really saying you know better because you have been a fan longer? Or that their opinion doesn't matter because they aren't fans?  Come on now!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a freaking break.  Meltdown, hahaha!!  call it what you want... I was spot on with my last "meltdown" the Welker/Amendola switch last season hurt big time... just like I said it was going to.  Same with my Moss "meltdown" and my WR 'meltdown" going into last season. I have been nothing but right on this forum.. my 'meltsdowns" have been all with good reason and unfortunately spot on.   Sorry you and a few others have a problem with it.... but I don't care.  How is that!  and guess what...I'm not going anywhere!

We missed out on a important position this year that would have been huge and an immediate impact for this team now and the future.  Apparently you are one of the homers living in a plastic bubble and have your head in the sand because its all over the place...... that the Pats missed with the TE position in this draft.  Struck out, whiffed, blew it!   We better hope Gronk is there all season or BB brings someone a whole lot better then Hooman in because that position is huge for this offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

4 sources of labor to fill out a roster. 

1) FA's

2) draft

3) cut players(also FA's, but treat them seperately)

4) trades with other teams

Listed is the primary order this stuff happens in, but #3 and 4 can really happen any time.

Now that we are through #1 and 2 on the list above where do we stand:

1) we are a little weak at WR/TE, especially TE

2) we are very thin at backup LB, especially with the Mayo injury last year

3) We are questionable at SS, although I agree with above that we will use our strong and deep DB's to be in sub packages alot.  Ryan and Browner can probably both be SS's in 5 or 6 DB sets.

4) we have alot of talent on the O-line

5) we have sufficient depth on DL, assuming health of Folk. kelly, and Easley

6) We are 3 deep at QB now

7) We are deep at WR, but questionable if we have enough top end talent

8) RB's are probably sufficient...

I think I see a bunch of 4-2-5 sets and even some 3-2-6 sets. 

4-2-5

Jones    Folk      easley/kelly     Nink

Mayo/hightower collins

revis  arrington  mccourty   browner  dennard/ryan

is pretty formidable.  This could certainly get run on though.  In a pass happy league, maybe BB is thinking he will run 4-2-5 as his base D and move heavy or light from there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Sorry you and a few others have a problem with it.... but I don't care.  How is that!  and guess what...I'm not going anywhere!

You know how Rusty annoys everyone on this board by constantly bashing Brady in almost every thread?  That is what you have been doing the past few days about this draft.  Everyone on this website knows your opinion.  There is no reason to repeat the same crap over and over again in every thread.  No one is asking you to leave.  I tolerate Rusty.  I can tolerate you if you choose to act like this.  I'm just saying don't be surprised if people get annoyed.  And it's not because of your opinions.  MtHurl made a thread literally entitled "The Draft Belichick Took a Dump On" or something to that effect.  I don't care because he said what he thought and left it at that.  Whenever he posted in other threads he actually said something of substance instead of what you have been doing which is spamming the board with "OMFG I can't believe we didn't draft a TE".  Stop playing the "woe is me I'm being persecuted for my views" card.  It is pathetic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

that position is huge for this offense.

That position was huge for this offense because we had 2 top 5 talents at the position.  Before 2010 TE was not a focal point of the offense.  If you think it is guaranteed that any TE we draft would have a Gronk or Hernandez like impact simply because of the "scheme" you are sadly mistaken.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I have been nothing but right on this forum.

You sound an awful lot like somebody else who posts here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I welcome the criticism and open discussions here. I don't like it when anyone takes a rigid point and hammers it home again and again. 

Especially when it comes to the draft. For example, I hated the Garopollo pick for several reasons, not for drafting a QB but for using a 2nd round pick on him. But what if he goes on to have a hall of fame career for the Pats? Not likely, but still possible. Then the pick would look brilliant in retrospect. It takes years for this to play out. 

As for this: "I have been nothing but right on this forum"

This bothers me on two fronts. 

First, I don't care if the poster is right or wrong, when they are hammering a point home again and again and not keeping an open mind to new information then its just not much fun to interact. 

Second, no one is always right in this forum, that's not how it works in sports. No one here has a monopoly on football truth or interpretation. That kind of "I'm always right" stuff is really tiresome. Maybe only second to "I told you so/I warned you" etc. Ugh.

But yeah, you were right on Welker over Amendola. I was wrong, though it's worth keeping in mind things could change somewhat. If the Pats win a Super Bowl with Amendola playing an important role in the season, and the Broncos never win one with Welker, the longer view will dictate a different view on these opinions. In year one it hurt the Pats and helped the Broncos, though mostly because Welker took Talib out of the championship game. It would have hurt the Pats more if they have been unable to resign Edelman, but they were able to do so. The Welker move was important - advantage Broncos for last year - but it did not result in a Super Bowl win for either team.

I get the critique but I don't get the hostility. Isn't the point to enjoy ourselves here and have some good (if heated) football discussion?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The problem with some of the whiners is they don't stick their necks out.  It's easy to disagree and say "see I said so" or if the pick works out you just stay quiet.  We have a few who do this.

Legit argument on the picking of injury history type of player.  The truth is the Pats are always have key players on the injury list going into the playoffs.  These guys are great when they are on the field but when the playoffs are here they aren't.  That's my problem with this draft.  It is a wait and see type of thing but history ain't with the Pats on this.

I guess I'm one of the few who didn't care too much for this draft.  I didn't think they addressed the needs of the team.  But that's just me.  I can live with it if I'm wrong too!  Imagine that. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

APPLAUSE TO PCMIV..... APPLAUSE.

Those are all my exact feelings.

You can be negative about the draft and not like the selections.

But running around like a little girl looking for attention on it is annoying.

TFB says the 5 TEs would've been a big help, then I say look how rookies do in our offense, they struggle in the first year always since its a complex offense. he totally disregards that and says you cant compare old draft classes. Those 5 TEs would be nice in 2015, it was a long shot that one would be HUGE this season. maybe decent but nothing THAT much better than Hooman, fact.

Again, APPLAUSE TO PCMIV.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry you and a few others have a problem with it.... but I don't care.  How is that!  and guess what...I'm not going anywhere!

[/QUOTE]

You know how Rusty annoys everyone on this board by constantly bashing Brady in almost every thread?  That is what you have been doing the past few days about this draft.  Everyone on this website knows your opinion.  There is no reason to repeat the same crap over and over again in every thread.  No one is asking you to leave.  I tolerate Rusty.  I can tolerate you if you choose to act like this.  I'm just saying don't be surprised if people get annoyed.  And it's not because of your opinions.  MtHurl made a thread literally entitled "The Draft Belichick Took a Dump On" or something to that effect.  I don't care because he said what he thought and left it at that.  Whenever he posted in other threads he actually said something of substance instead of what you have been doing which is spamming the board with "OMFG I can't believe we didn't draft a TE".  Stop playing the "woe is me I'm being persecuted for my views" card.  It is pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO - we have a winner! This is the point.

Of course everyone has their own opinion and we banter about it. But the absolutist, omnipotent, denigrating whining is not opinion, It is a little spoiled brat who wanted a fantasy football team and instead gets the real Patriots, worts and all.

And as gary says above you whiners (and that means whiners not people who simply hoped for a different draft) didn't have to make your omnipotent decisions while on the clock and before you knew what every other team would do.

If you want to debate the pros and cons of say this class of TEs (which have been called weak by many except you whiners) that is great. But get over yourselves first.