The "Newbie" Vets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

The "Newbie" Vets

It can't be overlooked that Belichick has once again dipped into that pool of veterans, all of which were cut by franchises they were linked to, and pulled out some gems.

Fred Taylor - He is one of those guys whose numbers are a little suprising.  I think it hurts him that he played for the Jags only because they were never a team to watch with the Colts dominating their division for so long.  I just watched him on Youtube and he appears to be more of a staight forward runner.  It's not that he can't take a hit or juke but it's a bit striking to see his running style in comparison to say one Laurence Maroney.  Almost polar opposites.  Hopefully makes a solid contribution, hopefully mentors Maroney.

Shawn Springs - I have big expectations for him in terms of contributions here and there.  He may not have classic production in the way of many INTs but I think he'll be a solid press corner who, if limited in action, hopefully has an entire season of solid matchups.

Joey Galloway - The darkhorse of the offense.  Like Taylor he's coming off of a subpar 2008 which followed an incredible 2007.  Let's just say he is somewhere inbetween - anybody going to be upset if he opens up more for Moss or Welker?  I think the guy being on the field totally changes the dynamic of the coverage game.  How are they going to defend all these guys? 

The expectations are almost too high, as Moss said last season, but on paper you're looking at something great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: The "Newbie" Vets

and don't forget the additions to the stable of tight ends.
    Baker should be a solid blocker and Brain Freeze on the guy from Tampa, should probably push Watstonehand, I mean Watson for the starters job in my opinion. and Watson is also in a contract year so maybe he will actually show up on Offensive Plays and not Just the Sudden Change plays

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not watching the obvious ones.I want to see what McGowan brings to the table,also if Paris Lenon is as good as he was in Detroit the Patriots found a gem as insurance against injuries at the inside LB position.At OLB TBC returns I wonder if he'll make the team?On offense Big Al Johnson is a guy I'll watch to see if he can steal a spot on the roster,and finally I think that Greg Lewis will become the next Jabbar Gaffney.There are so many newbies that you need a calculator to count them all,but here's a sleeper too watch Vinny Ciurciu the former BC Eagle LB who was brought in to replace Izzo.The obvious ones are easy to spot but harder to tell if they are impressing the staff,guys like Bodden,Springs,Galloway,Baker,Alex Smith they come with good reputations so you don't really get an idea of what their respective position coaches are thinking.This could be the most competitive Pre-Season of the BB era just based upon available talent,and these are just the players who are already here!What happens if Burgess or Vick enter camp?? At any rate I'm happy to see that Camp has started and that the early reports are that Brady was at both practices and in full participation!!! This can only be a good sign!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are leaving a lot of other guys out. The reason we were so good in 2001, 2003, and 2004 is we always had a very deep team. Meaning our middle of teh road type players were just as importent as our starters. And we have that again in this group of players. We have a fantastic middle of teh depth chart. Greg Lewis could shock some people and if not he would be great if someone got hurt or just needed a blow. Chris Baker and Alex Smith are good pick ups, and even Brandon McGowen teh SS we signed from the Bears is a good depth type guy. We are strong all over teh depth chart and I really think this will be what puts us over teh top and wins us a championship