The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft

Yeah for the NFLPA who aren't even a union anymore telling top prospects to boycott a once in a lifetime event for players not even part of the NFLPA, what balls they have. If the teams are in anti-trust violation what do you call a non unionized NFLPA flexing it's muscles trying to gain leverage by telling future but still non NFLPA members what to do?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/14/nflpa-tells-incoming-players-to-boycott-draft/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft

Especially after making it known that they were perfectly willing to cede the owners a rookie wage scale so that there would be more money available to the guys already in what used to (and will soon again) be the union.

Simply priceless.
    Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The whole union decertification thing is a sham.  I'd love to see the owners win the lawsuit challenging the decertification.  It in no way was done for the reasons the law intended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft:
    [QUOTE]The whole union decertification thing is a sham.  I'd love to see the owners win the lawsuit challenging the decertification.  It in no way was done for the reasons the law intended.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand how a union can decertify, reform as a trade association, collaborate with none NFLPA members to gain negotiation leverage against the NFL, and sue for anti-trust when the union hasn't really decertified. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : I just don't understand how a union can decertify, reform as a trade association, collaborate with none NFLPA members to gain negotiation leverage against the NFL, and sue for anti-trust when the union hasn't really decertified. 
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has the exact same management structure.  The players reps are the same.  Everything is basically the same.  The owners do have a good argument that it is a sham.  I doubt they will prevail in court though.  It's a classic case demonstrating how court rulings have drastically altered the spirit and intent of certain laws.  Union members were never intended to decertify a union they are happy with just to gain a better negotiating position.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Unions destroy everything they touch. And what a great PR move DE (Diggum) Smith to slap the fans in the face once again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : I just don't understand how a union can decertify, reform as a trade association, collaborate with none NFLPA members to gain negotiation leverage against the NFL, and sue for anti-trust when the union hasn't really decertified. 

Lol...Alright PatsEng, we can ALL say what we will, but The "Union" (quote, end quote) bullying ("advising to join their non-existing group") these currently non-professional collegiate football players, IS in fact pretty d#mn funny (read: hypocritically amusing & fictionally absurd)...  So o.k., maybe perhaps when ya weigh this against the fact that The Players "Non-Union" really IS in the owner's corner 110% regarding a set & rather stringent NFL Draft Rookie payscale, rather than a totally absurd open flea-market on Football players who've never actually proven to be "professionally competent" football players (*cough-the only minor difference here being, the vet players of their non-union want alot of that extra mulla thrown straight to THEM, and not simply disappeared towards ownership)...THEN, after you've taken this little tidbit into consideration, maybe "d#mn funny" gets thrown outta the window, as a vast understatement to it's hilarity...
    PatsEng, I know you're a wise fella...You and I have had rather good talks, and I've always come away under the notion that intellectually you're rather well-versed, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual (recall: I said "intellectually well-versed", in no place did I state "NON-emotionally volatile psycho" on my own behalf)...       Regardless, I know you're on the billionaire conglomerate-single business-efforts-swallowing-blackhole-emotionless-Oligarchy, rich-all-powerful-trust-fund-entitled-pr!ck side of squeezing the last billion from the sweat & toil & broken backs of others, while lying about their profits & turmoil...And YOU know that I'M on the sports-game-playing-for-a-career, millionaire whiney-free-give-away-entitled-sport's-icon-archetypal-hero-superstar-pr!ck side of ransoming the last million from the initial start-up efforts and benefactor-ship hitchiking off the backs of others, while lying about THEIR own poverty & hardship...  But see, we can still be friends and agree to disagree here, right? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The draft is a once in a life time chance for these guys. Thats pretty sad. The big boys will argue all this crap out, let them do it. Let to Rooks get up on the big stage and have their moment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : Lol...Alright PatsEng , we can ALL say what we will, but The "Union" (quote, end quote) bullying ("advising to join their non-existing group") these currently non-professional collegiate football players, IS in fact pretty d#mn funny (read: hypocritically amusing & fictionally absurd)...  So o.k., maybe perhaps when ya weigh this against the fact that The Players "Non-Union" really IS in the owner's corner 110% regarding a set & rather stringent NFL Draft Rookie payscale, rather than a totally absurd open flea-market on Football players who've never actually proven to be "professionally competent" football players (*cough-the only minor difference here being, the vet players of their non-union want alot of that extra mulla thrown straight to THEM, and not simply disappeared towards ownership)...THEN, after you've taken this little tidbit into consideration, maybe "d#mn funny" gets thrown outta the window, as a vast understatement to it's hilarity... PatsEng , I know you're a wise fella...You and I have had rather good talks, and I've always come away under the notion that intellectually you're rather well-versed, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual (recall: I said "intellectually well-versed", in no place did I state "NON-emotionally volatile psycho" on my own behalf)...       Regardless, I know you're on the billionaire conglomerate-single business-efforts-swallowing-blackhole-emotionless-Oligarchy, rich-all-powerful-trust-fund-entitled-pr!ck side of squeezing the last billion from the sweat & toil & broken backs of others, while lying about their profits & turmoil...And YOU know that I'M on the sports-game-playing-for-a-career, millionaire whiney-free-give-away-entitled-sport's-icon-archetypal-hero-superstar-pr!ck side of ransoming the last million from the initial start-up efforts and benefactor-ship hitchiking off the backs of others, while lying about THEIR own poverty & hardship...  But see, we can still be friends and agree to disagree here, right? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

ROFL but of course Laz. It is very humorous that the union who wants a rookie payscale is now telling the rookies to boycott a once in a lifetime event even though the draftees haven't even entered the NFLPA yet.

My general feeling is both the union and owners are insanely dirty I just can't stand watching unions act as if they are for the people when they are clearly only out for their own interest and leverage.  It greatly disturbs me that they are willing to sacrifice such an important event in future players lives and enjoyment of the fans to gain the smallest leverage by moving interviews to other networks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : Lol...Alright PatsEng , we can ALL say what we will, but The "Union" (quote, end quote) bullying ("advising to join their non-existing group") these currently non-professional collegiate football players, IS in fact pretty d#mn funny (read: hypocritically amusing & fictionally absurd)...  So o.k., maybe perhaps when ya weigh this against the fact that The Players "Non-Union" really IS in the owner's corner 110% regarding a set & rather stringent NFL Draft Rookie payscale, rather than a totally absurd open flea-market on Football players who've never actually proven to be "professionally competent" football players (*cough-the only minor difference here being, the vet players of their non-union want alot of that extra mulla thrown straight to THEM, and not simply disappeared towards ownership)...THEN, after you've taken this little tidbit into consideration, maybe "d#mn funny" gets thrown outta the window, as a vast understatement to it's hilarity... PatsEng , I know you're a wise fella...You and I have had rather good talks, and I've always come away under the notion that intellectually you're rather well-versed, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual (recall: I said "intellectually well-versed", in no place did I state "NON-emotionally volatile psycho" on my own behalf)...       Regardless, I know you're on the billionaire conglomerate-single business-efforts-swallowing-blackhole-emotionless-Oligarchy, rich-all-powerful-trust-fund-entitled-pr!ck side of squeezing the last billion from the sweat & toil & broken backs of others, while lying about their profits & turmoil...And YOU know that I'M on the sports-game-playing-for-a-career, millionaire whiney-free-give-away-entitled-sport's-icon-archetypal-hero-superstar-pr!ck side of ransoming the last million from the initial start-up efforts and benefactor-ship hitchiking off the backs of others, while lying about THEIR own poverty & hardship...  But see, we can still be friends and agree to disagree here, right? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    Ramble On lyrics
    Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way. 
    Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay. 
    But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way. 
    For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way. 
    Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... 

[Chorus]
    Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song. 
    I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way. 
    I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On, 
    Gotta find the queen of all my dreams. 

Got no time to for spreadin' roots, The time has come to be gone. 
    [ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/led-zeppelin-lyrics/ramble-on-lyrics.html ]
    And to' our health we drank a thousand times, it's time to Ramble On. 

[Chorus]

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear. 
    How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air. 
    T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair. 
    But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her....yeah. 

[Chorus]

Gonna ramble on, sing my song. Gotta keep-a-searchin' for my baby... 
    Gonna work my way, round the world. I can't stop this feelin' in my heart 
    Gotta keep searchin' for my baby. I can't find my bluebird!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : Yeah, it has the exact same management structure.  The players reps are the same.  Everything is basically the same.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Except they're not involved in collective bargaining, which is really the only thing that matters . . . 

And it's a free country.  The players association can advise college players not to attend a draft which may very well be found to be illegal. It's up to the college players to decide whether they want to be involved in what is now a sham draft. Why is the league drafting players at the same time it's locking them out?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Once again.. fans are getting screwed.. what do we have to look forward to with no NFL season in sight?  The Draft.  Now they want to tamper with that aswell?  Someone needs to get kicked in the nads.. alot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : ROFL but of course Laz. It is very humorous that the union who wants a rookie payscale is now telling the rookies to boycott a once in a lifetime event even though the draftees haven't even entered the NFLPA yet. My general feeling is both the union and owners are insanely dirty I just can't stand watching unions act as if they are for the people when they are clearly only out for their own interest and leverage.  It greatly disturbs me that they are willing to sacrifice such an important event in future players lives and enjoyment of the fans to gain the smallest leverage by moving interviews to other networks.

Working off of your statement PatsEng, and tenacious's song lyrics, I've always been prone towards Soundgarden's hit, "Jesus Christ Pose" (Regarding their notion of the b#llsh#t inherent in "striking a pose in the name of...(on the surface=all that's holy and pure and good...in reality=selling more LP rock n' roll albums, lol).  Also, I'm doin' a reply here, so I can't see who (a regular, I know) made the rather interesting sidepoint RE: WhyTH are thw owners even holding a draft, IF they're gonna lock everyone out regardless... Lmao, interesting observation...hypocrisy on top of hypocrisy on top of posing for the media and pr...on top of revenue...on top of b#llcr#p...(that's really what I've come away with from both camps) EDIT: prolate +1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

I had a dog named hypocrisy but he would never come when I called his name,but yet I have no ill feelings.My spare tire for my ford escape is full size,is yours?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE] I had a dog named hypocrisy but he would never come when I called his name,but yet I have no ill feelings.My spare tire for my ford escape is full size,is yours?
    Posted by helterskelter[/QUOTE]

Helter lol...Ya know, sometimes I read your posts, and look, then look again, and finally say, "no prob...it's a non-sequiter,"... But then I wonder, "Hmm, maybe it's a PURPOSEFUL non-sequiter...like a Hindu or Buddhist koan," Maybe a riddle, he wants us to interpret, Meaning withIN the non-meaning, A Lesson to be LEARNED here, if and only if I'm able to ponder and decipher this cryptically meaningful riddle long enough, I'll come away a better, more aware, and just maybe, more insightful human being...  Lol, Then I finally go, "Alright, no meaning, no lesson, no connection, and altogether, zero purpose...".  But then...was this your goal for Us, all along? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : Except they're not involved in collective bargaining, which is really the only thing that matters . . .  And it's a free country.  The players association can advise college players not to attend a draft which may very well be found to be illegal. It's up to the college players to decide whether they want to be involved in what is now a sham draft. Why is the league drafting players at the same time it's locking them out?  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

If the "association" manages to murder the anti-trust exemption and create this issusory actual, living breathing free market they seem to so desperately want, how long do you think it will be before they're back in court screaming "Collusion!" at the top of their lungs when the owners still exercise fiscal responsibility in the management of their operating expenses?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The NFL does not need the top 20 prospects in New York.  They can still put on one helluva draft show without the greedy puppets there.

The players are idiots - total slaves to the AGENTS. 

The players are SO committed to their rights and freedom that they will slavishly do whatever a cabal of agents (aka greedy lawyers) tell them to do.

Oh, and Drew Brees is an idiot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]The NFL does not need the top 20 prospects in New York.  They can still put on one helluva draft show without the greedy puppets there. The players are idiots - total slaves to the AGENTS.  The players are SO committed to their rights and freedom that they will slavishly do whatever a cabal of agents (aka greedy lawyers) tell them to do. Oh, and Drew Brees is an idiot.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would be much better if they became total slaves to the owners again.  It was much better when the players made almost nothing (even though they are the ones providing all the value in football) and had no right to free agency. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Since so many of you despise NFL players, why do you watch the games?  To see Robert Kraft shaking Tom Brady's hand before the game, or Jerry Jones pacing the sidelines at the end of a game?  It sounds as if a lot of you should just stop watching football whether the owners and players reach an agreement or not.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

[QUOTE]Once again.. fans are getting screwed.. what do we have to look forward to with no NFL season in sight?  The Draft.  Now they want to tamper with that aswell?  Someone needs to get kicked in the nads.. alot.
    Posted by Ender587[/QUOTE]

this sums it up, exactly how I feel. former nflpa will lose alot of fan support if this comes to be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm starting to like the idea of no draft. The Pats won't have to wait in line anymore and hope the players they want are available at number 32. Instead, they can just go straight to the players they want and make offers.  Just think of the team we could have!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

DeMaurice Smith = FAIL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The "non-union" union bullying prospects to boycott the draft : It's called union strong arming.
    Posted by MrElectrician[/QUOTE]

Workers unite so I can pretend me and my buddies represent you and your well being as we make money off you!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

NFLPA Rep:
    I can't imagine any of you young guys wanting to show up for the draft. If I were you I'd rather put a bullet in my head in 3 different places. Stay home where it's safe

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I had no idea Mike Golic was in the Sopranos.

Sections
Shortcuts